10950 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32223

Bonefish Grill

Neighborhoods: Mandarin
Cuisine: Seafood, Kid's Menu, Catering

Bonefish Grill is a Seafood, Kid's Menu, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Sea bass that my wife had was delicious."
"great for birthdays"
"Wait staff knowledgeable, food amazing!"
"The waiter and service in general sucked. We sat at the table for two hours and had the biggest GOP if the waiter. The bread was in the oven was the excuse we heard all throughout the meal as the excuse for not bringing it. He has a similar excuse for not"
Cons
"Waiter (Bobby) was horrible. Took order without asking if we wanted anything to drink. Asked for bread when he took our order and had to ask again 10 minutes later. He made himself scarce throughout the meal and anytime we stopped him to ask for anythin"
"Better service, honesty by the staff; larger portions of side items"
Comments
"Have been to this BFG before and food and service was excellent. This latest trip however will most likely be our last. "
  • 3/03/2020

A Seafood chowhound from Rockville, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Sea bass that my wife had was delicious.
    Cons
    Comments
  • 8/23/2019

A Seafood food lover from FL tried it.

• 8/07/2018

A Seafood chowhound from Jacksonville, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/27/2017

A Seafood food lover from Jacksonville, FL tried it and liked it.

• 5/20/2017

P1nk16 tried it.

• 9/04/2016

A Seafood food lover from Winter Park, FL tried it.

• 7/13/2016

A Seafood food lover from Jacksonville, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/10/2016

Pros
    great for birthdays
  • 9/28/2014

A Seafood chowhound from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Wait staff knowledgeable, food amazing!
  • 8/03/2014

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it.

p1nk16 photo

p1nk16

Orange Park, FL

Mother's Day Pick-Me-Up

Our server was absolutely, positively, excellent! (Paul O. per the receipt) Last minute reservations via OpenTable for Mother’s Day (seriously was not a good day for my, cue the pity party), a trip to Bonefish for dinner was what I needed! Living in Fleming Island, there were rumors a decade ago of a Bonefish opening here but sadly, it never did. After this trip, I am a firm believer that it needs to! We have to “cross the bridge” and go to the Mandarin location.
After my husband’s first visit to the Jax Beach location, he didn’t believe me when I told him it was a chain and a sister to Carrabba’s and Outback. Bonefish has a knack for not only delicious food, but also delicious cocktails.
True to his character, he ordered the Moscow Mule. I think Bonefish was the first place he tried and fell in love with the Mule…and he said no place can make a Mule better than Bonefish. And he samples them any and everywhere! I chose the Patrón’s Perfect Cucumber Margarita; Patrón silver, fresh lime + English cucumber. Topped with a hint of St. Germain Elderflower liqueur + rimmed with salt + pepper for a perfect finish. It was PERFECT for sure! The salt and pepper rim (I usually ask for sugar) didn’t thwart the taste as I used a straw. It was the perfection balance of tequila, cucumber, and elderflower tastes. I’ll have a pitcher, please!
We, of course, got their famous Bang Bang Shrimp. No one can do Bang Bang or a version like it the way Bonefish can. However, this time the sauce flavor I remembered wasn’t quite present.
My husband and daughter both got the small Salmon entrees – remember she has quite the grown up palate. She nearly finished hers while he did finish his. I was craving Tuna and torn between the large sashimi portion on the appetizer menu or the Tuna Steak under entrees. I went with the latter. The tuna steak was a bit smaller than I had remembered/anticipated, and seemed to be overcooked (I asked for rare). Their garlic mashed potatoes are absolutely divine, however my portion was less than what I would give a toddler. My hubs chose broccoli as his vegetable and none of us had ever had broccoli like that before – it literally melted in our mouths. Probably drenched in butter, but who cares!?
For dessert we got both Crème Brûlée as well as Key Lime Pie. A generous portion of Crème Brûlée, but being a self-proclaimed connoisseur of Crème Brûlée, I would suggest a heavier pour of the sugar for a thicker and evenly spread shell. Their Key Lime Pie was delicious as well; creamy and an even balance of tart and sweet.
Will we return? Absolutely. My husband was ready to return our next night off together – but we might have to go back tonight! Happy Hour here we come!

Bang Bang Shrimp

No one can do Bang Bang like Bonefish! We have had better; I was a bit disappointed this trip.

Perfect Patrón Margarita

Truly Perfect! A perfect blend of all flavors! Patrón silver, fresh lime + English cucumber. Topped with a hint of St. Germain Elderflower liqueur + rimmed with salt + pepper for a perfect finish

Ahi Tuna

The portion was smaller than expected, it seemed overcooked, and I regretted not getting the sashimi!

Atlantic Salmon with Pan Asian Sauce

Salmon was perfect in taste and texture; the Pan Asian Sauce compliments BOTH the Salmon and Ahi Tuna well!

Crème Brûlée

It could have used a bit more sugar for the shell, but overall it was creamy and good and a decent size portion to share!

melanief1 photo

melanief1

Jacksonville, FL

Bone Fish Grill

My husband and I have been to many restaurants in Florida, but this has been the best restaurant by far. The food was excellent the drinks were excellent and the service was excellent. We will definitely be back!!! Sorry that I can’t remember the price on the items listed but between my husband and I the bill was about $75.00 (tip included) well worth it.

Bang Bang Shriimp

OMG we could have eaten more of this tasty shrimp appetizer. Full of flavor and a little bit of crunch.

Cold Water Lobster Tails

Cold water lobster tails with lemon butter, Garlic whipped potatoes and a Ceaser salad. They bring you a loaf of bread with a pesto sauce mmmmm very good. Everything was delicious!!!

Watermelon Martini

Watermelon Martini made with cucumber vodka what a tasty little drink!!!

Fish and Chips

Fish and chips was what my husband had and said they were the best he’s eaten yet!!!

Seafood Kid's Menu Dinner

Bonefish Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Bonefish Grill is located near the cities of College Park.
People found this by searching for: Bonefish Grill Jacksonville Fl, Bonefish San Jose, Bonefish Grill San Jose Boulevard, Bonefish Grill Mandarin, Bonefish Grill Menu Jacksonville Fl, Bonefish Mandarin, Bonefish Grill Jax Fl, Bonefish Grill Jacksonville, and Bonefish On San Jose.