2107 3rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121

Brasa

Neighborhoods: Belltown
Cuisine: Romantic, Mediterranean, Lunch

Brasa is a Romantic, Mediterranean, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 8/26/2015

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

excellent ambience and food!

I just got back from here. My friends and I did the 25 for $25 deal. All around, it was an excellent experience and I really enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere. No complaints here.

With the 25 for $25 we got 3 courses. Each of them had a very nice presentation and tasted excellent. I was happy with everything I ordered. Even my martini was great.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is a very cozy, warm feeling with dim lighting and a dark reddish/brown color theme. Classy and nicely decorated. Their lounge looked great too though we sat in the regular restaurant portion.

I would definetely recommend this place.

Tres Pomme

apply brandy and amaretto – very smooth!

Local Mussels

Delicious mussels in curry sauce with pita bread

Salmon

with potatoes

Chocolate Torte

With cayenne pepper sauce and whipped cream – it has some kick!

benwilde photo

benwilde

Fantastic all around!

I brought my fiancee here on a date and everything was amazing. We started with the carpaccio which was some of the best I’ve ever had. Our entrees were fantastic as well (the pork dish was tender and amazing, and the salmon was perfect as well). Dessert looked incredible, but we were stuffed.

The waitress was amazingly friendly and helpful, the decorations in the building were nice, and they gave us a little hand-dipped caramel with the check (which was pretty pricy, but well worth it).

Carpaccio

Quite pricy, but the best I’ve ever had. The truffle oil and fleur d’sel were amazing accents for the perfectly tender beef.

Roasted Pig

This is the signature dish. I didn’t know quite what to expect, and the dish was almost like a stew. It was very tasty… especially the chorizo.

asdefood photo

asdefood

Seattle, WA

fine basque-inspired dining in a relaxed atmosphere

I’ve been meaning to go have a regular dinner at Brasa for quite some time, having enjoyed their happy hour special (half off bar menu food with drink purchase) several times before. My wife and I went last night and had a good time. The restaurant was not busy but there were enough patrons to keep the large space feeling occupied. Our waiter was very punctual and suggested a good wine pairing to go with our meal (the wine by the glass menu is limited to 8 or so whites, reds, fewer bubblies).

As for the meal itself, we went with a pork belly small plate, plus beef short rib and Portuguese pig. I immediately regretted ordering the Portuguese pig, because even though there was nothing wrong with it, having the much more powerfully flavored pork belly first ruined its more subtle taste. The large plates were both quite filling, so we ended up powering through the Portuguese plate and didn’t finish the short rib.

Pork Belly

The pork belly had its skin seared for a slightly crispy texture, and was served on top of a sweet semolina pudding with candied walnuts. All the flavors went extremely well with each other, though following it up with the large plates proved to be difficult.

Portuguese Pig

A much less flavorful pork dish that proved to be a bad match with the pork belly (too much pig for one meal, I guess). My wife said that it tasted better the more she ate it, and she had the smaller half of the pork belly, so I wouldn’t condemn the dish on its own, but most of the flavor was in the soup. Besides a very large hunk of tender but essentially flavorless pork, the dish is served with clams (very good) and chorizo (again much more powerfully flavored than the actual pork).

Beef Short Rib

The beef short ribs did match the pork belly well, perhaps too well considering they were both very heavy. This dish came on top of couscous with dried fruits, almonds, sunchokes, and chocolate(!). We ended up eating only half since we originally wanted to get through the pig first before finishing the meal with it. However, it didn’t taste very good once cooled, and we were full by then anyway.

tomato photo

tomato

Seattle, WA

One of my favorite restaurants in Seattle

I have been here maybe 3 or 4 times during the time I’ve lived in Seattle. This is one of my favorite restaurants. The experience has been fantastic every time.

The food is ridiculously good. The service is wonderful, the atmosphere warm and intimate. I love Brasa.

The last time I went (maybe a month ago) I had the pork belly, and I honestly think that was the most delicious thing I’ve ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly, not underdone or overdone. Words cannot express how delicious it was. I also had the mussels, and it’s probably the second most delicious thing I’ve ever eaten. They weren’t at all fishy (my dining buddy doesn’t like seafood, but still LOVED these mussels) and came in an amazing, lightly spicy broth that we just couldn’t get enough of. It was unbelievable how delicious our food was!

Though, to be fair, we also ordered the fig pizzetta, which was good but not as amazing as the above two dishes, and the paella, which was burnt at the bottom! :-( So I wouldn’t recommend those. I’d probably recommend anything with pork; my third favorite dish is the time I had a pork stew (doesn’t seem to be on the menu anymore).

So yes, this place is fantastic!

Local Mussels

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

In a word: disappointing.

In a word: disappointing.

Three of us headed to Brasa last night for dinner. It was raining steadily outside, and initially it was quite lovely to walk into the warm-toned atmosphere and simply get out of the rain. Then, we stood there. For about 3 minutes. Which doesn’t seem like a long time, but when one is standing around in the middle of a restaurant dining room and there is no host/ess to be found, it seems like a loooooong time.

We were seated toward the back of the room in a beautiful large booth. Our waiter arrived within a minute to fill our water glasses and drop off menus. When a friend had a question about the presentation of one of the menu items (an appetizer: clams, chorizo, tomato, chickpeas, croutons), he appeared a bit stumped that there were clams on the menu, and then muddled through an explanation of how the dish was prepared. We finally learned that the clams were broth-based, and went forward from there.

We decided to forgo appetizers and salads to ensure adequate room was saved for dessert. I ordered scallops with quinoa in a fennel and citrus sauce, my friends ordered the Portuguese pig (clams, chorizo, bay scented potato, smoked paprika) and mussels (heirloom beans, caramelized sweet onion, crostini). The scallops were properly cooked, but one of the three (yes, only three little scallops arrived on my plate) had a distinctly fishy taste that told me it was past its prime. The quinoa was excellent with an earthy, nutty flavor; well-complemented by the citrus sauce. I was a bit undone at the cost of almost $10 per scallop, but sometimes that happens when dining out and I just know that for the future I don’t need to order that particular dish again at Brasa. The mussels were apparently quite good, nothing really stood out that made the taste buds sing. The Portuguese pig was very salty and the salt overshadowed the rest of the ingredients to the point of overwhelming the entire dish.

Onward to dessert! We decided to try the molten chocolate cake with chocolate Chantilly. The cake arrived sharing the plate with what appeared to be a puddle of melted chocolate ice cream (I’ll be honest, I was thinking “What’s with the goop on the plate?”) topped with candied orange peels. I later learned that Chantilly loosely translates into whipped cream, so we had chocolate cake with chocolate whipped cream. The cake was really, really good. As a lover of most things gooey, I sunk right into enjoying the molten loveliness. The Chantilly, well, it tasted like melted chocolate ice cream and actually took away from the overall presentation on the plate. The candied orange peels did not escape scrutiny and came up a bit bitter, as though the peel used was from a not-yet-ripe orange.

Overall, there are so many amazing spots in Seattle for dining that I doubt we’ll be back to Brasa. In fact, we’re thinking that next week we’ll head for Icon Grill instead, where the decor is more interesting and the food is consistently good.

MS Prime Romantic Downtown

Kirkland, WA

B4o9ywh6wr244babblkses
stumax

Brasa  Restaurant Reviews

Brasa is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Brasa At 2107 Third Ave. Seattle, Wa 98121, Brasa Restaurant Seattle Menu, Brasa Seattle Restaurant, Brasa Roti, Belltown Seattle Basque Food, Belltown Resteraunt Brasa, Belltown Restaurants Yelp, and Brasa Restaurant Seattle.