40-17 30th Ave
Astoria, NY 11103

Bîstro Boîte à Café

Neighborhoods: Astoria
Cuisine: Romantic, Contemporary French

Bîstro Boîte à Café is a Romantic and Contemporary French restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped more than 18%.

Macy photo

Macy

Somers, NY

Inviting French Bistro Comes to Astoria

My husband and I recently dined at Bistro Boite a Cafe on a lovely, unexpectedly cool August evening where we were seated by the open doors, able to view the activity outside. We were immediately impressed by this casual French bistro and its enticing menu — one of those menus where you have a number of items you just can’t choose between. The wait staff was warm, friendly, and attentive. They were very knowledgeable about the menu and able to answer our questions confidently. We shared appetizers first: a lovely crisp salad with apple, manchego and serrano ham; the perfectly cooked lobster risotto; and the silky little pillows of gnocchi with a sauce we (ok, just me) unapologetically mopped up with the warm, house-baked bread. We swooned!

For our entrees, my husband chose the hake with quinoa — crispy on the outside, perfectly roasted fish — and I had the organic chicken. I have NEVER ordered chicken in a restaurant. Why bother wasting a dining experience on chicken, I can make it at home. Not like this! Ultra moist, crispy skinned and flavorful, local organic chicken, expertly prepared. Dessert was an equally difficult decision. Although totally stuffed, we shared the creamy panne cotta and mocha flan. Yummy.

The chef here truly appreciates high quality, local and organic ingredients, skillfully presenting dishes where the flavors are complex yet unpretentious. This casual French corner bistro will be a go-to place for the neighborhood and a destination place for others.

LCM photo

LCM

Astoria, NY

Great food - great environment

I had dinner at Bistro Boîte à Café last night and it was a great experience.

The restaurant specializes in French Cuisine and the staff is quite friendly. It’s a sophisticated, yet casual environment, with moderately-priced brunch and dinner specials.

I had the Lamb Shank and it was just perfect! I’ll definitely come back.

Lamb Shank

vero1127 photo

vero1127

Forest Hills, NY

Boite a Cafe is truly a gem of Astoria!

I have had dinner at this restaurant every weekend since it’s opening day (which was not too long ago). The staff is really friendly, the glass open doors and the decor of the restaurant gives you a feel that you are in a little restaurant in France. I have tried the loin, the lamb, the salmon, the strapezzotti with duck confit and the chicken and ALL the dishes are EXCELLENT. I ordered the loin medium rare and it was cooked to perfection. I don’t normally like lamb but the glaze and the way this lamb is cooked is delicious. The Salmon is crispy on the outside, and it feels like it melts in your mouth. The strapezzotti, which is really a pasta dish with duck confit was out of this world. But the appetizzers are also truly spectacular, you must try the lobster rizzotto and the gnocci dish. For the price that you pay, you are getting fresh high quality, and organic ingredients. You must also try the chocolate brulee (my favorite) and the crepes. I highly recommend this restaurant. But don’t forget that you get free white or red sangria with your meal.

Loin

tlatelolco photo

tlatelolco

Astoria, NY

Bistro Boite A Cafe Adds A New Twist To Astoria

Last Sunday I was walking down 30th Avenue and someone gave a flyer offering me a free glass of white sangria. At first I was skeptical about the offer. it was a warm early evening. I found the place and sat down. Only three tables were taken, I thought: “What am I doing here in this empty place?” and thank god I decided to give it a try. Miles Davis played kind of blue on the backkground at this blue accented little bistro. The server served me a white sangria and ask me for my order. I decidet to try a baby Arugula apple manchego and serrano salad, it was a perfect, the combination of the food and the wine up to this point. For the second course, herb crusted hake over quinoa and ginger bernaise, Oh my! this chef is on to something here. I loved every bite of that dish; the textures went from crispy to tender and the flavors always bordering the different notes: tangy and sweet. Dessert was a challange, I wanted to try everything. crepes, mocha flan , chocolate brulee, panna cotta. I ordered the moca flan with a capuccino. As I left the bistro Edith Piaf sang la vie en rose and I felt like a king, I had my own little restaurant almost all to myself. I was so happy that by chance I discovered this new little place in Astoria.

Herb Crusted hake

Herb crusted hake over Quinoa with brunoise of seasonal vegetables and ginger bernaise sauce is a dish wel balanced and refined dish. I love cod and hake. the chef is on to something very special with this conbination.

Astoria Romantic Contemporary French
Sun,Tue-Sat 10:00AM - 11:00PM
Sun,Tue-Sat 08:00AM - 11:00PM (breakfast lunch dinner brunch)
Leng Thai & Asian Cuisine

Thai in Astoria-Long Island City

La Espiguita

Mexican in Astoria-Long Island City

Bîstro Boîte à Café  Restaurant Reviews

Bîstro Boîte à Café is located near the cities of Steinway, East Harlem, Rybnik, Long Island City, and Sunnyside.
People found this by searching for: French Bistro, Astoria,Ny, Bistro Boîte À Café, Bistro Boite A Cafe, Content, French Bistro Astoria Ny, French Restaurants In Astoria, Bîstro Boîte à Café, Boiye A Cafe Astoria Queens, and Bistro Boite A Cafe Astoria.