700 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90017-3813

Bottega Louie

(Between W 8th St and W 7th St)

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Breakfast, Vegan, Cafe

Bottega Louie is a Breakfast, Vegan, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 3/15/2021

A Breakfast chowhound from US tried it.

• 10/22/2014

A Breakfast chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

ThirstyPig photo

ThirstyPig

Almost too much bacon for breakfast . . .

Perhaps I should have made a few more visits to Bottega Louie, but with the suggestion of some friends, I knew I had to visit this place. The space occupies a prime 1st floor space on a corner in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles. When you walk in you notice why BL is the hottest restaurant in downtown LA. And I won’t say much more about Bottega Louie, except that I do highly recommend a visit for almost any occasion.

Breakfast was my meal of choice at Bottega Louie. I had the breakfast scramble with spinach & cheese with a side of bacon – your typical California morning meal. Mr. B had a bagel & lox. I felt my eggs and spinach were typical and was nothing to write home about. But the bacon I had was solid and thick-cut, almost too much of a good thing. I didn’t get to try the bagel & lox, unfortunately. I saw a nice offering of juices, pastries, and coffees, for those downtown power breakfast meetings.

I was able to mosey around the large airy restaurant to see the baked goods like cupcakes and muffins. Macaroons are the new “cupcakes” of a couple of years ago. You start to see them in more recipes, dessert combination’s, and menu’s. i would suspect that you’ll see them more and more in the coming months. And Bottega Louie had a smattering array of multi-colored macaroons

Scramble of the day

turtley photo

turtley

Irvine, CA
iPhone dining journal

Atmosphere: classy looking but unexpectedly...

Atmosphere: classy looking but unexpectedly loud for a nice restaurant.

Service: top notch. We asked them to rush the food since we had a whiskey tasting to attend and food came within 5 minutes. It was impressive.

Food: very good. The burra pizza was the best part. For an unique appetizer definitely try the portobello fries. Good macarons too.

Overall: If only it weren’t so loud itd be perfect but still an excellent experience.

Portobello fries

Strips of portobello fried in batter with dipping sauce. If you like mushrooms you have to try it.

AdrianYuen photo

AdrianYuen

Big place...great service, feels fancy but it's...

Big place…great service, feels fancy but it’s very down to earth…super food, even with such a large room to take care of…great marketplace!

Breakfast Vegan Takeout

Bottega Louie  Restaurant Reviews

Bottega Louie is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Bottega Louie, Louie Bottega Menu Restaurant Los Angeles Review, Louie Louie Los Angeles, Bottega Louie Breakfast Menu, Louie Bakery Los Angeles, Bottega Louie Delivery, Bottega Louie Downtown, Bottega Louie Menu, and Bottega Louie Bakery.