1310 Rue Ste-Catherine E
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2L 2H5

Bato Thai

(Between Rue de la Visitation and Rue Panet)

Neighborhoods: Ville-Marie
Cuisine: Thai, Asian

Bato Thai is a Thai and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

CheapEthnicEatz photo

CheapEthnicEatz

Great calamari

A couple of weeks back the Cheap Ethnic Eatz group went out for a great Thai dinner at Bato Thai, located in the gay village. Last Time I went to this place was about 4 years ago for lunch. My memory had served me well as I was just as delighted as the first time I had gone. And from the comments I got everyone agreed. It was really a delicious dinner.

The selection on the menu was truly remarkable, particularly the calamari section. And for dessert I was offered one of the specialties…fried ice cream…yummy.

calamari

There was about 10 different calamari plates to choose from…and none the usual fried rings we are so accustomed too. So this is what I went with. And it was great, no rubbery at all, actually more like butter.

AnimaBlue photo

AnimaBlue

Best Meal I had By Mistake

Bato Thai is a simply beautiful locale, located in the heart of the Gay Village, within easy walking distance of Beaudry Metro.

The photographer eye in me was in 7th heaven with the beautifully-rich decor in warm reds and golds all over the restaurant. Please see the photos I took in the photo section.

I joined a good-sized group for some fun & tasty Thai food.

My meal was very hot and full of an array of flavours.

The only thing was I realized half-way through it my meal had gotten mixed up with someone else´s!

How could I forget what I had ordered?

Well my mouth was so busy savoring every tender morsel of my meal which was chicken. But I had ordered the squid. I was so lost in enjoying my food that I just forgot what I ordered!

The server was nice & offered to fix it for me, but I said no. And finished off my tasty mistake. :)

chicken.

Well my mouth was so busy savoring every tender of my meal which was chicken. But I had ordered the squid. I was so lost in enjoying my food that I just forgot what I ordered!

The server was nice & offered to fix it for me, but I said no. And finished of my tasty mistake. :)

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

subjective spiciness

This was my second visit, I had been to this place a couple of years ago, and returned for supper. The dining room stretches back and is dominated by a boat-shaped “bar” — it’s hard to call the structure a bar when the establishment does not have a full liquor license.

The menu boasted quite a variety of dishes, and after much humming and hawing, I went with the table d’hote. My meal included an imperial roll, dessert, and tea or coffee.

I asked if my meal would be spicy, and the waitress replied “no not very”. That was ok. I found the food flavorful, but not spicy at all. Others who ordered the same dish had different reactions. One called it “tangy”, another said it burned her mouth off. So that’s where all the heat went…

Service started off well, but then got slow and sloppy. We were told that the advertised dessert (fried ice cream) was not available, so we ordered various fried fruits (banana, pineapple, or apple). After all the dessert orders were placed, suddenly two fried ice creams magically became available. I never got my tea, and repeated requests for a refill on the cold water were ignored. Dinner took nearly 3 hours from arrival to departure — quite slow for a room only half full with some diners braving it outside.

Also don’t wait for the waitress to bring you a bill. When you are done, go to the bar for payment.

chicken with peanut sauce

The plate is half crispy spinach (with the stems left in) and the other half is shreds of chicken and chunks of mushroom, with a thin peanut sauce. There wasn’t as much chicken as I expected. The peanut flavor was strong and pleasant, but it was not very spicy.

7/13/2019

A Chinese food lover from Gatineau, QC tried Kam Shing Chinese Restaurant in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

6/25/2019

A Pizza food lover from Gretna, LA tried Riverview Restaurant Pizzeria in Verdun.

5/30/2019

A diner from Victoria, BC tried Chao Phraya in Le Plateau-Mont-Royal.

5/25/2019

A dining patron from Terrebonne, QC tried Restaurant Lo Stivale D'Oro in Ville-Marie.

5/23/2019

A diner from Montréal, QC tried St. Pius X Culinary Institute in Ahuntsic-Cartierville and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/13/2019

A diner from Trois-rivières, QC tried Restaurant Kim Foo in Peter-McGill.

4/09/2019

A diner from Lasalle, QC tried Restaurant Trattoria Trestevere in Peter-McGill.

2/28/2019

A diner from Toronto, ON tried Restaurant El Parador in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/08/2019

A chowhound from CA tried Pendeli's Pizza in Hampstead.

12/31/2018

A dining patron from South Weymouth, MA tried China Plaza Restaurant.

Thai Asian Terrasse
Bocxgmnz0r3pvpaby-ekyc
CheapEthnicEatz

Bato Thai  Restaurant Reviews

Bato Thai is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Bato Thai Montreal, Bato Thai Menu, Bato Thai, Bateau Thai Blainville Menu, Bato Thai Blainville Menu, Menu Bato Thai, Menu Bato Thai Blainville, and Bato Thai Montreal Menu.