3692 18th St
San Francisco, CA 94110-1532

Bi-Rite Creamery

Neighborhoods: Mission Dolores
Cuisine: Ice Cream, Late Night, Lunch

Bi-Rite Creamery is a Ice Cream, Late Night, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

• 7/24/2014

An Ice Cream food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

QB
tommers photo

tommers

Mountain View, CA

Back again for more

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Roasted Banana

This flavor starts out strong and interesting. Its never that fake candy banana flavor of other ice creams, but the roasted aspect comes through stronger at the beginning. By the time I was done with my kids cup though, it seemed a little more ordinary.

Chai spiced milk chocolate

This one is just terrific. It has a very strong chai tea flavor that is all the better because it doesn’t overwhelm the chocolate, yet it very potent. Milk chocolate describes it well because it is sweet and creamy, but not a really strong rich chocolatey flavor. One of my favorites.

Mint chip

I don’t like mint much so take this with a grain of sea salt. Its just fine, but by Bi-Rite standards, not that interesting and not better than other places. The mint is pretty strong and the chocolate chunks are pretty large.

Peanut Butter with fleur de sel nuggets

I’ve tried this one but I don’t know why I haven’t ordered it because it was really great. I thought it might be too peanut buttery, but the taste I had was really impressive and I wish I had gotten it tonight instead of the roasted banana.

Malted Vanilla with Peanut Butter

Tried a few bites of this one and really liked it. The malted part of the vanilla adds a lot and the peanut butter chunks were enjoyable.

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA

I tried 2 flavors and they do have very unique...

I tried 2 flavors and they do have very unique flavors. I tried the mexican chocolate with salted peanuts and brown butter pecan since I am a big fan of nuts in my ice cream.

The mexican chocolate was tasty, but didn’t think I would like a whole scoop so I went with the brown butter pecan which had a very distinct brown sugary taste. My only issue was that it wasn’t all that creamy. The sugar cone was very crispy.

The other weird thing is that the single scoop is actually 2 scoops. I don’t understand why.

The service was wonderful. My friend’s ice cream fell on the floor and they were so kind to give her replacement scoops!

Overall, I would go back since they offer very unique flavors.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

organic ice cream!

somehow i always manage to get lost in the city, and sunday night was no different. luckily, with the help of google maps we managed to find this organic ice creamery tucked away off a street corner. as other reviewers have noted, a long line (of couples, families, and friends) greeted us at the entrance. the line moved at a decent pace, and the organic, green-friendliness of bi-rite was hard to miss. the fun of bi-rite is in the unique, interesting flavors & names. a great place to support and dessert at.

White Chocolate with Raspberry Swirl

the white chocolate flavor was subtle and not overwhelming at all, and the raspberry swirl gave a nice sweet touch. although not one of the more interesting flavors, a solid choice if you’re looking for something sweet & fruity.

Roasted Banana

i’m not a big banana ice cream person, so i didn’t get this flavor. but someone in our group did, and i thought the banana flavor was too much for me.

Cookies 'n Cream

someone else i was with got this flavor, and again, although not one of the unique flavors of bi-rite, a solid choice if you’re looking to have something classic and always good. you can’t go wrong w/cookies ’n cream.

Oaktree photo

Oaktree

San Mateo, CA

The line you see snaking around the corner of 18th and Do...

The line you see snaking around the corner of 18th and Dolores St. is worth the wait for the tasty, silky and organic flavors of ice cream you can indulge in at Bi-Rite Creamery. On a hot hot day its worth the wait. Bi-Rite uses all organic products in their ice cream and offer up lots of unique flavors. Coffee Toffee is particularly yummy but if you crave something a little different, somewhat silky then try the Honey Lavender.

The downside is that there is usually a line, it did move rather quickly and there is limited seating, but if you do get a seat its great to sit and enjoy your ice cream and check out the scene.

Ice Cream Snacks Late Night

fattiusthebear

Berkeley, CA

globe_trekker

Bi-Rite Creamery  Restaurant Reviews

Bi-Rite Creamery is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: What's So Special About Bi Rite, Mission Dolores Salted Caramel San Francisco, Bi Rate Creamery, Bi Rite Creamery Menu, Love Something Sweet San Francisco 94110, Chocolate 18th St San Francisco, Castro Creamery, Sf, Bi Rite Creamery 3692 18th St San Francisco, Ca 94110 1532 United States, and Bi Ritecreamerysf.