509 W Whitaker Mill Rd
Raleigh, NC 27608

Bloomsbury Bistro

Cuisine: French, Lunch, International

Bloomsbury Bistro is a French, Lunch, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

NC_Chevalier photo

NC_Chevalier

Raleigh, NC

5 of 5 stars (excellent, fine dining)

(see explanation of ratings below)

Always a fave of ours. We buy $500 worth of gift certificates each year (for $400) and give them to ourselves!

Chef Toler is amazingly creatively and he changes his menu about every six weeks.

Allow 60-90 minutes.

Cost: about $25-$35 for food alone.

$15 corkage fee.

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until menuism realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, menuism’s rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish menuism would do the same):

1) fast food and “fast-casual” (no table service )

2) casual and “polished casual” dining (table service)

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV’s in dining room, typically more expensive than casual dining)

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

PalateMan photo

PalateMan

Bethlehem, PA

Out of towner, visited twice, will come back

I must have hit this place in an uptrend. Both of my meals there with friends who live in Raleigh were positively memorable. I read the negative views and don’t necessarily disagree as we can all end up being at a venue that’s having a stinker of a night. But then again we also have people who will rate fast food on restaurant review boards and find it stupendous… I did not find any tinge of rudeness or lack of decorum. It could have been those writing negative reviews experiences with a new waiter or greeter. Have I been to better? Of course! But this was a good combo of price versus quality of food, which of course equals value.

French Dinner Lunch
Mon-Sat 05:30PM - 10:00PM
10:00AM - 10:00PM (It's not a steak house!)

Bloomsbury Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Bloomsbury Bistro is located near the cities of Nc State University and Brentwood.
People found this by searching for: Five Points Bistro Raleigh, Bloomsbury Bistro Coupon, Bloomsbury Bistro Raleigh Current Menu, Bloomsbury Bistro, Bloomsbury Bistro Raleigh Nc, Bloomsbury Bistro,Raleigh, and Bloomsbury Bistro In Raleigh Nc Valentine Menu.