2327 Polk St

AUX Delices

Neighborhoods: Russian Hill
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Catering, Gluten Free

• 5/29/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/06/2014

jcfong photo

jcfong

Palo Alto, CA

Great food for a very reasonable price

This family-owned restaurant provides great tasting Asian dishes at a very reasonable price (especially compared to the other restaurants in the area). The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and the staff is very helpful and nice. Great place to go with friends or on a date.

Banh Xeo - Vietnamese Crepe

Although it can be very messy to eat, this is delicious!

tommers photo

tommers

Mountain View, CA

Four stars going on five?

From the two dishes I tried, I’m super stoked about coming back to Aux Delices. The restaurant provided a much wider array of options than I had seen on most Vietnamese menus, whether they were hole-in-the-walls, middle range white table cloth Vietnamese, or fancy-dancy fusion. And the two fish dishes I had were really stellar, and at a much better price that I would have expected.

I came here with a friend who loves this place and I left totally in agreement. On my friend’s recommendation we got the Cha Ca ($12) “Grilled Filets of white fish over fresh dill & green onions with sake anchovy sauce” which was a bowl very tasty white fish with a sauce and herb mix that made every bite a delight. It was hard to pull myself away from it to try the caramel salmon ($11) while it was still piping hot. The salmon dish was a simply cooked salmon in a very hot caramel sauce. My sweet-adverse friend loved it too and didn’t think it was “too sweet” which is rare.

Our friends had one of the rolls and loved it, though their salad was “just salad” our third friend got the vegetarian chow-mein and loved it so much he got another plate of it. I tried a little and it didn’t change my dislike of chow-mein, but he seemed totally satisfied.

Their unfiltered sake ($4 / $6.5) was also great. It was milky white and slightly sweet, somewhat like coconut water, but it was so tasty that two other people ordered large bottles after trying mine.

I’m hoping to come back here enough to raise the stars to the roof.

Cha Ca

On my friend’s recommendation we got the Cha Ca “Grilled Filets of white fish over fresh dill & green onions with sake anchovy sauce” which was a bowl very tasty white fish with a sauce and herb mix that made every bite a delight. It was hard to pull myself away from it to try the caramel salmon.

Caramel Salmon

The caramel salmon was a simply cooked salmon in a very hot caramel sauce. My sweet-adverse friend loved it too and didn’t think it was “too sweet” which is rare.

Chow Mein

My friend got the vegetarian chow-mein and loved it so much he got another plate of it. I tried a little and it didn’t change my dislike of chow-mein, but he seemed totally satisfied.

Sake (Cold and Unfiltered)

Their unfiltered sake was great. It was milky white and slightly sweet, somewhat like coconut water, but it was so tasty that two other people ordered large bottles after trying mine.

Vietnamese Catering Gluten Free

jjleah

Oakland, CA
0 useful

AUX Delices  Restaurant Reviews

AUX Delices is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Aux Delices Menu Pages, Aux Delices Chow Mein, Aux Delices San Francisco, Aux Delices Sf, Aux Delices Sf Menu, Aux Delices 2327 Polk St San Francisco Ca Facebook, Five Stars Vietnamese French Restaurant, Great Places For Delivery Russian Hill, and Aux Delices Menu.