66 Sherbrook Blvd
Upper Darby, PA 19082-4617

Bona Cucina

Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free, Latin American

Bona Cucina is a Italian, Gluten Free, and Latin American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"BYOB small personal service-great food"
Comments
"Simply great food "
  • 2/10/2020

A dining patron from Upper Darby, PA tried it.

• 9/03/2016

An Italian chowhound from Havertown, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
    Simply great food
  • 1/08/2016

A Pizza chowhound from Cincinnati, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    BYOB small personal service-great food
  • 12/14/2014

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the service and liked the ambiance.

• 2/02/2015

An Italian chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 3/07/2014

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

thebonners photo

thebonners

Holmes, NY

Horrible Rehearsal Dinner Experience!!!

I was told by owner’s they could accommodate my 32 person wedding rehearsal dinner, as long as I gave them each person’s orders 1 wk in advance so they could prep the meals, which I did along w/ a $100.00 deposit. That night it took an hour & a half to get our appetizers out, another hour to get soda’s, kids didn’t get their spaghetti or soda until 2 hrs into dinner. We finally got our dinners about 2hrs 45 min later. Everyone was restless & starving, especially children! (who by the way didn’t have any highchairs…not a sigle 1!) The owner was very very very rude to our guest! At one point she gave someone the wrong order & then told him “well this is what I have written down & this is what the cook made so your gonna have to eat it because we can’t cook you something else now” & sat the plate back in front of him after he told her it was wrong and he didn’t want it! I was appalled at the rude service! The owner/server came out in front of our whole party & said “we will never allow anyone to order open menu again after this large a party!” Later I asked the server if we could please out a rush on the kids food because we had been there over 2 hrs & she told me “look, we only have 1 cook so the kids are just gonna have to sit tight we are moving as fast as we can here!” I was absolutely horrified for my guests… I used to be a regular customer there but I will never recommend or ever eat there again. It was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had in a restaurant!!!! If they could not accommodate such a large party, they should’ve turned me down when I called 3 mths before to reserve my party. I cannot begin to tell you how devastated I was by their unprofessional behavior! If I didn’t have 30 people there to feed I would have walked out after the 1st hour of this terrible experience! Please take it from me & don’t make the same mistake I made! This place is ok for a small party, but never for a large group. Just disgusted with this place after my experience there.

Veal Caramella

It was good tasting, but didn’t come with anything no pasta or anything….just veal & sauce on a plate. It took them about 2 1/2 hours to get my dinner out to me. Needless to say I would eat about anything at that point.

patwhoeats photo

patwhoeats

Broomall, PA

Horrible!

Two weeks ago my wife called and made a reservation for that Friday. She called a day in advance (Thursday). On Friday night we entered the restaurant and the following is what we experienced. We waited by the front door; it looked as if a party was going on in the back room. A young waitress walked over to us, gave us a mean look and then lifted her hands up as if to say, “what do you want?” (SHE NEVER ACTUALLY SPOKE TO US). My wife said, “Hi, we have a reservation for last name.” The girl walked away and spoke with an older woman (who I assume was the hostess). The older woman turned and said “we had you as a no show for last night” and then turned back around. I then walked closer to her and said, “No, it’s for tonight.” "I explained to her that we had called the day prior for tonight, and also told her that it would make no sense to call the night before for reservations for a time earlier than the time we called. (This is because we called a few hours after work on Thursday and on Friday we drove straight there after work). She still acted as if it was our fault. I asked if she would seat us and she pointed towards the back room. We walked up the stairs but were unsure where to go, we asked her again where we were to sit and another waitress pointed to a table that was surrounded by women that where in that room(for the party that was going on) with their purses on the seats. We stood there for a moment and then decided that this place was a complete joke and that not only were the women working rude and unpleasant, that they also didn’t want our business. We talked it over and decided to go somewhere else. As we were leaving the hostess sarcastically asked if everything was all right. I decided not to even respond to her.

We were really excited to try out the restaurant and drove from King of Prussia to Upper Darby just to try it out. Well, for my review I can honestly say that the service sucked. It was actually way worse than sucky; I have never been treated so rude in my entire life.

Thanks for the waste of time and gas Bona Cucina!

Italian Takeout Gluten Free

Bona Cucina  Restaurant Reviews

Bona Cucina is located near the cities of Lansdowne, Aldan, Darby, Collingdale, and Yeadon.
People found this by searching for: Bona Cucina Menu, Bona Cucina Restaurant Upper Darby, Bona Cachina, Buona Cucina Upper Darby, Bona Cucina Upper Darby Pa, Bona Cucina, Bona Cucina Upper Darby, and Bona Cucina Lansdowne.