603 Bush St
San Francisco, CA 94108

Bar Crudo

Neighborhoods: Chinatown
Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten Free, Fish

Bar Crudo is a Seafood, Gluten Free, and Fish restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

grubalicioussf photo

grubalicioussf

San Francisco, CA

Successful, beautiful seafood at Bar Crudo

Bar Crudo is a must if you haven’t been to the offbeat Divisadero Street digs and treated your tastebuds to its well executed seafood and fish dishes. Nestle into your seat and begin your meal with something fresh like oysters on the half shell ($2.50 each) and a cold beer. Work your way through the menu which is divided up into sections for raw seafood, cold and hot. It’s not a super extensive menu but that’s how they stay focused and consistent, turning out quality food that is often sublime. It’s a cool and casual place to get a top notch meal in the Nopa area, without the hideous waits that other spots in the area are known for.

Crudo Sampler

This celebration on a plate showcased four fish each distinctly prepared from the other. Well-balanced and mouth-watering flavors and textures made every bite a pleasure to savor. We had artic char served with horseradish cream, dill and wasabi infused tobiko, a personal favorite, and Rhode Island fluke with jalapeno, basil, mint, citrus, coconut milk and crunchy chicharrones on top which my husband loved. We thoroughly enjoyed the scallops which were served with celery root and roasted apple puree and truffle salt, as well as the butterfish with orange vinaigrette, olives, black garlic and shiso.

You can order 8 pieces for $23 as well.

Uni Avocado Toast

We had to order this dish, especially since our server admitted that it is so good that she actually dreamed about it. It came with frisee and herb salad and indeed, it will undoubtedly leave you dreaming about coming back for more. And even if you don’t love uni, I bet you will be a convert once you try it here.

Hamachi Kama

I have to say that this dish was the least impressive, mainly because the flavors didn’t wow us and it was on the small side. I’m used to having grilled hamachi kama and love it when it has crispy, salty skin on the outside and is tender and moist on the inside. Here, in a spicy mustard oil, it was just okay, although it was prepared with some of my favorite things like oyster mushrooms and cannellini beans.

Crudo, how I must come back to you soon. All those fun...

Crudo, how I must come back to you soon.

All those fun nights in your arms… well more like on your stools, with those amazingly delicious “crudos”… From truffle oil drizzled to watercress garnished, your yummy fish defied my stubborn belief that modern fusion seafood could never do what traditional sushi could… Not only Crudo established its own style in preparing their version of raw fish, they combined innovative ingredients to bring out the fish’s best. Plus the extended beer selection… How can one not love this place?

Though I do miss the days when I could just pop in on a weeknight and get seated right away…

Update 7/16/07: A couple more fine examples why I will come back here over and over. Friday night, without reservation, we were told the wait would be an hour. Given the popularity and the size of the restaurant, I liked the fact that they didn’t pull the snobby move many other SF establishments have done to me: “No reservations? Sorry” (eyes rolling as lips moving). Instead, hostess took our number and called as soon as the expectant table was ready. And needless to say, the food was EXCELLENT. The crudo samplers were amazing… Amazing. Vanilla oil dressed white fish (too busy devouring to take note of the proper name) smelled like candy but tasted like heaven. The entire experience was simply the best. Then came the next night, as we needed a place to just chill with some good beer… we turned to Crudo again. It was a daringly odd choice for just drinks, but they have GOOD beer. Crudo didn’t turn us away. They let us hang and drink our beer until closing time. We had a very relaxing half an hour to 45 minutes, with premium beer and a chill enviornment.
This is a rare place that provides both great food and hipness without the attitude. It is only natural to call it my favorite restaurant.

Seafood Nob Hill Reservations

TiffanyChang

Chantal

0 useful

Bar Crudo  Restaurant Reviews

Bar Crudo is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Bar Crudo Bush Street, Bar Crudo On Bush San Francisco, 4 Am Bar 94108, Bar Crudo San Francisco, Ca, Bar Crudo, Bar Crudo San Francisco, Crudo Menus, and Bar Crudo Yelp + Bush.