2600 1st Ave
Seattle, WA 98121-1305

Black Bottle

Neighborhoods: Belltown
Cuisine: Tapas, Wine Bar, Lounge

Black Bottle is a Tapas, Wine Bar, and Lounge restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

justin photo

justin

great fusion tapas

Although it look more like a trendy lounge, Black Bottle actually has quite a few large tables and serves great food. They have a very simple menu of asian-fusion style small plates and almost every thing we had was quite good. Each had a little different twist than what you would expect. Since they’re small plates you can order a couple a person and get to try almost the whole menu with a large group.

ceviche mahi mahi

very tender mahi mahi sashimi ceviche-style. good, but not that stunning.

pork belly and kimchi

by far my favorite dish. the pork belly was very tender and jam-packed with sweet kimchi flavor. i highly recommend it!

potato and prosciutto wheels at Black Bottle

potato and prosciutto wheels

sorta like mashed potato wrapped with prosciutto then pan fried. a little odd for me. it was filling, but there wasn’t that much taste.

smoked chicken and sun-dried cherries

better than most pizzas. it’s a thin crunchy bread with cheese and chicken. tasty and a nice carb-complement to the other dishes.

seven spice shrimp

good shrimp. the fried heads were tasty :P

pear sorbet and candied lavender

good sorbet with subtle flavor. hard to taste it when eating the chocolate cake too.

chicken and laab gai

sorta of like chinese lettuce wrap squab but with much more spice – almost too much spice for me. the tangy taste was a bit overpowering. probably my least favorite dish.

chocolate cake and vanilla gelato

chocolate cake surrouding vanilla ice cream. both were pretty good, but not the best i’ve had.

cumin pork tenderloin and frisee at Black Bottle

cumin pork tenderloin and frisee

very tender and flavorful enough. not as full-flavored as the pork belly, but just enough to make it interesting.

jenniferyellow photo

jenniferyellow

San Diego, CA

wine and dessert

hmm, after reading the other reviews, i kind of wished i had tried some of the tapas dishes… but oh well, i guess i do always like desserts better anyways :)

so i came here on a weeknight for some dessert and wine to celebrate a friend’s birthday. the ambience was really great — bustly and lively, but not so loud that we couldn’t talk to one another. the servers were also really accommodating, as we kept having to add more chairs (and eventually even append a second table!) to our group.

so in summary, a nice place for groups, but i actually think it would be even nicer with just 1 or 2 others.

peach/blueberry kettle tart with cream at Black Bottle

peach/blueberry kettle tart with cream

oh goodness this tart was so good! :) the crust is actually solid (not those “crumb” crusts that are so popular now) and not too sweet… making it a perfect complement to the fruit filling. but you shouldn’t order this if you don’t like the taste of blueberries… they are inavoidable! :)

chocolate cake and vanilla gelato

very rich and dense chocolate cake with a hidden pocket of gelato tucked inside! (how do they do that? i have no idea… but it rocks :))

definitely share this one tho, it’s prolly too rich to eat all by yourself unless you are a very special chocoholic :)

summerfugue photo

summerfugue

Seattle, WA

Awesome place for groups

After a meal with friends, the location makes it really convenient to go clubbing later without having to park again. The tapas here is fun to share with 4-5 people and a good selection of wine. This is the Sanjaya of tapas-style restaurants really. Highly recommended!

chicken and laab gai

It’s mixed minced meat which you wrap in individual lettuce leaves. Very refreshing and tasty

pear sorbet and candied lavender

i love the taste of lavendar in this sorbet.

seven spice shrimp

Ah! I lvoe the crispy shrimp heads!!

pork belly and kimchi

Soft and tender pork belly in kimchi sauce. The texture of the pork belly was very delicious, the only thing preventing an extra star was it’s not very authentic kimchi. But still some yummy sauce.

hanger steak and daikon/shiso

Oh man, I love the sauce for this. The texture of the beef with the sauce is just heavenly.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Slick, swanky lounge with good food

From the outside, Black Bottle looked like a small, narrow bar with a few tables, but they have a good sized room in the back with tables to accommodate larger groups. The service was very attentive, and the food was surprisingly delicious. Dishes are served tapas-style here, but you should choose wisely – some dishes are much more filling than others.

chicken and laab gai

Spicier than I expected, which was good. Served with lettuce cups, but not enough of them – the larb gai to lettuce ratio is a bit high.

chocolate cake and vanilla gelato

Rich” comes to mind when describing this dessert – it’s awesome.

pork belly and kimchi

I wasn’t enticed by the description, but these skewers worked very well, especially with the fattier pieces of pork. Beware of the leaner pieces, though – they can be pretty tough.

smoked chicken and sun-dried cherries

Well proportioned for sharing, but there was too much doughiness and not enough chicken/cherries for me.

hanger steak and daikon/shiso

my favorite dish here – we ordered this multiple times. the steak was perfectly tender and the daikon added a nice texture and absorbed the meat flavor well.

Great shrimp.

chanman photo

chanman

Bellevue, WA

Not my liking...

It’s very easy to find. It’s right on the corner of 1st & Vine… It’s very dark/dim inside, fits the name black bottle…. It’s also very loud and noisy. The service is quick to ask for what you want to order, but delivery of the dessert/drinks is rather slow…

I ordered a mojito and the chocolate cake w/gelato icecream. The mojito had very strong mint leaves taste, and the chocolate cake was dry and tasteless.

The table was wet and seats are not very comfortable. To make it worst, the washroom is not very clean…

I am very disappointed, reading the reviews I thought it would have been a nice place to go with my friends…. Less I ordered the wrong food?

jig photo

jig

Lynnwood, WA

Quaint and Hip

I really like coming to this place for small get togethers. Its intimate and carries a soft ambiance that makes you feel nice and comfy. I always order the blasted broccoli. Its the best!

broccoli blasted

This is my fav!

Olga photo

Olga

Redmond, WA

I've been to Black Bottle at least 3 times...

I’ve been to Black Bottle at least 3 times now. I’ve liked it every time I came. This time my friend and I ordered ceviche mahi-mahi, fresh sardines namban, and fried tofu with house made peanut dipping sauce. I liked all 3 dishes. Ceviche was nice, and was my friend’s favorite. I really liked the flavor of sardines, which were a bit dry for my friend. Tofu was really nice and filling too. I like the atmosphere and I’d definitely go back. They actually serve hot tea as well there on Friday nights, I had a very nice green tea.

Tapas Wine Bar Lounge

Seattle, WA

foodlover363

0 useful

Black Bottle  Restaurant Reviews

Black Bottle is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Blackkettletavern In Seattle Wa, Black Bottle Seattle Pictures, Black Bottle Seattle, Black Bottle Seattle Review, Black Bottle Mail, Black Bottle Seattle Shrimp, Black Bottle Lounge, Wheer To Park For Black Bottle Belltown Seattle, and Black Bottle Seattle Restaurant.