5307 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107

Bastille Cafe & Bar

Neighborhoods: Adams
Cuisine: French, Cafe, European

Bastille Cafe & Bar is a French, Cafe, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Outstanding lamb burger!

Bastille gets an “OK, but not great” in my book.

I should start by saying that both the bartender and our server were stellar. Great, spot-on helpful but not in-your-face, we were very happy with the service at Bastille. The atmosphere reminded us a little of Balthazar in NYC – we really enjoyed the overall feel of the place.

We were taking advantage of the great weather that Seattle was having (until today when it started drizzling again..) and sat outside for our weekly Friday dinner. We had a reservation but since outdoor seating is rather limited, we ended up at the bar first. I tried La Muse (Vodka, Grapefruit & Cassis with a splash of Crémant, served on the rocks) and it was SO GOOD. This coming from someone who isn’t generally wowed by drinks. Seriously, I could have had many more of those, it was yummy.

Once seated, we started with roasted beets and arugula (pistachios, chevre croûte & red wine vinaigrette). Very nice dish, as expected but nothing about it stood out. Next, we split the grilled lamb burger (Lavash sesame bun, harissa aïoli, arugula, pickled shallot, & frites) and the poisson du jour (seared tuna). Both were good but the lamb burger was the star of the show, and of the evening. The harissa aioli paired perfectly with the lamb and the buttery-good bun. The tuna was also good, but again nothing about it stood out.

I am guessing that perhaps it was my high expectations, but I was sorely underwhelmed with our peanut butter ice cream dessert. The peanut butter taste was very faint, and the crunchy bits honestly tasted like something out of a 50’s PTA cookbook (“combine the oleo with the artificial-flavor peanut butter chips and then stir in the 2 cups corn flakes cereal, spread on a cookie sheet until cool, then break into pieces and enjoy”…). The crunchy bits left a greasy coating on the tongue and added to the overall “this is a Sandra Lee special shortcut dessert” feel.

I don’t know if I’d be back for another dinner at Bastille, but you’ll probably find me there for drinks in the bar after work. Next I’d like to try the duck confit salad!

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

cute french style cafe

I came here for mother’s day – I’d been reading about all the good things about Bastille and the numerous awards it’s won recently. Well, I wasn’t disappointed. Our service was great, the waitress was attentive. The menu wasn’t huge but there was a nice variety of items and I had a hard time deciding which one to order. We were here for brunch so I’ll need to come back for dinner sometime, but the brunch was excellent. We all enjoyed our dishes and the atmosphere and setting of the restaurant was really nice – outside the door the Sunday Farmer’s market was happening so it was quite lively. All the food was delicious and used very fresh ingredients.

I’ll be back for dinner!

Omlette Provencale

easily one of the best omlette’s i’ve had – light and fluffy and the shrimp, tomatoes and chevre go excellent together

Lavendar French Toast

Excelllent, flavorful with the lavendar. The toast was really fluffy.

Lamb Burger

Probably the best lamb burger i’ve had – herbs mixed in the meat made it tasty. Not too heavy or greasy and very meaty.

French Cafe European
AngieEva

0 useful

Cxi0fk-p8r4ktmeje4bmuj
justin

Chicago, IL

Bastille Cafe & Bar  Restaurant Reviews

Bastille Cafe & Bar is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: French Restaurants In Ballard Wa, Casual Restaurant, Ballard, Wa, French, French Restaurant Ballard, Bastille Cafe & Bar Mothers Day, Ballard French Restaurant, Rooftop Dining Restaurant On Capitol Hill In Seattle, Intitle:'Bastille Caf & Bar' 5307 Ballard Ave Nw, Seattle Wa, and French Looking Cafes.