Beckett's Restaurant

Cuisine: Chicken, Ribs, Barbecue

Beckett's Restaurant is a Chicken, Ribs, and Barbecue restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"I liked the chicken and fries and when they said salad comes with it I was ok but the salad was potato salad and my son doesn't like that and I thought a roll came with it but we didn't get any "
"R"
"Have been going here for 8 years"
"Loved everything his chicken amazing that is real soul food :)"
"Great food Beckett and Kevin are the best"
"Friendly always look closed, but if hungry better call first or the wait will kill you. The fries are good ...side dishes are thumbs down sorry to say"
"Hot and fresh!"
"The pros is of course the food. Which is excellent and the staff are cool. The cons is the place isn't much too look at don't get me wrong it's not dirty but it doesn't scream for attention but if you happen to wander inside and get someth"
"Amazing Food for the money. "
Cons
"Nothing good service all the time i go in "
"Side dishes"
"Like I said not much too look at but the food is great. Very good!!"
Comments
"Only if thay would deliver :)"
"Keep up the good work."
  • 12/07/2017

A Chicken food lover from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 6/19/2017

A diner from Reading, PA tried it.

• 5/26/2017

A Chicken food lover from Reading, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 4/27/2017

A dining patron from Upper Darby, PA tried it.

• 10/01/2016

A diner from Reading, PA tried it.

• 6/04/2016

A Chicken food lover from Blandon, PA tried it.

• 2/28/2016

A Chicken food lover from Reading, PA tried it.

• 11/06/2015

A Chicken food lover from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 5/06/2015

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/05/2015

A Chicken chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it.

DanKelly photo

DanKelly

Reading, PA

Beckett's Soul Food, Reading, PA

I must admit that I have never had so much good food from such a modest city street corner establishment. John Beckett, who oversees all the cooking when he’s not doing it himself, takes pride in his product. He’s been there for 30 years across from the Police Athletic League of Reading. All the cops who get assigned to the PAL end up putting on 20 pounds from eating at Beckett’s. I rest my case. Call and get some takeout food because there’s no seating.

fried chicken

The thing that surprised me most was that the fried chicken didn’t leave me with greasy fingers. The chicken was crisp outside and moist inside.

joynlife photo

joynlife

Reading, PA

Great Fried Chicken!

Beckett’s is a must for those of you who love delicious soul food and great fried chicken! Stop in or call to put in your order. Give them a day or two if you are making a large order.
A real good restaurant with real good people cooking some amazing food!
Go ahead and try it!

Fried chicken Chicken Ribs

Beckett's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Beckett's Restaurant is located near the cities of West Reading, Mount Penn, Wyomissing, Mt Penn, and Wyomissing Hills.
People found this by searching for: Beckett's Chicken, Becketts Reading Pa, Becketts Chicken Reading Pa, Beckets Chicken Reading Pa, Beckets Reading Pa Menu, Beckett's, Reading Pa, Becketts Soul Food, and Becketts Chicken.