601 S Prairie Ave
Inglewood, CA 90301-2828

Bourbon Street Fish

Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Gluten Free

Bourbon Street Fish is a Seafood, Southern, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Cons
"The quality of the food is not consistent and I believe it's not fresh and oil taste old"
Comments
"The prices is high for the low-quality "
  • 12/22/2014

A Seafood chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
    Comments
    The prices is high for the low-quality
Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Soul Food Anyone?

Ok, I came here because of a http://restaurant.com GC I just picked up for 80% off. I really enjoy cajun food and I’v been looking for another great place that knows how to do fried catfish right. I’m really really bummed and wish that 5 C’s Louisiana Seafood in Covina was still open – I found them at the Long Beach Bayou Fest this past summer and thankfully got to eat there at lest twice before they closed down in July/Aug ’09.

APPEARANCE / AMBIANCE:
OMG! Its a converted gas station. It’s located on the corner, and someone is taking down what looks to be a christmas tree lot in front of the store front. Did someone say “nice casual place to bring a date”? Um, no! More like once you two are settled in after a few months, take her here, but this place isn’t going to woo her. Once you’re inside, you can clearly tell that the floor hasn’t been retouched since the last oil change/tune up was performed. Hmm, I’m afraid to go to the bathroom. I don’t usually frequent gas station bathrooms, so I’ll wait til we go to Borders later.

SERVICE:
Walking in, we see nothing but chairs stacked upside down on top of the tables. Hmm, is it closed? No…finally after a few moments, someone motions to us to have a seat. We wait forever until finally someone comes over to give us menus, but we barely got a glimpse of her face. She turned around so fast we practically missed her! I think I have a neck crick from craning around so much tonight hoping to catch eye contact with her to be able to ask 1) what is your house specialty, 2) what do you recommend, 3) what are you out of?, i.e. what CAN I order, etc etc etc.

The few times she did come by, we barely got in a word in edge wise. I barely got the info above from her. She never explained anything about the food, how it should be eaten (hello? do two asian people look like we know anything about eating cajun food?), and when we were about mid way through eating, she brought us our check. LOL, unbelieveable! No upselling by suggesting desserts? We’re in a fooding kinda mood. Hmm, your loss. Did I mention we came in here wielding a $25 http://restaurant.com GC, and we’re only looking at about a $20 balance from us? Girlfriend (my neck is rolling now), you NEED to get us to spend more money under the guise of customer service.

When I went up to the counter to ask for condiments with our food, I was told by a guy “she’ll bring it to you.” It was clear I was being dismissed. No, this place is definitely NOT going to chat you up.

Ok, my ex from NOLA thankfully prepared me well, so apparently it was up to me to request lemon slices and tabasco sauce because both the tartar sauce and the so called Louisiana Hot sauce provided were incredibly bland and generic tasting. Sigh…and it made me nervous that the tartar sauce was doled out in one of those tall plastic dispensers that you often see ketchup and mustard in. Hmm, it sat on our table the entire time of our meal. Um, it has mayo in it?

Once I made my concoction with the tabasco sauce and woke up my food with some lemon, it was finally READY to eat.

FOOD:
We ordered fried catfish and oysters along with hush puppies, seasoned fries and potato salad. Yep, no greens, lol..its all carbs and fried stuff on their menu. In order to meet the GC requirement, we ordered a shrimp popcorn appetizer too. Food portions are HUGE.

Served on black styro foam plates (see my comment above about this place NOT being a good date place). This is when we got our silverware, complete with ONE black plastic fork each.

The food is just ok. Its not the kind to have me jonesing for it from across town so that I’m willing to move heaven and earth (i.e. LA traffic) to get me some, know what I mean? When I saw my BFF Jim actually try to spice up his seasoned fries, yes, that pretty much sums it all up. To me, cajun food is best when its seasoned right. I shouldn’t have to make up for it with the condiments.

I"m telling you! That 5C’s Louisiana joint in Covina really did it right! THEIR catfish came to your table HOT from the frying pan. When I looked at it, it fell apart in anticipation of me enjoying it. It was sooo good by itself that I rarely dunked it in condiments. And the oysters? were ridiculously large and plump. Tasted so damn good that my cousins and I ordered back to back orders of the fried oysters. UGH!! But lemme get back to reviewing the food HERE AT THIS JOINT.

VERDICT: Meh, I’ve experienced WAY WAY better. The potato salad was dry and tasteless. They were out of gumbo, jumbalaya and crawfish (out of season) tonight.

PARKING (cuz the lack of it is one of my pet peeves): Great, they have a large lot in front, side and back. Kinda dark though, but I’m cool in the hood.

Fried Catfish and Oysters

The food is just ok

Seafood Southern Parking

Bourbon Street Fish  Restaurant Reviews

Bourbon Street Fish is located near the cities of Lennox, Windsor Hills, View Park, Los Angls Air Force Base, and View Park Windsor Hills.
People found this by searching for: Bourbon Street Fish Inglewood Ca, Bourbon Street Fish Inglewood Menu, Harbours St Fish In Inglewood, Bourbon Street Fish Menu, Bourbon Street Fish Inglewood Mardi Gra 2015, Bourbon Street Fish Inglewood Ca Menu, and Bourbon Street Fish.