1000 Osage St

BJMeltz photo

BJMeltz

Niskayuna, NY

Overpriced, Poorly Prepared

I didn’t like anything about this place. I was expecting game meat. Instead, I was served unidentifiable chunks in an overpowering sauce they called rattlesnake. The hard, dry, flavorless, breaded nuggets were alligator, or so the menu said. I couldn’t tell. All I tasted was breading and old cooking oil. The portions were tiny, but offset by mountains of cold, brittle things they called Saratoga Chips. The prices are absolutely appalling for the tiny servings of bad food. I abandoned almost everything on my plate and went to Taco Bell, which seemed to be an improvement for “exotic food” that evening.

Rattlesnake

I didn’t actually taste any rattlesnake. All I could taste was the chipolte sauce it had been drwned in.

Alligator

Absolutely terrible. Hard bread lumps allegedly hiding a morsel of alligator meat somewhere inside.

Elk

This was the only semi-decent item served, with nice garlic butter sauce.

Moose

Severely over-cooked, dry, and flavorless. This might have been nice had it been prepared with any care at all.

Steakhouse American Outdoor seating
Tips
  • There are two free lots on the north and west side of the restaurant.
  • Request table 21 or 22--the ones with cushiony, oversized chairs.
  • If you try the infamous Rocky Mountain oysters, get them with horseradish to help them down.
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 09:30PM
Sat 05:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun 04:00AM - 09:00PM
Juice Kitchen

Smoothies in Lodo

Heidi's Brooklyn Deli Soup

Deli in Central East Denver

Buckhorn Exchange  Restaurant Reviews

Buckhorn Exchange is located near the cities of Alamo Placita and Glendale.
People found this by searching for: Denver Steakhouse Exotic Meat, Buckhorn Steakhouse, Buckhorn Steakhouse Denver, The Buckhorn Exchange In Denver, Co, Buckhorn Exchange Man Vs Food, Buckhorn Exchange Denver, and Alligator Meat Denver.