465 Rue Mc Gill
Montréal, QC H2Y 4B4

Boris Bistro

Neighborhoods: Saint-Jacques
Cuisine: French, Bistro

Boris Bistro is a French and Bistro restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

beautiful food, served slowly

I was here for supper. We had hoped to sit on the terrasse, but the rain and cold meant it was indoor seating for tonight. Indoors seemed to be just as chilly as outside. The seating was cramped and uncomfortable, even more so when another chair was squished in to make room for extra guests.

Our waiter made up for this discomfort with a sunny, cheerful presentation. He was happy to talk about the different dishes and noted that the one I had my eye on was one of his favorites. But he wanted to wait until everyone showed up before taking orders — which meant I had to wait 45 minutes after arrival to place my order. I was this close to walking out.

Almost an hour later, the food arrived. And happily it was worth waiting for! Not just a pretty plate, but a tasty one too.

Black pudding

The blood sausage had been shaped into a loaf, and one slice was served. It had a crispy crust which I found delightfully addictive. Accompanying the black pudding was a perfectly molded circle of soft potato and apple chunks. Both were served in a generous pool of minted pea sauce — billed as aioli, but with barely a hint of garlic. Reading this, you must be thinking this is one weird dish — but it all worked together fabulously, even without the promised fennel. I loved it and wished the portion had been much bigger!

French Bistro

Boris Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Boris Bistro is located near the cities of Saint Laurent, Mont Royal, St Laurent, Mount Royal, and Mt Royal.
People found this by searching for: Boris Bistro Menu Montreal, Bistra I Boris, Boris Bistro Montreal, Boris Bistro Menu, and Boris Bistro Best Dish.