7181 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046-4417

Bossa Nova

Neighborhoods: Hollywood
Cuisine: Brazilian, Gluten Free, Breakfast

Bossa Nova is a Brazilian, Gluten Free, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 1/06/2015

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/23/2014

A Brazilian food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

milkbar photo

milkbar

Studio City, CA

mmm

i have never eaten inside, but i we have had take-out for lunch many many times. i LOVE their warm goat cheese and grape salad. it is sooo light and healthy.

resolvedfreedom photo

resolvedfreedom

Great food with a lot of variety. I get delivery so ofte...

Great food with a lot of variety. I get delivery so often it’s embarassing.

PaulaF photo

PaulaF

A hearty hodge podge

I first came here for dinner with some friends a couple of months ago. I was kind of skeptical about the place, given the hodge podge nature of the menu. However, we were already in the area and my friends insisted.

As it turns out, I was pleasantly surprised what turned out to be a solid meal. We started off by sharing the FRIED YUCCA. I thought that these would be more earth shattering than they were, but instead, they were more like extra starchy french fries. They aren’t a bad munchie-type of item, but it’s not something that I’d say is a must-order.

For my entree, I ordered the SHRIMP STROGANOFF which consisted of sautéed shrimps with heart of palm, and onions in a creamy pink (tomato-based) sauce. Unlike the traditional Russian beef stroganoff, which calls for the use of sour cream, the Brazilian variation uses heavy cream. The dish came with either white rice, french fries, or plantains. I opted for rice, as apparently, that’s how the Brazilians typically eat it.

Turned out to be a very satisfying dish. The shrimp were prepared well and the pink cream sauce was rich without being too heavy, no doubt from the use of tomato, onions, etc. to contrast the cream. The rice also soaked up the sauce nicely. This dish, incidentally, is huge, as were all of the entrees at our table. I had leftovers for lunch the next day. My friends also seemed to enjoy their dishes (ranging from the skirt steak salad to the fillet mignon with mushroom sauce to the grilled items).

All in all, I wouldn’t say it’s the most authentic Brazilian place I’ve been to, but it was good food nonetheless, especially when you’re in the mood for something hearty and when you’re dining with people with different tastes. The restaurant can be a bit loud and crowded on weekend nights, so you should make reservations, especially if you’re there with a big group.

shrimp stroganoff

excellent skirt steak. the pizza looked...

excellent skirt steak. the pizza looked delicious, i am def gonna try that next time. and this one outta all the other ones are open till 4am!

March 21, 2014

0 useful

Do38hmxmkr4loheje4axze
siacali

Bossa Nova  Restaurant Reviews

Bossa Nova is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Bossa Nova Restaurant Menu, Bossa Nova Restaurant Sunset, Bossa Nova Restaurant Pictures, Bossa Nova Sunset, Boston Nova Restaurant Hollywood, Bossa Nova West Hollywood, and Bossa Nova Restaurant Sunset Blvd.