4494 Burlington Pike
Oceanport, NJ

Blue Claw Seafood & Crab Eatery

• 11/12/2016

A chowhound from East Brunswick, NJ tried it.

• 9/30/2014

A food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it.

tj_foxx photo

tj_foxx

Westmont, NJ

No frill GREAT crabs

I am a fussy seafood person.I grew up at the Jersey shore (STOP teh show references!) and caught my own crabs for many years. I am usually underwhelmed by places that are supposed to be “Crab Joints”. Blue Claw is the exception to the rule. It’s a very casual, bring your own place with brown paper table covers. The staff work hard and move fast. It is a lively family place with lots of action but no so much that you cant hold a nice dinner conversation. They carry Atlantic Blue Crabs, Pacific Blue Crabs, Snow, King and Dungess crabs. There are a variety of other seafood dishes, Shrimp scallops tiliapia, salmon, flounder, clams. and pasta. It is a great place to go and enjoy great seafood in your jeans and not break the bank.

Pacific/Mexican Blue Crabs

These crabs were the best I have ever had hands down. While they prepare them several ways, we elected to just have them steamed with Old Bay. My wife dipped hers in butter, I dipped in mine the hot dry rub. The crabs were cooked perfectly and very tender, moist and succulent. The first bite took me back to my days as a kid in the 70’s. The side of cole slaw was very tasty fresh and crispy.

Blue Claw Seafood & Crab Eatery  Restaurant Reviews

Blue Claw Seafood & Crab Eatery is located near the cities of Fort Monmouth, Long Branch, West Long Branch, Monmouth Beach, and Little Silver.
People found this by searching for: Blue Claw Crab Eatery, Best Place For Crabs Near Long Branch Nj, Blue Grotto Restaurant Oceanport Nj, Blue Claw Crab Restaurant Near West Long Branch, Blue Claw Seafood And Crab Eatery Oceanport, Blue Claw Menu, Blue Crabs In Long Branch, Nj, Blue Claw Seafood And Crab Eatery, and Blue Grotto Oceanporte.