Bernie's Dining Depot

Cuisine: American

Bernie's Dining Depot is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Reservations don't seem to mean anything at this place. Waited to be seated 45 minutes to 1 hour later than the reservation time. Seems like they take friends and regular patrons over your reservation. Big disappointment."
"I just love this restaurant we have been going there 20 years.....We try to go as much as we can a month........Always order the fried whole belly clams best ever.......We had even gone to a place that was on the tv dine show in Rhode Island....WHAT A WA"
"The prime rib end cut was out of this world. Delicious. Had enough to bring home and half 2 meals. Price is right and waitress very friendly"
"great portions, kid friendly menus. My grands love this place. We visit as often as we can. They love eating in the dining car."
"everything that they have their is good."
"Prime rib at lunch (12.95 special) was excellent, along with French fries ."
"Excellent seafood Prime rib beyond imagination "
"Awesome"
"Love all the food especially anything in seafood. Bit of a wait however worth it "
"Dinner rolls and cocktails"
"Love the baked seafood platter. Enough for two meals for me which I love"
"Wonderful seafood"
Cons
"The resturaunt stinks. The decor is old and ripped and disgusting. The bathrooms are gross. The food is not very good, i mean there alot of it but its not up to the hype the people in this town say it is. I feel like only the older people like this place."
"waiting"
"Rude waitstaff long wait despite having reservations"
Comments
"Just font go here texas road house is much better."
tess11499 photo

tess11499

Belchertown, MA

what happened

Last night dinner at Bernies Dining Depot was interesting to say the least… so much for reservation ours were for 7 we sat down at 745..the poor waitress had a party of 14, beside us and a couple who also waited an hour for their table, and no help… and the food has become so/so, they still serve large pieces of great prime rib. but mine was over cooked it was med/well instead of med/rare… they need to fix a few things… Reservation, the sludge the served as chowder mine went back, remove the can veggies, and improve teamwork…

sjr1215 photo

sjr1215

Chicopee, MA

bernies restaurant Chicopee

On Friday 12/13/13, My Husband and I had reservations for 6:30pm in the dining car. We have come here since our first New Year’s Eve in 2011 to celebrate not only New Year’s Eve each year since, but my Birthday as well as I am a long time customer since the late 1980’s. It was special to us as we had our 1st New Year’s Eve date here and now that we are married, our first New Year’s Eve as a married couple would have been here too. However, our experience this night was such a terrible one we will be going elsewhere.

On this visit we were celebrating my 55th birthday. As usual, your establishment was very busy in the dining car at that time, not so much in the front area though. We were seated rather abruptly with the menus thrown on the table and the hostess saying over her shoulder “one couple here” as she continued to walk away, and the waitress (who was very professional and pleasant) came to take our drink orders pretty quickly. We did have to wait over 10 mins for her to come back to take our meal order. I ordered the French meat pie, with green beans, mashed potatoes & gravy as well as the Clam Chowder. My Husband ordered the Chopped steak (Med Well) with French fries, Cole slaw and the house salad with French dressing. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and requested rolls.

The chowder and salad came out pretty quickly; the appetizer came about 10 mins later and 20-25 mins later the entrées came out.

Issue 1. The couple seated across from us in a 4 person booth that came in after us was served their entrée before ours was served. This could be because they ordered the prime rib. The waitress was very attentive to them.

Issue 2. The waitress did not come back to us after the entrée was served ask how things were. But instead, continued to stop at the table across from us to attend to them. However, she did clear the table of unused dishes but did not engage in conversation or ask if we needed anything.

Issue 3. The chowder was spilled into the saucer; it was under seasoned and had a congealed film on the top. I ate it, because I was hungry.

Issue 4. The meat pie was heated in the microwave, the pie crust was doughy, undercooked and the filling was cold. The green beans were canned and Luke-warm. The mashed potatoes had no flavor and were not seasoned with either salt or pepper. I ate the beans and most of the potatoes as I was really hungry.

Issue 5. The chopped steak was well done at the edges rare and bloody in the middle. The Cole slaw was bland; my husband ate the edges of the steak but left the middle. He finished off the fries but left the Cole Slaw.

Issue 6. When the waitress finally acknowledged us and came to ask if we wanted to box up the left overs, I told her about the meat pie and steak. She told me that I should have informed her sooner about them and did I want something else. I did not inform her of any other issues as she was already on the defensive, seemed harried and it was getting busier, so I just asked for the check.

I have never had such horrible food and service from your establishment. I don’t know if it was just that night or if there has been a change since last December, but I am horribly disappointed despite having the meat pie taken off the bill. I did tip over 20% in cash because the waitress did not prepare the food, she just served it, it was busy and I have been a waitress and had to live off those wages. My husband however did not agree with my tip. We will not be back. We will find a new restaurant to use when celebrating our special moments. It is a shame too, as at least I have been a long time customer.

I just wanted you to be aware of my discontent and the poor quality of the food I experienced.

french meat pie

June 2, 2014

Bernies going downhill fast

Bernies used to be a great place to go, decent prices, large portions, good food, but that is changing. My last two trips there I have to say were pretty terrible. The service was strange, really, couldn't figure out what was going on. …
June 2, 2014

American Good For Kids

Bernie's Dining Depot  Restaurant Reviews

• 6/24/2016 A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 6/12/2016 A diner from Allston, MA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 6/03/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 5/08/2016 A diner from Longmeadow, MA tried it.

• 5/01/2016 A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 4/30/2016 A diner from Tolland, CT tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 4/23/2016 A diner from Westwood, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
  • 3/17/2016 A diner from Enfield, CT tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 3/12/2016 A diner from Chicopee, MA tried it.

• 2/11/2016 A diner from Springfield, MA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Bernie's Dining Depot is located near the cities of North End and West Springfield.
People found this by searching for: Bernies Chicopee, Bernies Dining Depot Prices, Bernies Dining Depot Menu, Bernie's Dining Depot Chicopee, Ma, Bernie's Restaurant Chicopee Ma Menu, Bernie's Dining Depot Chicopee Ma Menu, Bernie's Dining Depot Menu, Bernie's Dining Depot, and Bernies Depot Menu.