2000 E Dixon Blvd
Shelby, NC 28152-6958

Bridges Barbecue Lodge

Cuisine: BBQ, Breakfast, Gluten Free

Bridges Barbecue Lodge is a BBQ, Breakfast, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 8/31/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 8/20/2014

A BBQ chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

SearchOf photo

SearchOf

Columbia, SC

Vinegar at it's Best

I have had the good fortune of being born to one of the prevalent founding (Beam) families of Shelby. Unfortunately, I only get a chance to visit Shelby during family reunions. For that reason alone, I have had the good fortune of coming across one of the hidden secrets of the Kings Mountain Realm.

You are just going to have to trust me on this one! Bridges barbeque is legendary. I am not sure whether it is the sauce, or the red slaw – or possibly both, but the two together are inextricably the best flavor in barbeque! For the record, I come from Columbia, SC – where mustard and ketchup based barbeque are king. I have also lived in Texas – home of the brisket.

I would suggest that you get the sliced (not chopped) variety.

By the way, if you want a real testament, my kids loved the barbeque sandwiches. Since I alos love them, we are having to ration portions in my household.

By the way, get there early – because they run out!!!

Red Slaw

Alchemy at its best – the red slaw, is the crowning touch – with or without the bun!

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Local Institution for Good BBQ

Bridges has been around a long time – locals and travelers going up and down 74 have had this option for years. Family owned -
Over 60-some years – they still slow cook the pork and “do it right”.
Our last trip, we stopped in to be sure it’s still as good as it “was” – and it definitely is. Service still A-1 and the food (if you have taste for this style BBQ) is superb. There’s a difference of opinion sometimes on what the “style” is…some call it “Piedmont style” – some call it Western NC style – I just call it Bridges-style (kind of combination of vinegary & tomatoey …

Red Slaw

This “red slaw” is an acquired taste (especially if you’re used to the mayo-kind or even the chopped cabbage/lemon kind) – It’s good stuff if your palate appreciates it! (you either love it or hate it!)

Jumbo Bbq Plate

Husband had this with fries and red slaw. Chunks of tender BBQ – great flavor.

Regular BBQ plate

Same as husbands, just slightly smaller quantity. Tender, great flavor. Fries and red slaw.

Hush Puppies Large

Wonderful, cruncy – we split an order. (I call them “corn dodgers”)

Great Service and Fantastic Food!

Busy Sunday afternoon and room at the bar seats for one was perfect for my meal and down time to read directions on my new camera. The food was quick, fresh and hot! Dessert to go was awesome – apple cobbler.

11/13/2019

A dining patron from US tried Cotton's Seafood Restaurant.

11/10/2019

A diner from Hollywood, FL tried Jackson's Cafeteria of Shelby.

10/06/2019

An American chowhound from US tried Ken & Mary's.

9/25/2019

A dining patron from Grover, NC tried Bolton's Grill.

9/13/2019

A dining patron from Shelby, NC tried Upscale Soulfood Restaurant.

9/07/2019

A Seafood food lover from Shelby, NC tried Kelly's Seafood.

8/18/2019

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried Chen's Fusion.

7/03/2019

A dining patron from US tried Ken & Mary's.

6/24/2019

A diner from Mooresville, NC tried Bojangle's.

6/06/2019

An American chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried Taste-T-Drive-In, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

BBQ Breakfast Takeout

Bridges Barbecue Lodge  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Bridges Bbq Shelby Nc Menu, Alston Bridges Bbq Menu, Bridges Bbq Menu, Bridges Bbq Lodge Menu Shelby, Bridges Barbecue Lodge Shelby, Bridges Barbeque Menu, and Bridges Barbecue Rib Menu Shelby Nc.