75 Pleasant St
Portsmouth, NH 03801-4504

Brazo

Cuisine: Fine Dining, Latin American, Eclectic

Brazo is a Fine Dining, Latin American, and Eclectic restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Fish tacos"
  • 11/22/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 8/07/2013

A dining patron from Hampton, NH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fish tacos
discern photo

discern

Portsmouth, NH

Tasty food, but lacking in Latin flavor.

This is a restaurant with a supposedly Latin flavor, but, if that is the goal, the flavor is off. The Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Empanadas appetizers were quite tasty, but a bit light on the Latin flavor.

For the main course, I debated between the churrascos and the New York Strip, and for whatever reason went with the steak. While it was advertised as being topped with a “smoky Rioja reduction,” I had a hard time noticing that. Where was the Latin flavor? My girlfriend chose the Chile Relleno, and after trying a bit of hers, I discovered where the Latin flavor was hiding; it was all crammed into that chile relleno—and not in a tasty way. There was far too much cumin in that dish. One bite of the rice left me with a dry, cumin aftertaste that lasted for several bites of steak, which, by the way, was excellent. This was one of the most perfectly cooked steaks I’ve ever had, but again, it was lacking in the flavors that it seems to me it should have had. This was probably a good thing in the end, because that steak saved the meal—and this review. Unfortunately, my girlfriend’s relleno didn’t, so I must drop this rating to (three and a half rounded up to) four stars out of five.

Maybe the chefs will do a little experimentation and bring the flavors in line—or maybe this great idea will go the way of the previous two restaurants that have occupied this building in the past four years.

Eco photo

Eco

A big disappointment

I was so excited to try this restaurant. How great it would be for Portsmouth to have a great new ethnic restaurant. It is owned by the same women that own Green Monkey across the street. My meal was similar to what I experienced at the Green Monkey. I ordered the chili relleno, and the flavors were completely overpowering to the natural flavors of the ingredients. And to top it off, all of the flavors didn’t really mesh well together. My main course and our appetizer, the empanadas, were too heavy on the garlic. I gave it three stars because my boyfriend liked his steak, although he always likes his steak. My wine was pretty good, too. The restaurant is really pricey, but our waitress was nice and helpful.

Chickiesgirl photo

Chickiesgirl

Perfectly Prepared and Served

I was invited by an associate of mine to have dinner on a Thursday evening in Portsmouth, NH. We picked Brazos, which is a relatively new restaurant . It,s theme is Latin food.My friend started off with a nice Cabernet and I had a cosmopolitan that was fantastic.Our apps. were blue crab salad, fried oysters and a nice arugula salad. The starter rolls were served with a unique side of olives and spices diced and ready to spread on the bread. The oysters were presented in a pleasing and tasty display. The blue crab salad was fresh and enjoyable. The house special was Pinon Lasagna. My friend said it was very good and fresh. I had the skirt steak which I deem to be the best beef i had ever had. Served perfectly at my request of medium rare. Nancy ordered the salmon. It was very fresh and very tasty. The atmosphere is pleasant. The decor has a flair of sophistication and a Latin like feel. The menu is unique as are the flavors that abound in each dish that we ate. The servers are friendly and attuned to their customers. I love this place. It is something that this beautiful town needs. We have over 200 restaurants that have become complacent and static. There is room for growth in this city. Brazos proves you can always do better…

Pinon Lasagna

Well put together flavors and presentation

Fine Dining Latin American Eclectic

Brazo  Restaurant Reviews

Brazo is located near the cities of Kittery, New Castle, and Kittery Point.
People found this by searching for: Brazos Restaurant Portsmouth Nh, Brazo Portsmouth Nh Menu, Brazo Restaurant Portsmouth Nh, Brazos Portsmouth, Brazo Portsmouth, Brazo Portsmouth Nh, Brazos Portsmouth Nh, Brazo Restaurant Portsmouth, Nh, and Fine Dining Portsmouth Nh.