4552 Rue St-Denis
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2J 2L3

Bayou Brazil

(Between Avenue du Mont-Royal E and Rue de Bienville)

Neighborhoods: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Cuisine: Brazilian, Cajun

Bayou Brazil is a Brazilian and Cajun restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

AnimaBlue photo

AnimaBlue

Viva Brazil!

Bayou Brazil is my favorite Brazilian resto in town.

If you’re very daring…try the Alligator!
Quite an original taste (no it does not taste like chicken). Kind of a gamey texture to it & is served in a very savoury sauce.

I am also a big fan of their Jambalaya:
a tasty mix of seafood, rice, chicken, sausage, and yummy veggies.

Lots of food…the courses seem to keep coming.

Great service in the resto, as well. The waiters are always coming around to fill your water glasses and see if you need anything else. A nice family-run resto, with lots of green plants hanging overhead and soft bossanova music playing through-out.

CheapEthnicEatz photo

CheapEthnicEatz

Ups and downs

So last Feb 5th we closed of the Carnival, or Mardi Gras, at a Brazilian restaurant on St-Denis called Bayou Brazil. I have 3 things to say about this evening and I will order them from best to worse:

1. There were 2 musicians performing that evening and they were fantabulous. A Brazilian member said they chose a selection of old songs from the 60s…but what do we care we understood nothing and we loved the entertainment.

2. Food was good. Not excellent, not bad, just good. It did not live quite up to my expectations. What was excellent was my dessert, a coconut cream mousse, and the caipirinhas…they were kick-ass!

3. The service, ie the waitress. Would it kill her to crack a smile? We were the only people in the restaurant, 16 of us, no one else. She made zero effort to make us feel welcome or be friendly.

No I know this place came highly recommended a few times by some members, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the food. I would suggest heading for La Senzala instead. Sorry.

Next dinner is my assistant’s debut…Agustin…the first of many successful events I am sure.

alligator

Although I did have alligator finally (no it does not taste like chicken). The meat part was good but it was accompanied by band rice and beans, albeit traditional, they were tasteless.

coconut cream mousse

AMAZING

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

YAY for tilapia

Well since I was with Evelyne I can’t add much to the description she wrote. But I did want to add one delightful dish below.

also one thing that surprised me: On the day before Ash Wednesday there was not one shred of decoration or celebratory note towards Mardi Gras. yeah I see you raising your eyebrow!

tilapia

Thanks to this restaurant I am now a huge fan of tilapia fish. It was served in cocnut sauce with green peppers and rice, it just melted in my mouth. every bite was heavenly. This came with a table d’hote of escargots appetizers, salad, and passion fruit mousse for dessert.

9/19/2020

A diner from Montréal, QC tried McGill Pizzeria in Jeanne-Mance, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

8/26/2020

A diner from Montréal, QC tried Café Cabrini in Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie.

8/10/2020

A French food lover from Akron, OH tried The Beaver Club in Ville-Marie, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Most attentive service we have ever received anywhere!
8/05/2020

A Coffee food lover from Montréal, QC tried Café Cabrini in Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie.

8/03/2020

A diner from Montréal, QC tried Restaurant St-Aubin in Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie.

4/26/2020

A Chinese chowhound from Brossard, QC tried Restaurant Delicieux in Côte-Des-Neiges.

4/07/2020

A diner from Montréal, QC tried Pendeli's Pizza in Hampstead, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food is very good.
2/16/2020

A Coffee chowhound from Québec, QC tried Café Cabrini in Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

2/10/2020

A dining patron from Laval, QC tried Carveli Restaurant Inc in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/28/2020

A diner from CA tried St. Pius X Culinary Institute in Ahuntsic-Cartierville and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Brazilian Cajun Plateau
Sun-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Dg_w7emrkr3ru-aby-dz5h
AnimaBlue

Bidqhipaar3py-aby-e0eb
rwarren69

Bayou Brazil  Restaurant Reviews

Bayou Brazil is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Bayou Brazil Montreal, Bayou Brasil Review, Bayou..Brazil.Mix.Song, Bayou Brazil, Bayou Brasil Restaurant, Bayou Brasil, and Bayou Brasil Menu.