12217 Ne 116th St
Kirkland, WA 98034-8103

Brown Bag Cafes

Neighborhoods: Totem Lake
Cuisine: Breakfast, Brunch, American

Brown Bag Cafes is a Breakfast, Brunch, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"HUGE portions. You can split with a buddy & go away satisfied. It is the best lunch/ breakfast restaurant in Western Washington! I've never eaten anything off the menu in 15 years that wasn't PERFECT. "
"The hash browns were delicious"
Cons
"ALWAYS SLAMMED & you usually wait 10-15 minutes. Because the food & service are consistently fabulous. "
"HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT/OWNER. They treat their employees horribly. "
  • 2/26/2016

Cynthiab4 tried it, liked it, and rated it . Cynthiab4 liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/02/2014

A Breakfast food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/09/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 9/12/2013

A Breakfast food lover from Lynnwood, WA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    The hash browns were delicious
    Cons
    HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT/OWNER. They treat their employees horribly.
  • 4/05/2013

A Breakfast food lover from US tried it and liked it.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Buy one meal and get leftovers for days

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Came here for a late brunch and found the service to be a bit rushed (granted, it was later in the afternoon). The food was predictably decent, but not outstanding, and I ended up only having 1/3rd of my meal and taking the rest home.

The quantity of food makes it a great deal if you’re ok with leftovers. =)

Italian Omelette

Huge omelette with a huge amount of hash browns. The Italian sausage and feta cheese added made this more interesting than the average omelette.

justin photo

justin

Stuffed and sleepy

If you’re hungry, come here. If you hope to be productive afterwards, don’t come here. The food is good but you’ll need a nap afterwards. They pile on the hashbrowns and there’s all you can eat toast (yes, that’s alot of carbs).

You’ve been warned!

Brown Bag Corned-Beef Hash

Lots of meat and lots of potatoes – the cornerstone of any fine breakfast.

bluerhapsodies photo

bluerhapsodies

Redmond, WA

i don't find the food to be that great

but i also find myself going there a lot. i think it is because there are not a lot of cafe brunch options on the east side.

light-fare combo at Brown Bag Cafes

light-fare combo

the choice to make if you’re opting for not getting stuffed

ichikoo photo

ichikoo

Seattle, WA

Lots of food for a good price

The amount of food they used to give was monstrous. Now, it’s a bit more reasonable, but I still always get full. Remember that it’s all you can eat toast if you get a toast! And no cellphones please!

Biscuit and Gravy at Brown Bag Cafes

Biscuit and Gravy

Not sure of the exact cost, but it’s pretty good.

chanman photo

chanman

Bellevue, WA

Huge portions, nothing special?

I’m not a huge fan of breakfast as I’m not a morning person! However when I am forced to be awake early or have to go out for breakfast, I’m a big fan for omlettes, croissants, and eggs benedict.

When I came here yesterday, was for breakfast with some friends who came back to Seattle for the weekend and wanted American breakfast and American portion so we went here… It was my first time, not knowing what to order, I ordered the “Farmer”, which was ridiculously large in portion, oily and extremely fatty! Not my ideal diet to start off the day.

I finished the omlette portion, leaving the rest of the dish untouched and boxed to go. Did I mention the portions were HUGE?! Not just mine but the dished my friend’s ordered were HUGE too for example one of them ordered the cinnamon swirl dish and it’s not small like the ones from Sharis, these are almost double the size!

Service was 4/5 stars it’s better than average. Our server was attentive and frequently checked on us and asked if we needed anything.

I did not take photos of the food as it was not worthy of space in my phone. However I did take one photo of the front of the menu which reads, “No Cell Phones Please: If you are so important that you have to talk on the phone while in a restaurant, then you shouldn’t be eating here! Mute the ringer please.”

This restaurant isn’t fancy, it’s no different in terms of ambience wise as lil john’s or sharis, or dennys. However I can understand the rule if the ambience was like snoqualmie’s salish lodge.

I hope my review was helpful and you will find a good restaurant for breakfast.

Justmetwo57 photo

Justmetwo57

Bothell, WA

Think twice before going here!!

Think twice before going here as this place has gone down hill. We use to go here all the time for breakfast but have given up. The service isn’t just slow, it’s extremely slow. You don’t dare put anything on the floor as the carpets are dirty and very worn. The food was served at room temperature and was at best OK. The toast for all meals was served black…not just around the edges but black all over. Our waitress disappeared and was not seen until another waitress flagged her down for us which by this time we just wanted to pay the bill and leave. When I called in later in the day to speak to the manager they hung up on me. When I called back a second time asking for the manager she asked what I wanted and when I said I wanted to discuss the service I received earlier in the day, I was told the manager was no longer available.

Breakfast Brunch American
Sun-Sat 06:30AM - 12:00AM
Romio's Pizza & Pasta

Catering in Totem Lake

Dinner Delivery Plus

Deli in Totem Lake

Brown Bag Cafes  Restaurant Reviews

Brown Bag Cafes is located near the cities of Houghton, Juanita, Totem Lake, Beaux Arts Village, and Hunts Point.
People found this by searching for: Brown Bag Cafe Menu Kirkland, Brown Bag Cafe Kirkland Menu, Totem Lake Breakfast, Brown Bag Totem Lake, Brown Bag Cafe, Brown Bag Cafe Menu, Brown Bag Cafe/Totem Lake, Wa, Brown Bag Cafe Kirkland, and Brown Bag Cafe Totem Lake.