5750 North Bayshore Drive
Glendale, WI 53217

Bar Louie

Cuisine: Italian, American (New), Contemporary

Bar Louie is a Italian, American (New), and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 6/11/2019

An Italian food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried it.

• 1/04/2017

A dining patron from Lake Geneva, WI tried it.

• 5/14/2015

An Italian food lover from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 3/13/2015

An Italian chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

LeAnnJ photo

LeAnnJ

Great Food; Lovely Atmosphere

My friend and I frequent Bayshore Mall about once a month for lunch and a little shopping and had never been to Bar Louie since starting these lunchdates about 3 years ago so we finally gave it a go recently. For starters it was their “guest appreciation” week and they were giving away a FREE drink (one per customer – including martini’s!) and a free appetizer with purchase. My friend and I forewent the appetizer (bummer because I really wanted to try the loaded tots – NEXT time!!) but I indulged in a free martini – The Tickled Pink martini. Wow – SO good. An adult version of Rudy Red Grapefruit juice with a kick. More, please! The staff was very courteous and the restaurant was very aesthetically pleasing to the eye – an “upscale” sports bar if you will; dark wood, soft lighting, but still with big screen TV’s for watching the game. The only thing that seemed out of place for both me and my friend was the skimpy tank tops the waitresses were wearing for uniforms. Neither of us by any means are prudes or prudish, but they really kind of cheapened the whole experience for us. I understand they may be trying to attract a certain clientele, but I think it could still be done more tastefully – i.e. a nice v-neck or scoop neck t-shirt would still be sexy without being “cheap”. That really would be my only criticism for Bar Louie. Otherwise I think it’s safe to say that Bar Louie will be added into our rotation of restaurants for our regular Bayshore lunch outings!

Verde Chicken Flatbread

I chose the Verde Chicken Flatbread for my meal and found it to be satisfactory. The flatbread itself had just the right amount of crunch and chewiness and the toppings were flavorful, but not what I would call “plentiful” – could have used just a little bit more of everything.

Chop Chop Salad

My friend said quite a few times during her meal that this was one of the best salads she’s ever had – and as someone with wheat and dairy restrictions I can tell you she eats a lot of salads, so that definitely has some meaning behind it! She especially raved about the house dressing. Can’t wait to try it myself next time!

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

Service from an actual server vs. the bartender

Ideally, you get great service no matter where you sit in a restaurant. But here’s the thing… to be blunt, your bartender was hired because they are exceptional at serving you drinks. Period. Fast, efficient, calm under pressure, creative when necessary (“Oh, just make me something yummy with rum”) and a steel trap memory (“It’s that drink that’s called a Red Head or something”). They may not necessarily know how many ounces of pasta come in your dish; whether your salmon is farm raised or wild caught; if the beef is grass fed or grass finished; if the mustard vinaigrette is gluten free.

That being said, I wasn’t expecting them to be so efficient that they whisked away our food and bussed our plates before we were done eating!

Bruschetta Pomodoro

Amazing, and the presentation was… well, you’d have to see it. Anyway, this is the dish that got cleared and tossed before we were done eating it. Of course he did apologize… and I’ll definitely order this again. Big enough to make a meal of, and probably for more than one person!

Loaded Tater Tots

Unexciting… I’ve had better. These were a bit of a letdown.

4foodsnobs2 photo

4foodsnobs2

below basic bar fare

Went for a brunch – it was a mistake. My taste buds still remember the mistake. Over cooked and dry whatever it was…. wont go back. No 2nd chance there..

forgettable

If you can go elsewhere – then go

lvhiphop photo

lvhiphop

Great Patio, awesome bar food

I went to this restaurant after the gym intending to have just a drink. But their excellent selection of burgers with the added bonus of substituting a turkey or veggie burger…changed my mind. I had the oriental turkey burger and wow the wasabi mayo was really fantastic.
We were able to get a table on the patio which overlooks the mall and I recommend giving that a try, its a great view.
I was impressed with the variety on the menu and the friendly service from the hostess and the server.
They also offered trivia in the bar every Wed. night.
Its not fine dining but it exceeded my expectations for ‘bar’ fare.
I’ll be going back to check out their Sunday brunch in a couple weeks. Great food and environment for a moderate price.

Oriental Burger

I chose to substitute the turkey burger and it was delicious. The wasabi mayo is super flavorful and really made the burger different and yummy.

Italian American (New) Contemporary

Bar Louie  Restaurant Reviews

Bar Louie is located near the cities of River Hills, Fox Point, Whitefish Bay, and Brown Deer.
People found this by searching for: Bar Louie Bayshore Mall, Bar Louie Menu Bayshore, Bar Louie Bayshore, Bar Louie Milwaukee, Bar Louie Dallas, Bar Louie Bayshore Menu, Bar Louie Milwaukee Menu, Bar Louie Milwaukee Wisconsin, and Bar Louie Drink Menu.