166 Lake St S
Kirkland, WA 98033

Blue Fish

Neighborhoods: Moss Bay
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi, Noodle Shop

Blue Fish is a Japanese, Sushi, and Noodle Shop restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Dropping in quality, increasing in price

Back when Blue Fish was called Sake House, my friends and I gushed over how we had discovered another fine choice for Eastside sushi (as there are never enough). Perhaps we were more naive about sushi back then, or perhaps the change of name/management really has affected things.

In any case, the quality of the food is pretty poor now, and the service was very slow for our meal (a Thursday evening dinner). Most every dish that we ordered was overpriced and underflavored. The ambiance is still nice, with some open street seating and a direct sunlight in the evenings.

I’m terribly disappointed in Blue Fish, and it’s now off my list of sushi options for the area.

This is a follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Makunouchi "B"

A big box of disappointment. I found a large quantity of stale tempura, paired with a generous helping of overcooked tonkatsu that was as tough and flavorless as rawhide. Yuck.

Fried Chicken

Totally undersized and overcooked. Way too dry, and required far too much chewing power.

LittleJu photo

LittleJu

Seattle, WA

I took a closer look at the menu this time

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

To be accurate, their happy hr is from 5 – 6 daily. So here is the deal — come at 5;45 pm and take happy hr orders b4 their last call; In about 15 -20 mins, ur meal comes exactly dinner time!

Chicken Kara Age

Deep fried chicken, with BBQ sauce. This is not perfect but definitely better than chicken skewer.

Monster Roll

Deep fried sushi roll with avocado and salmon. Think about a combination of Tempura and sushi roll, u’ll get a better picture!

Seaweed Salad

Seaweed and fresh veggie (mainly cucumber) with house special vinegar dressing. It also tastes a little sweet.

Eel Roll

This tastes so so to me. Maybe cos i am not a big fan of sushi.

ichikoo photo

ichikoo

Seattle, WA

Good sake, mediocre food.

Food wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything spectacular. However, the sake was tasty.

Tonkatsu or Chicken Katsu

Not bad, but a bit tough (perhaps becuase it was over fried?).

Yaegaki unfiltered sake

Very sweet, smooth, and easy to drink. The experience of the sake’s auroma climbing up my nostril is worth experiencing. I’m going to go find myself a bottle at the nearest Uwajimaya.

Toro Nigiri

I would not get it here. Go to your nearest Kiku! (or if you have more cash, Nishino)

konget photo

konget

Decent Japanese food, great location

The food here is okay, its location on lake street in downtown kirkland is unbeatable though especially if you want to take your date for a romantic stroll along lake washington after dinner!

Sukiyaki

Ordered this since they don’t have my favourite (and notoriously hard to find) geoduck sushi. Personally I would have preferred the sukiyaki to be more sweet and salty, the servings were generous though and I definitely enjoyed my meal!

justin photo

justin

Good lunch value

This place has a bunch of good lunch specials and even a 6.50 bento box but I opted for the ramen special with sushi addon. The people were friendly and the food was good. If you’re near downtown Kirkland, definitely check it out for lunch.

Miso Ramen

A good size bowl of tasty ramen with nice chunks of pork – just fatty enough to have good flavor :P

Spicy Tuna Roll

I got this as an addon to the lunch special for only 3.50 more. 8 pieces is pretty good for this price.

Yaegaki unfiltered sake

Nothing like a nice cold sake to start the afternoon. It certainly makes lunch more soothing :)

BowzerWowzer photo

BowzerWowzer

Seattle, WA

Good sushi, even better sake

The sushi was good, but nothing to write home about. The sake was really yummy though, and is my current favorite!

Red Dragon Roll

Tempura prawn sushi roll, quite tasty, with a little spice.

Yaegaki unfiltered sake

There’s nothing quite like an excellent shot of sake to get that capillary action going from the tips of your fingers to the bottom of your toes!

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

you can do better for Eastside sushi

Blue Fish is an ok choice for sushi, but in my opinion it is overpriced for the quantity of food. I think it is pricey simply because it is kirkland waterfront. The food was pretty good and fresh enough – but the price needed to be lower to make it worth it.

Not much atmosphere in this restaurant, and it was kind of weird to be playing amercian pop-rock music. The restaurant was pretty much empty on a Sunday evening.

I don’t know if I’ll be back here not because it was bad but because it was nothing special. Though I would like to try their lunch, and their ramen.

Caterpillar Roll

An average caterpillar roll – presentation wasn’t that impressive. It was ok but nothing to rave about. Fish was fresh at least.

Salmon Sashimi

The fish was pretty fresh – quite expensive just for 4 pieces.

Olga photo

Olga

Redmond, WA

I like this place. I've been there 3 times,...

I like this place. I’ve been there 3 times, one time back in 05 when they just opened, and 2 times recently. I had unagi roll and salmon the other day, and it was very good. My companion didn’t want flyish fish roe in her california roll, so I requested for that to be put in unagi roll, and they accomodated and it turned out very nice. Then on a Saturday I had their lunch special bento box with sashimi instead of the regular california rolls, and liked my food except gyozas. But I don’t like gyozas in general and don’t think it had to do with that place. So, their food and service are nice, and they take prime card. I definitely will be back.

Japanese Sushi Sashimi

Catering in Totem Lake

Dinner Delivery Plus

Deli in Totem Lake

Blue Fish  Restaurant Reviews

Blue Fish is located near the cities of Houghton, Juanita, Totem Lake, Beaux Arts Village, and Hunts Point.
People found this by searching for: Blue Fish Bellevue, Big Fish Restaurant Kirkland, Blue 4 Piece Blue Ornamental Kirkalands, Blue Fish Kirkland, Blue Fish Sushi Kirkland, Blue Fish Restaurant, Kirkland, Wa, Blue Fish Japanese Kirkland, What Is The Name Of A Solid Blue Fish, and Geoduck Sushi In Kirkland, Wa.