5001 Monroe St
Toledo, OH 43623-3603

Bravo Cucina Italiana

Neighborhoods: Franklin Park
Cuisine: Italian, European, Mediterranean

Bravo Cucina Italiana is a Italian, European, and Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 1/09/2019

An Italian food lover from Toledo, OH tried it.

• 2/11/2016

A dining patron from Sylvania, OH tried it.

• 1/11/2014

An Italian food lover from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

MexiVeggie photo

MexiVeggie

Toledo, OH

Pretentious and artificial

This restaurant is terrible. It’s overpriced, pretentious, and as unauthentic as it comes. I was looking at their menu and as a vegetarian I was expecting to have some decent options at an Italian restaurant. Boy was I wrong. First thing they do is give me a greasy menu and a SMALL dish of bread and some gross oil and herb vinaigrette to dip it in. That was OK but seriously with 15+ dollar entrees I can go to Olive Garden and do better. My waiter was 7 foot tall and the booths were seated so low he had to squat to take my order. Disappointed with the menu options for vegetarians I succumbed to ordering a regular cheese pizza. The price was 10 dollars for a thin crust pizza that tasted ok, but I could have gotten the same out of the freezer section at the grocery store for less or 2 pizzas for the price I paid from my favorite pizza joint (after tax and tip). My girlfriend ordered a 9 dollar espresso martini that tasted like it was loaded with coffeshop flavorings, and some weird tortellinis and they were ok too but looking at our 40 dollar bill I was in total shock. I know this may make me sound like a tightwad but you have to understand that in Toledo you have so many restaurant choices that the price of entrees generally means that if you pay 10 dollars or more it’s going to be huge and it’s going to be good. None of this food was great and none of it was worth ANYWHERE NEAR what they were charging for it. The ambiance in this restaurant is full of fake “Italian” pillars and weird pictures and it’s supposed to resemble some sort of Roman ruins. The only ruin was this restaurant experience. My booth seat was sunken in from many an obese customer and I had to find the sweet spot to even get comfortable. As I was looking at my greasy menu while trying very hard not to touch it I noticed that a lot of their pastas boasted that they used Barilla Plus whole wheat pasta. Well, kudos for not using enriched flour but egads you can buy that stuff for like $1.50 a pound at the grocery store. For 12 bucks an entree make fresh pasta like a real authentic Italian restaurant that you claim to be. It’s not that hard. Watch the Food Network and get a Kitchen Aid, You can do it! Lastly I will mention that after eating an entire 12 inch thinnest crust pizza ever I was going for my girlfriend’s entree because I was still hungry. For the price their portions are tiny and that is why I say that this restaurant is terribly pretentious to believe that people want to pay premium prices for store-bought, bland food that they can easily make themselves at home, and better. On the positive side I will say that the service was good and the food came out quickly. It doesn’t take long to make a pizza that is 1/16" thick after all though. I don’t see how this restaurant can stay open long. The value factor of dining at Bravo’s just isn’t there. I could have eaten twice at my favorite restaurant for the price of this ill fated trip and actually left with a full belly and a smile on my face. Never again. This restaurant is charging 4 star prices for 2 star fare. I ended up going next door to the Claddagh for desert. Galway Hooker for the win. I wasn’t going to give these guys another dime of my money and I won’t be returning. If you want Italian go to Olive Garden or Spaghetti Warehouse, both of which are 10x more authentic, and cheaper, before you waste your time at Bravo.

Pepperoni Classico Pizza

I got this dish minus the peperoni and banana peppers (because banana peppers are SO italian). Judging by the fact that they don’t use fresh pasta for the price they charge for a plate of spaghetti ( 12.95) I could have probably expected mechanically separated meat in my peperoni anyway. This dish was expensive, small, unsatisfying and unexceptional in every way. Order pizza from a pizza joint before you spring for this crapper. I was hoping for a more Italian style pizza and instead got a Chucky Cheezer. Gordon Ramsay would call this a dog’s dinner.

Italian Bad Good For Kids

Bravo Cucina Italiana  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Bravo's Toledo Ohio, .Memu Bravo Toledo,Ohio, Park Bravo Online, Bravo Franklin Park Toledo, Bravo Italian Toledo, Bravo Restaurant Toledo Ohio, Bravo Menu, and Bravos Restaurant Toledo Ohio.