126 E 6th St
Los Angeles, CA 90014-2006

Blu LA Cafe

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Lunch, Breakfast, Gluten Free

Blu LA Cafe is a Lunch, Breakfast, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

ThirstyPig photo

ThirstyPig

Blu La Cafe, a Nice Downtown LA Surprise

Nothing gets between me and menu with burgers. Ok, maybe mac’n cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches, too. But still, burgers at almost any restaurant will get ordered by me. Something so simple, yet so common, restaurants will do their interpretation of the classic. Though it is hard to make into a disaster, it isn’t easy to make it mind-blowingly memorable. In this case, I think Blu La Cafe will get high marks, but not quite the highest. The bread – on their signature Blu La Cafe Burger, the soft buns, held together nicely. The juices, the meat, and the veggies with mayo were all held together well. I assume that the burger patty was hand packed from scratch, since it fell apart while I was eating it. And that’s a good thing. Though the only negative comment I had was that it was a bit too salty or seasoned a bit too much. Other than that, it was a solid burger.

My compatriots had the Monterey Burger, heavily influenced by our waitress. I might have ordered that if I wasn’t swayed by the text of “award-winning” for the Blu La Cafe Burger. The bite I tried from the Monterey Burger had the kick from the jalapenos and monterey jack cheese. I think the slightly over savoriness of the burger melds well with the spiciness.

There was also a couple of orders of the turkey lasagna. Unfortunately, one of them came out a bit runny and not cooked all the way. Yet my other friend finished his, in record time. The small bite that I tried wasn’t all that bad. But it isn’t something I would fret over or suggest ordering.

There were two things that stood out on consensus. The fries and the fried mushroom ravioli. The shoestring fries, that came with my burger, were stolen, fry by fry, from my plate before I was able to finish my burger. I think I only had a couple of fries. They were thin, crispy, and not-all-too greasy, which they ought to be. Then the fried mushroom ravioli, fried ravioli stuffed w/ portobello mushroom, ricotta cheese & romano cheese, served w/ house chili oil, were the hit of the night. The chili oil was so good, they we used it as a substitute for ketchup for the fries. The two orders we had, were split among us all and were quickly devoured. I think one of girls’ mouths was orgasming with delight – Miss B. Because of the ravioli, my friends made a blood pack to return again.

Anyways . . .Blu La is a nice joint in the heart of Downtown LA, next to Cole’s and the Association. Parking will be a challenge, but I think well worth it.

Blu La Burger

Great Burger

Fried Mushroom Ravioli

Excellent. Yet, I think the house chili oil sauce was the sleepy hit.

Downtown Wifi Dinner

Blu LA Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Blu LA Cafe is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Cafe's Downtown La, Downtown La Cafe, Blu La Cafe Menu, Blu La Cafe, Blue La Cafe, Where Can I Get Fried Mushrooms In Los Angeles, Restaurant That Sell Fried Mushrooms In Downtown Los Angeles, and Blu La Cafe Reviews.