Beso

Neighborhoods: Hollywood
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Fine Dining, Gluten Free

Beso is a Steakhouse, Fine Dining, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

• 4/06/2014

A Steakhouse chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

SpicyVegan photo

SpicyVegan

Lancaster, CA

Besos for Beso

When we arrived at Beso it was just past 10:30 and the kitchen was supposed to close down. We asked the Maiterdee about a light dinner and he immediately went to ask the chef. She (not Todd English) came out and discussed our options. She was extremely accommodating and our food was prepared and served promptly. She even made cocktail recommendations. The bartenders were also really great. (Not bad to look at either)

The decor of the establishment is modern and chic. Beautiful crystal light fixtures hang from the roof and create an elongating illusion. We also spotted Playmate of the Year 08 and her popular male realty tv star boyfriend at the bar.

We were both made a roasted corn and arugala salad. (Not on the menu) The salads were garnished with red and yellow tomatoes and plated with smears of an avocado creme and a jalapeno aioli. Very tasty.

We also ordered a flatbread and the chef offered to make us one to suit both our tastes. Ours was 1/2 margherita and 1/2 sweet potato and black bean. Delicious. The combination of sweet potatoes in anything slightly Mexican is delectable.

My “date” ordered the blackberry vodka collins and I asked for the bartender’s special which was a refreshing vodka citrus libation with grapes. Strong but delish. Her drink was also really good.

I look forward to dining there again during normal restaurant hours.

The staff and service was impeccable. We had a great late night dinner and pre-club drinks. Amazing restaurant all around!

CleverGrrl photo

CleverGrrl

Beso.... don't Beso me, mucho!

Had I paid for my meal, rather than my boyfriend, I might have reviewed Beso differently. As it was, a free meal means particular goodwill towards any restaurant!

Here’s what I have to say about Beso: The waitstaff was friendly….. the food was brought out quickly and presented nicely….. the decor was lovely, if a bit on the tacky, Vegas side…… and the only flaw in otherwise excellent service was that so many small plates came out at the same time that they were virtually falling off of the tiny table.

Fellow Menuism users have already weighed in on the prices (above $10 for guacamole and chips? I mean, c’mon), the relatively uninspired dishes (everything tasted fine, but none of it was especially memorable), the attitude (not on display, actually, when I was there), etc. So I won’t bother to go there.

What I did find amusing is that the restaurant was supposed to be some sort of hype-heavy celebrity hangout. Aside from a lone paparazzo skulking around outside (waiting for Eva Longoria to show up, I guess), and a bimbette in a skin-tight dress with a chest so fake-looking that it (they) could have served as a flotation device in the event of a water landing, there wasn’t much to gawk at.

As others have also observed, the restaurant was virtually empty. Weird, considering the supposed cache (which, as we all know, must have been fabricated by a PR firm, since nothing here would warrant it.)

Given the opportunity and the choice, I’d rather go to El Cholo for really delicious, simple, unpretentious Mexican food, rather than bother shleping myself to Beso.

September 1, 2011

Very Disappointing

I agree with the comment below. I don't know how much effort Eva Longoria put into this restaurant, but she is doing a crappy job at it. The service was absolute horrible. The waitress did not seem to care about us at all. The food was not…

Carlitos Gardel

Brazilian in Mid Wilshire

Louise's Trattoria

Italian in West Los Angeles

6/17/2018

A diner from Norwalk, CA tried Little J's Restaurant in Downtown.

6/16/2018

A diner from US tried Tacos LA Fonda in Glassell Park and liked it.

6/16/2018

A dining patron from Simi Valley, CA tried Fontana Di Trevi (CLOSED) in Encino, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/14/2018

A Mexican food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Taqueria Chihuahua.

6/14/2018

An American chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Jacob's Cafe in Vernon/Main and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/13/2018

An American chowhound from US tried Best Burger in Leimert Park and liked it.

6/12/2018

A Diner chowhound from Encino, CA tried Coffee Co in Westchester.

6/11/2018

An Indian chowhound from US tried Hurry Curry in Mar Vista, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Love everything on the menu. Service could be alittle slow at times especially during lunch. You order at the counter before you sit down. They do hah a few outside covered seats and inside tables. Great prices and they give you alot of food. Employees ar
6/10/2018

A diner from US tried Michelle's Country Diner in Congress West, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

6/10/2018

A Spanish chowhound from US tried Paseo San Miguel, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Steakhouse Reservations Eva Longoria
Tips
  • The bar stays open later than the main dining room. Monday through Thursday from 6pm-12am; Sundays from 6pm-2am.
  • Not one to go unnoticed, Longoria has ensured her favorite family recipes, such as her famous guacamole, have a home on the menu.
Mon-Sat 05:00PM - 10:30PM

Beso  Restaurant Reviews

Beso is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Beso Restaurant Los Angeles Menu, Beso Vegas Menu, Eva Longoria Beso Restaurant, Beso Restaurant, Beso Restaurant Menu, Beso Hollywood Menu, Beso Menu, and Eva Longoria Beso Restaurant Menu.