515 Sw Carolina St
Portland, OR 97239

Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grille

Neighborhoods: Corbet - Terwilliger - Lair Hill
Cuisine: Lunch, American, Salads

Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grille is a Lunch, American, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

ChefBliss photo

ChefBliss

Portland, OR

Bamboo Grove ~ good food!

This was my second time eating here, or any Hawaiian food, for that matter. I have a sweet tooth that loves all things chocolate and dessert-y. I like a good sweet and sour pork or chicken from time to time. I just don’t love overly sweet meat, and many of the sauces were sweet.

For this trip I had the Lumpia Spring Rolls appetizer. They were tiny but very tasty, and served with a nice spicy sauce. K had the large combo of Teriyaki Beef and Hibachi Ribs. The teriyaki was very sweet, just not my favorite. The Hibachi Ribs are cut flanken style, grilled, and good. His daughters had the Teriyaki Beef and the Teriyaki Chicken. The chicken was nicely done, moist, and not too sweet. Everyone really enjoyed their dinner.

The last time K and I ate here was about a year ago and we chose two dishes to share. The waiter recommended the Kihei ribs, which we tried. While the meat itself was good, it was too sweet and very salty for my taste. I remember drinking a LOT of water that night. The second dish we tried was the Teriyaki Chicken, and that was delicious.

Their dinners are in the $10 to $20 range, and if you order a large combo you will get a lot of food. K had no trouble finishing his plate, but the daughters both ended up with leftovers (the chicken picture on my blog). I had my Lumpia, from the appetizer menu, and a few bites from everyone elses plate. Each combo is served with two or three big scoops of sticky rice (yum!) and a few scoops of macaroni salad.

I would definitely eat here again, but it’s not a place I would go to on a regular basis. On weekends they serve Kahlua pig and feature live Hawaiian music, and there is usually a wait for a table. The atmosphere is fun, and the service reflects that. For this visit on Tuesday night it was us, and two other parties. I also saw a few people picking up take-out. It’s probably another sad sign of our current economy.

jessica29 photo

jessica29

Clackamas, OR

must try

I have been here with a big group and just on a date. Both are great but hard to accomidate big groups. Great food and great service. I love the surroundings and the live music.

February 6, 2012

Would agree with others who said it's the "Best Hawaiian in Portland"

Good Loco Moco, Pork, Spam, good portions and prices. Enough said!

Bai Tong Thai Cuisine

Thai in Corbett-Terwilliger-Lair Hill

Quiznos Sub

Sandwiches in Corbett-Terwilliger-Lair Hill

9/16/2018

Erikalg tried Donuts Plus in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill, liked it, and rated it . Erikalg liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
The donuts are amazing, so fresh and fluffy and the owner is so sweet.
9/15/2018

A dining patron from Portland, OR tried TCBY in Lloyd District.

9/15/2018

An American food lover from Lake Oswego, OR tried Old Country Buffet in Hazelwood - Mill Park and didn't like it.

9/10/2018

A dining patron from A1 tried Asia Kitchen in Gresham - Rockwood.

9/03/2018

A dining patron from US tried Gators Pub & Eatery in Tigard Neighborhood Area 4.

9/06/2018

An Italian chowhound from Vancouver, WA tried Mama Gianetta's Italian Restaurant in University Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/05/2018

A Buffet chowhound from Portland, OR tried Tin Tin Buffet in Gresham - Centennial.

9/04/2018

A dining patron from US tried Jung's Dynasty Restaurant in Gresham - North Gresham and liked it.

9/03/2018

A Fast Food chowhound from Portland, OR tried Dairy Queen in St. Johns.

9/01/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Estacada, OR tried Fu Jin in Richmond.

Great Hawaiin Food Lunch Dinner

From CityGrid:

Aloha! Welcome to the Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grille. We are here to serve you delicious and authentic Hawaiian cuisine. We offer weekly live music as well as catering services. Whenever you crave Hawaiian, we can give it to you!

Our menu includes:
- Appetizers
- Saimin
- AhiPoke
- Stir Fry
- Pan Seared
- And More

You will get a fabulous tropical dining experience with us, and we're excited to serve you. We recommend parties of eight or more make reservations. Tiki room available for party of up to 35 seated.

Inquire about our full catering services.

Come dine with us today!

Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grille  Restaurant Reviews

Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grille is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Hawaiian Grille, Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grille, Portland Restaurants Hawaiian, Hawiaian Food Sellwood, Bamboo Grove Restaurant, Does Bamboo Groove Use Msg, and Bamboo Grove Sellwood.