10071 Bearspaw Dam Rd NW
Calgary, AB

Bears Den Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Ribs, Fine Dining

Bears Den Restaurant is a Ribs and Fine Dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

YouAintTheHost photo

YouAintTheHost

Calgary, AB

Service, Price and Ambience do not make up for meal

I am by no means a food critic or aficionado, but I have dined in many restaurants in Calgary; throughout the country, and around the world. Bear’s Den is a “fine dining” restaurant. If you are looking for an ambiance that will impress your date or family, this is the place to go. However, if you are looking for tasty food you better aim your arrow else where. I am unsure if anyone that has ordered the surf and turf would ever order it again. The Rock Lobster was beyond bland to the point of being bitter. The scallop was done ok as well as the shrimp; the spicing on my appetizer and meal was done so subtly that it almost tasted like an orange kool aid reduction with no sugar added. This is especially disconcerting considering I ordered a sauce with my meal that was called “five pepper”. I have no complaints about the steak. The filet was large, and done to perfection. Sad as it is to say, the amuse bouche was the highlight of the meal. This is one restaurant I will not be attending again.

Filet Mignon and Surf and Turf

Scallop style potatoes were good. Brocollini was good. 1 Scallop was good. 1 Shrimp was good. Filet was large, and done the way I asked. Five Pepper sauce was so subtle it was atrocious. Rock Lobster was mushy, and extremely bitter.

Shrimp Creole

Needed Garlic.

Ribs Fine Dining Bearspaw

Bears Den Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Bearspaw Dam Restaurant, Bearspaw Dam Rest Calgary, Bears Den Calgary, Bears Den Menu In Calgary Canada, Bears Den Bearspaw Reviews, Reviews Of Bears Den Calgary, Bearspaw Dam Restorant, Bears Den Calgary Reviews, and Bearspaw Dam Road.