800 W Olympic Blvd

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

don't bother

Several days before Lakers game:
I call Boca, can I get a reservation for 2 at 6:30?
Answer: you have to give us your credit card number for that.
Me: What? For a reservation for 2, are you sure?
Answer: yes.
Me: Is it pretty full?
Answer: No, you’re the first one to call for reservations.
Me: What. Never mind, we’ll take our chances.

Lakers game night, 6:45, at the front gate—not door, gate:
Me: Hi, can we get a quick bite?
Guy at gate: sorry we’re all full, try again around 9:30.
Me: I tried calling for reservations and was told I had to give my credit card for table for two.
Guy at gate: What, I’ve never heard of that, for a party of two.
Me: Well, yeah, me neither.

Lakers game: Lakers kicked the Kings’ butts back. Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas were on the big screen for the kiss session.

Back to the Boca gate around 10pm:
Guy at gate: welcome back.
Me: Can we get a table?
Guy at gate: no, sorry, all full.
Me: can we sit at bar?
Guy at gate: there’s no bar in the restaurant.
Me: ok, can we just take a look inside the restaurant.
Guy at gate: no, you’ll have to have a wrist band.
Me: I just wanted to take a quick look.
Guy at gate: you’ll have to have a wrist band.

Guy at gate: he then only looked at my male friend when he talked. What the. I’m the one who called about reservations, I’m the one who was asking the questions, hell the Lakers tix are mine. Talk to ME, not my male friend. Sexist jerk.

Me: F this. I’m not trying to get into the Conga Room, just thought I’d check out the resto since I was there. Plus I looked at the menu earlier, and it’s so not all that. One—ONE—tamal for $10? They better drop their attitude quick. When the rest of LA Live restos open early next year, they’ll be begging for business.

I’ve never ever and probably will never ever again “review” a place without having tried it, but their whole uppity attitude deserves a very low rating. For crying out loud, this is downtown. Lots of far better places to eat. I’m not going to bother with Boca ever again.
Edit Remove

Caribbean Contemporary American

Boca  Restaurant Reviews

Boca is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Boca La Live, Boca Los Angeles Review, Boco Restaurant Los Angeles, Boco Downtown Los Angeles, Boca Downtown La, Boca, Los Angeles, Boka Marcaot Los Angeles, Ca, Boca La Live Downtown Los Angeles, and Restaurant Boca Los Angeles.