Basta Pasta

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Basta Pasta is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Eggplant parmigiana "
"friendly staff, good food"
Cons
"I agree with review from PandaLHU. I would like more time between salad&appetizer and did feel hovering by bus personnel. Waiters were very nice."
"since I am Italian hard to find Italian food to please me"
Comments
"I recently had an excellent rockfish at the Fallston restaurant. Wish I knew if the chef at this restaurant would be as good with seafood ."
"No"
PandaLHU photo

PandaLHU

Baltimore, MD

A visit to the new Basta Pasta of Timonium

Basta Pasta of Fallston has just recently opened a new location in the old Steak & Ale restaurant in Timonium. After hearing good things about the original location I thought I would check the new place out.

When you walk in you are greeted with the familiar look of the old Steak & Ale with a facelift of new paint, flooring and granite. The main color of the walls reminded me of the spice dry ground mustard and accented in a light rust color- the feel of Tuscany. It kept the seven separate dining areas and a lot of wood the old Steak & Ale boasted but it isn’t as dark and dim inside. The bar has a modern vibe with the bottles displayed on a multi-color changing island.

The menu offers a variety of Italian and seafood dishes from appetizers, pizza, pasta, veal, chicken, shrimp and scallops. It also offers daily soup and entrées.

We started with the Fried Zucchini ($6.95) – fresh hand breaded zucchini served with its marinara sauce. I was glad to find out that the zucchini was nicely cooked and not mushy. The marinara perfectly seasoned and had a slight sweetness to it.

Salad and homemade breadsticks are served with all entrées. The salad is served in a large bowl similar to what you find at Olive Garden. The breadsticks were warm and soft with a nice buttery garlic flavor to them.

For dinner I had the Chicken Saltimboca ($18.95) – chicken breast sautéed in a lemon wine sauce topped with prosciutto ham, melted mozzarella cheese, on a bed of spinach and served with pasta with marinara sauce. The chicken was moist and the sauce was had a nice consistency and lots of flavor.

My Husband had the Chicken Parmigiana ($15.95)- boneless chicken breast, breaded, sautéed and baked with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and served with pasta with marinara sauce. The chicken was moist and smothered in the tasty marinara served with the fried zucchini.

The service staff was friendly and willing to offer their opinions. We arrived around 4:30 for an early dinner but by the time we left the tables were getting pretty full.

The only downfalls I found where that the time between getting our salad and breadsticks and main entrées was quick- we weren’t done eating salad when our dinners were served. The second was that I felt as thought the bus boys were hovering (almost as if they were lost) and always walking by which made me feel watched. Neither will stop us from coming back in the near future.

Fried Zucchini

Chicken Saltimboca

Chicken Parmigiana

Italian Parking Catering
Sun 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Basta Pasta  Restaurant Reviews

• 10/29/2016 A diner from US tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 3/20/2016 A diner from Lutherville Timonium, MD tried it.

• 1/09/2016 A diner from Middle River, MD tried it.

• 1/06/2016 A diner from Lutherville Timonium, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
    Comments
  • 12/25/2015 A diner from Cockeysville, MD tried it and liked it.

• 12/06/2015 A diner from Owings Mills, MD tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 8/03/2015 A diner from Parkton, MD tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 4/19/2015 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/18/2015 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 1/24/2015 A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

Basta Pasta is located near the cities of Lutherville Timonium, Timonium, Lutherville, Riderwood, and Brooklandville.
People found this by searching for: Basta Pasta Timonium, Basta Pasta, Basta Pasta Timonium Md, Basta+Pasta+Timonium+Md, Basta Pasta Restaurant Timonium Md, Basta Pasta Menu, Basta Pasta Timonium Menu, and Basta Pasta Restaurant.