Benny's Chop House

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak, Chophouse

Benny's Chop House is a Steakhouse, Steak, and Chophouse restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 6/13/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/20/2013

A diner from Wildomar, CA tried it.

• 3/08/2013

A Steakhouse chowhound from Redlands, CA tried it and didn't like it.

wallacewells photo

wallacewells

Great

Their wine selection is rather nice. The atmosphere was great and so was my porterhouse steak. I am actually looking forward to going back there again, which is surprising in my case because I have a very sophisticated taste in food.

Porterhouse Steak

It was pretty good and cooked to perfection.

socialwebs photo

socialwebs

Love the Crab Cakes

My friend David Rozek (local Food Critic) told me to try the Crab Cakes and he was right they were Amazing. Chef Jonathan Lane makes the Best Crab Cake that I have ever had. Tender, filled with flavor and ever bite was better than the last. I can’t wait until my next visit.

Best Crab Cakes in Chicago - Crab Cakes at Benny's Chop House

Crab Cakes

Tender, filled with flavor and each bite was better than the last.

mrfoodg photo

mrfoodg

Love the Porterhouse

My Porterhouse Steak from Benny’s is one of the Best in the World. Which is hard to say in Steakhouse land aka River North, but seriously, Benny’s Prime Steaks are the Best.

Porterhouse Steak

Best Porterhouse in Chicago.

davidc5 photo

davidc5

Best Burger in Chicago: Chicago Style Burger

I once only ate burgers in the city from Kuma’s and Lock down Bar, but Benny’s Chop House has it going on. The Chicago Style Burger on the lunch menu for $9.99 is awesome. Taste better than a burger off your grille and the sausage on top with peppers is a nice touch. Just Bite and Smile!

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Calling All Carnivores..Benny Chophouse

Wanting to celebrate a special occasion, we decided on Benny in Chicago’s north side near Trump Towers. They did not disappoint us. Leather booths and dark woods set the mood with piano music and Manhattan’s were flowing.

The staff is focused on service. They have received the Zagat.Service award in 2012 to 2014..and it shows. Our waiter had a superior knowledge of the menu and cuts of meat and also the extensive wine list.

This is an expensive restaurant, great for those special occasions.

Bone-in NY Strip Steak - NY Strip Steak at Benny's Chop House

NY Strip Steak

I did not order a starter because I knew I would never finish my dinner. I heard the portions were huge and they were right.
I had the 16 oz. Steak aged and cooked to perfection, medium rare.
Perfectly seasoned.

For a side I had the white asparagus. My dining companion had the truffle fries which I tried. I thought the fries were rather bland.

I would definitely go back but the price is steep. This restaurant is a Chicago tradition and should be on all foodies to try list.

joes64 photo

joes64

A Steakhouse well done

I Love the Steaks at Benny’s Chop House. I have been there a dozen times or so and each time was better than the last. I just had the Bone-in Ribeye and it was very tender and filled with amazing flavor.

The staff is always nice and Chef Jonathan is an amazing Chef.

maddy2430 photo

maddy2430

Exceptional Restaurant Top Notch

Bennys Chop House is an Experience like no other, worth every cent.

uzumaki photo

uzumaki

awesome

I loved every single bite I took and the waitress we had, was wonderful.

Best Crab Cakes in Chicago - Crab Cakes at Benny's Chop House

Crab Cakes

BEST CRAB CAKES I’VE HAD IN A LONG TIME!

ediblecomplex photo

ediblecomplex

Disappointing

Went with another couple excited to try a new place. My wife saw a Tweet that Benny’s had razors clams so we decided to go to Benny’s instead of our usual spot, David Burke’s. We arrive and are told no razor clams. My wife pulls out her phone, shows our waitress the post. Waitress goes to ask the kitchen about it and comes back apologetic but with no explanation why it was on their Twitter page. Meal was OK, my rib-eye was outstanding but my wife’s fillet was ordered medium rare and came out medium well. Tough to swallow for a $52.99 steak. Waitress offered to take it back but our table already had our sides so the timing would not have worked. Does the rest of our table let our food get cold while we wait for the steak to come out? Waitress had no answer to that question. No offer for a dessert and nothing taken off of our check of over $400 after tax, food, wine and tip.

After our meal I Tweeted to Benny’s about our disappointment concerning the clams. A prompt response of “Sorry. We will see what happened and let you know!” was returned. That was one week ago with no additional contact from Benny’s. There are much better choices in Chicago, both for food and customer service.

dominicw photo

dominicw

Best NY Strip Steak in Chicago

Sure I like a Good Salad, but a Girl needs a little red meat some days. Last week I visited my Favorite Steak House in River North, Benny’s Chop House. Being on the road as a model – I tend to eat out a lot. When My friend Dave told me how great Benny’s Chop House is… I had to check it out for myself.

I started with Oysters Rockfeller and they were very fresh and tasty. My main course was the NY Strip Steak Bone-in and the steak was so delightful that I ate the whole thing. Much Better than any other Steak House in the City and I have been to all of them…..Benny’s Chop House won me over and the service was awesome too. Enjoyed my Strip Steak and I will be back for another.

daviddr photo

daviddr

Best Prime Sliced Tenderloin

I am no newbie to Benny’s Chop House as they are one of the Best New Hot Spots in Chicago for Lunch or Dinner, but I recently fell in Love with a Special and I had to Share it.

This time I fell in Love with the Prime Sliced Tenderloin…. I’m already a fan of the Bone-in NY Strip Steak, but every bite of this tenderloin just filled me with joy.

Chef Jonathan Lane has won my taste buds over again and thats pretty hard to do considering I eat our everyday and compare them all to my grandmothers cooking. No one can make Steaks like my Grandmother, but Benny’s is right up there.

If you have never been to Benny’s Chop House, than you need to treat yourself. I highly recommend them for lunch or dinner.

March 12, 2015

Bacon Happy Hour

Bacon Martini: need I say more?There are even bacon desserts!
December 28, 2011

Excellent Porterhouse Steak

Benny's Chop House really is a steakhouse well done. Love the Porterhouse steak. Love the staff. 5 stars are not enough.

Steakhouse Steak Best Steakhouse
bennyschophouse photo
bennyschophouse, the Owner, says:

From a well-known, well -respected Chicago restaurateur Benny Siddu comes
Benny’s Chop House, a uniquely new, uniquely-Chicago modern day chophouse.
Benny’s features the highest quality steaks, fish, seafood and chops prepared and
served in traditional styles – and with a new twist

From CityGrid:

Benny's Chop House  Restaurant Reviews

Benny's Chop House is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Benny’s Chop House, Bennys Chophouse, Benny's Chop House, Benny's Chicago, Porterhouse Steak 60618, Bennys Chop House, Benny Chop House, and Crab Cakes Dishes.