Neighborhoods: Hollywood
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Fine Dining, Fusion

Beso is a Steakhouse, Fine Dining, and Fusion restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

SpicyVegan photo

Lancaster, CA

Besos for Beso

When we arrived at Beso it was just past 10:30 and the kitchen was supposed to close down. We asked the Maiterdee about a light dinner and he immediately went to ask the chef. She (not Todd English) came out and discussed our options. She was extremely accommodating and our food was prepared and served promptly. She even made cocktail recommendations. The bartenders were also really great. (Not bad to look at either)

The decor of the establishment is modern and chic. Beautiful crystal light fixtures hang from the roof and create an elongating illusion. We also spotted Playmate of the Year 08 and her popular male realty tv star boyfriend at the bar.

We were both made a roasted corn and arugala salad. (Not on the menu) The salads were garnished with red and yellow tomatoes and plated with smears of an avocado creme and a jalapeno aioli. Very tasty.

We also ordered a flatbread and the chef offered to make us one to suit both our tastes. Ours was 1/2 margherita and 1/2 sweet potato and black bean. Delicious. The combination of sweet potatoes in anything slightly Mexican is delectable.

My “date” ordered the blackberry vodka collins and I asked for the bartender’s special which was a refreshing vodka citrus libation with grapes. Strong but delish. Her drink was also really good.

I look forward to dining there again during normal restaurant hours.

The staff and service was impeccable. We had a great late night dinner and pre-club drinks. Amazing restaurant all around!

CleverGrrl photo

Beso.... don't Beso me, mucho!

Had I paid for my meal, rather than my boyfriend, I might have reviewed Beso differently. As it was, a free meal means particular goodwill towards any restaurant!

Here’s what I have to say about Beso: The waitstaff was friendly….. the food was brought out quickly and presented nicely….. the decor was lovely, if a bit on the tacky, Vegas side…… and the only flaw in otherwise excellent service was that so many small plates came out at the same time that they were virtually falling off of the tiny table.

Fellow Menuism users have already weighed in on the prices (above $10 for guacamole and chips? I mean, c’mon), the relatively uninspired dishes (everything tasted fine, but none of it was especially memorable), the attitude (not on display, actually, when I was there), etc. So I won’t bother to go there.

What I did find amusing is that the restaurant was supposed to be some sort of hype-heavy celebrity hangout. Aside from a lone paparazzo skulking around outside (waiting for Eva Longoria to show up, I guess), and a bimbette in a skin-tight dress with a chest so fake-looking that it (they) could have served as a flotation device in the event of a water landing, there wasn’t much to gawk at.

As others have also observed, the restaurant was virtually empty. Weird, considering the supposed cache (which, as we all know, must have been fabricated by a PR firm, since nothing here would warrant it.)

Given the opportunity and the choice, I’d rather go to El Cholo for really delicious, simple, unpretentious Mexican food, rather than bother shleping myself to Beso.

July 29, 2015

The service was absolute horrible. She did not seem to care about us at all. It was quite disappointing. The food was not the best either. The soup was a little cold and there was too much cilantro taste. The mushroom pita was ok. For…
January 14, 2012

Not what it used to be

I used to go here a lot , food was always good but lately drinks and food hasnt been the same. Crowd is whatever too. I'll still go if invited but not my go-to destination anymore
January 10, 2012

Best Time in A While

Went like a week ago for my surprise birthday celebration. So happy that my friends picked this place!! We started off the night with some drinks and appetizers at the downstairs lounge. I tried several drinks off the cocktail menu and…

Steakhouse Fine Dining Eva Longoria
  • The bar stays open later than the main dining room. Monday through Thursday from 6pm-12am; Sundays from 6pm-2am.
  • Not one to go unnoticed, Longoria has ensured her favorite family recipes, such as her famous guacamole, have a home on the menu.
Mon-Sat 05:00PM - 10:30PM

Beso  Restaurant Reviews

• 4/06/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

Beso is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Beso Restaurant Los Angeles Menu, Hotels Near 6350 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles 90028, Beso Restaurant Menu, Beso Menu, Beso Vegas Menu, Beso, Beso Restaurant In Hollywood Calif, Eva Longoria Beso Restaurant Menu, and Eva Longoria Beso Restaurant.