816 S 5th St
Milwaukee, WI 53204-1729

Botanas

Neighborhoods: Walker's Point
Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Botanas is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Botanas Walkers Point

This restaurant is one of three Mexican restaurants on almost one city block. It advertizes itselft as “fine mexican dining”.
Though the choices are endless – the food was uninspiring. The prices are certainly on the low side – so it is a good value.

The place is HUGE — with lots of outdoor seating.

Oxaca Tamales

This dish consisted of two spicy pork and corn dough tamales wrapped in banana leaves. Also beans and rice as a side.

The corn dough was tasteless. The pork not so spicy.The beans and rice bland. It really was a disappointment.

However on a positive side, the chips and salsa were great as well as the margarita.

Service was great.

LeAnnJ photo

LeAnnJ

Best Salsa!

Hands down Botatas is my favorite Mexican restaurant in all of Milwaukee. I was there again recently for an impromptu Friday night get togehter and our party of five was seated very quickly – within 5 minutes of our arrival (probably around 7:00). Their menu has a wide variety of options – more so than you would find on other area menu’s and the food is very flavorful and fresh. The staff is always super friendly as well. Can’t say enough good things about Botanas!

Tacos Al Pastor

I was really looking to having some good pork tacos – unfortunately these did leave me wanting. The meat was not as flavorful as I would have liked and seemed to be overdone – was on the tough side and not very tender at all. The avocado and cilantro additions to the taco however were fantastic!

eryngo photo

eryngo

A step above the rest

Sometimes groups can be a challenge for servers… larger groups are a lot for one person to handle. But I was extremely impressed with the service at Botanas… we had one waitress for our group of eleven (on a Friday night, I might add). She was very friendly, patient, polite and efficient. We were never without a drink, our water glasses were always full, the chips and salsa baskets never went empty, our food came out quickly, empty plates were promptly cleared away. Anything we needed, we just had to ask. This was a wonderful experience with great service and great food… this is the place I will come to when I want authentic Mexican fare!

Psst… fantastic margaritas, and the pitchers are very reasonably priced!

Empanadas at Botanas

Empanadas

Nice and browned on the outside, perfectly seasoned, fantastic flavor. I would definitely order these again, but there are so many other things on this menu to explore…!

lvhiphop photo

lvhiphop

Quick service for a Saturday

Compared to some of the other popular Mexican restaurants in this area, we had a group of 6 people on a Saturday night yet we did not have to wait for a table!
Their margaritas are really strong so be prepared. But they have a great variety of different flavors both blended and on the rocks. All of the ones I’ve tried were yummy.
We had chips and salsa at our table within minutes of being seated and they were regularly refilled as needed.
The waiter was attentive and passed by often.
I ordered the carne asada tacos and they were very good.
Between the good service and the good food plus the very short wait, I’d recommend Botanas over some of the other competition in the area.

Carne Asada Tacos

The meat was tender and well seasoned. I love it with corn tortillas which they doubled up.

shreffz photo

shreffz

Delicious Food and Helpful Staff

I was with a group of 9 people. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Many of us had questions about the selections on the menu. He took the time to answer all of our questions and make suggestions as well.

I ordered the Pechuga de Pollo en Mole which is a grilled chicken breast covered with mole sauce and melted cheese. It comes with the usual beans and rice. It also comes with your choice of corn or flour tortillas.

I have a friend who is from Mexico and makes chicken with mole often. The dish I had at Botanas was very close to her recipe. I will order it again.

Pechuga de Pollo en Mole

This dish was very similar to the chicken with mole that my friend from Mexico makes. It was very good. I chose the poblano mole, which is made with chocolate and is not very spicy. There is a second mole that one can choose to have with this dish.

craemoret photo

craemoret

Ole!

The best mexican food around! And the best margaritas and strawberry daiquiris around. And the price….can’t beat it. Affordable and delicious. What more can you ask for. Don’t forget their outdoor patio in the summer. If you enjoy outdoor eating you’ll enjoy dining here. Don’t fill up on their chips and salsa. It’s easy to do and you won’t have room for our dish.

ginmuffin photo

ginmuffin

Botanas - yummy

I love Botanas, what more can I say. They have awesome mexican food. Yummy daiquiris and other drinks.

Enchaladas

Botanas has the best enchaladas! I love them.

Mexican Lunch Breakfast

Botanas  Restaurant Reviews

Botanas is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Botanas Recipe, Botanas Menu, Botanas Milwaukee Menu, Botanas Recipes, Botanas 2 Menu, Botanas Milwaukee, Botanas, and Las Botanas Milwaukee.