62-30 Woodhaven Blvd
Rego Park, NY 11374

Barosa

Neighborhoods: Middle Village
Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Barosa is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Expensive, food not fresh,."
"Everything was delicious !"
  • 8/24/2014

An Italian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Expensive, food not fresh,.
  • 1/29/2014

An Italian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Everything was delicious !
    Pasta-mushroom-300x199

coratolomc photo

coratolomc

Hartsdale, NY

Barosa in Glendale NY - THE BEST

I consider myself a “Foodie” as well as a “wine snob” although I do enjoy wines in the $25 range when they are surprisingly good! So, it’s not the cost – but the product that does it for me.
With that said, after dining at some of the worlds finest restaurants, I am always AMAZED at Barosa where you don’t have to sell the farm for an incredible meal.
Last night, I hosted a celebratory dinner with 5 hungry family members (a guy’s night out to celebrate my brother in law’s 50th Birthday).
After a few cocktails, we started with the Veal Spedines, Calamari in spicy sauce with cherry peppers, clams oregenata, stuffed mushrooms – and that’s where the fresh made rolls come in handy, we had a Lip Smacing scungilli in a red sauce served in a freshly baked bread basket – that was perhaps THE most amazing, tasty dish I have EVER had in my life. Nicky recommended that dish and what a surprise that dish was. We were all amazed at that one. A real winner. This is one dish that will make us all come back for more in the very near future! I had dreams of that scungilli the next night – that’s how good it was…
With our appetizers, we started with the Barbaresco, followed by the Jordan Cab – each of us served 1/2 order linguini white clam sauce (which my mother would have been proud of), 1/2 order of the best carbonara any of us have ever had in my life… perfectly cooked, and if you can believe – magically light as a feather. How is that possible? Only at Barosa… that’s all I could think to myself as we ate every bite of our second course. More rolls please – to sop up the juice from the linguini clams – dry dishes all around!
Then came out the Stage Leap Artemis Cabernet! Holy Crap – doesn’t get any better than that. Main course, chicken scarpiarello with sausage, potatoes cooked to perfection, juicy, flavorful, delicious. Beautiful Shrimp Francese – light as a feather, perfectly cooked. Side of Broccoli di rape (a must have). Veal Sorrentino with a delicate, tasty, light brown sauce that was amazing. As full as we thought we were… after hearing the initial complaints upon my Uncle Ray’s arrival – telling me he doesn’t eat as much as he used to… ha ha ha… he was the one that actually asked for more rolls… and took home what very little left-overs and even 3 of the rolls! And this is a man who can cook! A real “critic” of food – and he was smiling the whole time… and I was happy to say – Uncle Ray – I TOLD YOU… you were in for a Treat.
Deserts, cappuccino, ice cold lemoncello, sambuka in our espresso, and one snob cousin who had Port… what a party that was. I am proud to bring my family, friends, and clients to Barosa not just for the incredible food, but for the way you are treated from the minute you walk into the door – until the minute you leave. The Queen of England doesn’t get this kind of attention. Hats off to Barosa. Joey, Nicky – you are the best. Keep up the great work!
Writing this was pleasurable and warranted – but made me hungry! See you guys soon! Respectfully, Michael Coratolo & Family

Carbonara

The lightest and most flavorful Spaghetti Carbonara I have ever had. Veal Spedini are tender and delicious. Scungili in a red sauce made in a fresh baked bread bowl – outrageous. Meatballs, braciole, chicken scarpariello, every dish one better than the next. I always do family style because I need to taste every dish – one better than the other. Amazed every time I go there – as the specials never cease to amaze me.

Italian Parking Catering
Woodhaven House

American in Forest Hills

Mr. Tong's

Chinese in Forest Hills

Sajni 026

Catering in Forest Hills

Barosa  Restaurant Reviews

Barosa is located near the cities of Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Kew Gardens Hills, Corona, and Elmhurst.
People found this by searching for: Barosa Middle Village Menu, Barossa Middle Village, Barosa Woodhaven Blvd, Barosa Take Out Menu, Barosa, Barosa Woodhaven Blvd Menu, Barosa Restaurant Menu, and Barosa Middle Village.