1320 N Peachtree Rd
Mesquite, TX 75149-1300

Bennigan's

Cuisine: American, Private Parties, Grill

Bennigan's is a American, Private Parties, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid less than $10.

IncognitoCritic photo

IncognitoCritic

Mesquite, TX

Bennigan's BITES Back

Bennigan’s (By AMC-30 off of 635 & Gross)

I did not want to write this review because it is a large chain restaurant; however, my husband was very persistent on me doing this. For that reason, here is a short review of our horrible Valentine’s Day thanks to our not so good friends at Bennigan’s…

First, we went to Texas Roadhouse for our special Valentine’s Day supper. It was a two hour wait… we decided to go elsewhere; so we drove the 1/8 of a mile down the road and went to Bennigan’s.

Big Mistake.

Actually walking in via the revolving door was fun. Being seated was quick – no wait. We now see why we so quickly got seated at our table. The establishment is NOT one for a special day such as Valentine’s Day. Everybody else was at the Texas Roadhouse. I am sure they all waited – as we should have too!

We sat down, and waited.
We waited.
We waited some more.

Then, two wait staff stood directly by our table asking each other if another waiter was going to “get” us. This had been 20 minutes since we sat down. An additional 15 minutes later, somebody finally came and asked us what we wanted to drink. Yes, you did the math right. It took 35 minutes before they even asked us what we wanted to drink. Fortunately, for my daughter and me we wanted a simple soda from the soda machine. Unfortunately, for my son and my husband, they both ordered something that came from the bar. (They ordered a rootbeer and a sour apple soda…) It took an additional 10 minutes for the two guys in my life to get their drinks. Forty-five minutes for a drink. Unbelievable.

Soon after the “difficult” drinks arrived, our food got there. The food was good! Thank goodness it was good or I think my husband would have taken somebody’s head off.

I have to touch on the “feel” of the restaurant. It was off. You know when you walk into a place and get your bearings only to look around and realize that you are so glad you don’t have to work there? That was this place. The wait staff was not happy, the smiles were fake when they did make it to our table, and the manager was like a cousin of Dwight from “The Office”. (If you don’t watch that show, think of a nervous guy with control issues…) It was obvious the manager was the root of all of this turmoil. He needed an attitude adjustment.

We will never, I repeat NEVER go back to the Bennigan’s in Mesquite. The food was good, but I have to base my critique on the service.

I give it 0 out of 10 points.

For all types of reviews in and around Mesquite, TX, visit www.incognitocritic.blogspot.com

GRILLED CHICKEN CLUB SANDWICH

American Private Parties Beer Served

Bennigan's  Restaurant Reviews

Bennigan's is located near the cities of Sunnyvale and Balch Springs.
People found this by searching for: Amc 30 Mesquite Manager, Bennigans Mesquite, Bennigans Mesquite, Tx Menu, Bennigans Mesquite Texas, Jerry Bennigans Bar Tender Mesquite Tx, Bennigans In Mesquite Texas, Bennigans In Mesquite Tx, and Bennigans Mesquite Tx.