1420 12th Ave

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

Darn great beans!

Decided to check this place out on a Friday around 6PM. It was a nice day, so many folks were in the front patio area and at the tables next to the windows. We made do with a table closer to the kitchen.

First up, the guacamole. Wonderful flavor, nice little bits of chunk in there, yet creamy. However, with three of us we needed two orders of guac and at $8 a pop that’s not cheap. Next, we tried the Ahi Tuna Crudo (avocado, orange, tamarind and sesame seeds with plantain chips). Good, but nothing about the dish really called out to the taste buds. I enjoyed the plantain chips plain, though. With all the clean, fresh ingredients in this dish I expected more flavor to shine through.

My main course was the Wild King Salmon tacos (pineapple-cucumber salsa, crema and cilantro). Three small corn tortillas were the base for the nicely cooked salmon, plus cabbage, salsa and crema. The sweet of the pineapple complemented the savory of the salmon perfectly. And the portion was great – there were three tacos but they weren’t huge. The surprise of the evening came from the side-dish of Frijoles Charros (bacon, onion and chorizo). Generally, I will ignore any beans (I tend to overlook the beans and rice normally served as sides) and focus on the main course. However, I took a bite of the frijoles out of curiosity and darned if I didn’t completely polish them off! They had a savory, smoky flavor that was sublime.

As an aside, I am a sangria snob as I have a friend who makes an amazing sangria. Barrio’s sangria didn’t pass my benchmark and was just okay.

Mexican Parking Breakfast

Barrio  Restaurant Reviews

Barrio is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Barrio Seattle, Barros 12th Avenue, Barrio Seattle Restaurant, Barrio Seattle Menu, Barrio Menu Seattle, Barro Mexican Cuisine Seattle, Barro Mexican Restaurant Seattle, Mexican Restraurants On 12th Ave In Seattle And Pike, and Barrio Restaurant Menu Seattle.