1517 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401-2776

Bay Cities Italian Deli

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Sandwiches, Deli, Catering

Bay Cities Italian Deli is a Sandwiches, Deli, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 6/15/2019

A Sandwiches food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

ThirstyPig photo

ThirstyPig

Try the sandwiches without the bread . . .

Unfortunately, I am giving Bay Cities Deli a big zero Pig rating for their sandwiches. A big 0! I won’t feel bad either. Maybe the people of Santa Monica never had a good sandwich. If you want a solid sandwich, I’d go to Langer’s in DTLA or Ike’s in San Francisco. But this place, Bay Cities, a big Z-E-R-O.

Why? Its their bread. Their bread is tough to bite into. You have to pull the sandwich from a tight grip with your teeth. Then you chop on the hard crust, only to rip the roof of your mouth. Then you continue to break down the bread till your jaws get sore. Its not a fun experience. Sandwiches are all about the wrapping – the bread. I had the standard Italian roll, as most everyone does.

With this mouth ripping bread experience, I am not sure why so many people are willing to wait, up to 1/2 hour to get their sandwiches. Then we had to wait another 15 minutes in line to pay for them. On top of that, the parking situation was horrible. Thanks goodness, the turnover rate is high, with people coming in and out.

I guess I will mention the sandwiches that we had. We had their famous Godmother with Genoa Salami, Mortadella Coppacola, Ham, Prosciutto, and Provolone, which had a decent flavor with the different deli meats. I did like the combination of the meats. I also had to try the Hot Pastrami, as I had to – to compare with Langer’s and Katz. Unfortunately, the bread just made me want to cry with this one. I figure I have to mention my friend also had the Veggie Only – with Avocado Spread, Cucumber Slices, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Olives, Onions, Oil & Vinegar. Hmm. . .avocado spread sounds interesting.

Anyways. . .I would stay away with Bay Cities. And I hope you do the same.

Godmother

This sandwich would have been so much better with a different bread. The bread was hard and tough to chew.

LAFoodGod photo

LAFoodGod

Still the Sandwich King

Living in LA and not knowing about Bay Cities is like living in Afghanistan and not knowing about the Taliban.

Supposedly Bay Cities has been doin’ the damn thing since 1925 and maybe that’s just how long it’s taken to perfect the LA’s Greatest Sandwich.

If you’ve been to Bay Cities you know it’s busy, it’s always busy. It’s busy before lunch, it’s insanely busy at lunch. Sometimes over an hour wait. It’s busy between lunch and dinner and if they were open past 7pm it would be busy for dinner. If you’re smart you know to…

Read more at www.LAFoodGod.com

Best sandwich I’ve ever had. Read my review

justin photo

justin

Great sandwiches, long wait

If you’re going for the Godmother, get the pre-made ones. Otherwise go for a host sandwich and bypass the line for the cold sandwiches. Parking generally sucks, but if you wait, there’s pretty high turnover in the lot.

Godmother

Great combination of meat. Bread is a bit tough for my teeth.

Hot Pastrami or Corned Beef

The pastrami was delicious. Be warned, it’s messy!

stevekang7 photo

Sandwiches Deli Dinner
Tue-Sat 09:00AM - 07:00PM
Sun 10:00AM - 06:00PM

Bay Cities Italian Deli  Restaurant Reviews

Bay Cities Italian Deli is located near the cities of Sawtelle, Venezia, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: Bay Cities Menu, Bay Cities Deli, Bay Cities Deli Menu Santa Monica, Bay City Italan Del In Santa Moncia, Bay Cities Deli Menu, Bay Cities Deli Santa Monica Menu, Bay Cities Italian Deli Menu, and Bay Cities Deli 90401 Menu.