2401 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108-3701

Bully's East

Neighborhoods: Mission Valley East
Cuisine: American, Traditional, Kid's Menu

Bully's East is a American, Traditional, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/12/2020

A dining patron from Hollister, CA tried it and liked it.

• 3/26/2018

A dining patron from La Mesa, CA tried it.

• 10/05/2017

An American chowhound from San Diego, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 11/19/2016

A dining patron from Escondido, CA tried it.

• 12/11/2015

A diner from Coronado, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

lovestoeatout123 photo

lovestoeatout123

Bully's Blew Me Away

Last Thursday my husband and I chose to spend our second anniversary at Bully’s East. We arrived, just in time to enjoy happy hour before our dinner reservation. The atmosphere was dim and cozy. There was a lot of sports memorabilia, it was neat to see little pieces of history throughout the restaurant. There were flat-screens everywhere, it would be a great place to watch sports events.
We ordered: steamed clams, cheesy jalapeno bread and a shrimp cocktail from a cute, little blonde cocktail waitress. The clams were fresh and there were a lot of them, I really enjoyed the garlic broth that they were served in. The jalapeno cheesy bread was really good but slightly spicy, a little bit of ranch helped to balance it out. The shrimp cocktail came with five huge shrimp and a delicious horseradish cocktail sauce. For drinks we had me: an antioxidant-a fruity, refreshing martini, my husband: a Belvedere martini up, extra dirty, with two olives.
By the time that we sat down for dinner we were already half-full. We were greeted by a sweet young lady named Amy, She told us great news, we had come in on a good night because it was “wine therapy Thursday” which meant that all of the bottles of wine on the menu were half priced. I flipped the menu over and was surprised to see that they had my favorite wine, Uppercut Cabernet Sauvignon. We ordered a bottle and then took a few minutes to decide on dinner. I ordered the 16oz bone-in Ribeye, medium rare with grilled onions and a large side of sauteed mushrooms for my husband and I to share. For sides I went with the classic, fully loaded baked potato and a wedge salad to start with. The wedge salad was amazing, the Bleu cheese dressing was nice and chunky, like I like it. My husband ordered a full-cut 22oz piece of Bully’s famous prime-rib…..which was not the biggest option that they offer! They have a 38oz beast cut, now that’s a lot of meat! My hubby got his meat cooked rare and chose garlic mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus for his sides. He asked the waitress for a side of raw horseradish with his dinner. He was blown away when the waitress told him that he could also add a delicious horseradish crust to his prime-rib if he wanted to. His eyes lit up because he loves spicy food. :)
The Ribeye was one of the most flavorful steaks that I have had in a really long time. I could not finish all of it and plus I wanted to save room for dessert so I boxed it up so that I could have steak and eggs in the morning. Steak and eggs, always starts my day off right. My husbands prime-rib was extremely tender and flavorful. There is no other prime-rib like this in San Diego. The horseradish crust was a brilliant, flaky complement to the meat. Bully’s has definitely perfected their recipes over the past 40 years!
For dessert, yes, believe it or not we still had room for dessert! We ordered a creme brulee and a pint sundae. The creme brulee was heavenly, creamy. The pint sundae was everything that a woman could ask for in a dessert: lots of vanilla ice-cream, banana and pineapple pieces, miniature brownies, lots of fudge and to die for salted caramel. It was the perfect ending, to a perfect night. The service was extremely efficient and enjoyable, the food was excellent. This will hopefully be the beginning of a new Thursday night ritual for me and my husband.

Iatetoomuch photo

Iatetoomuch

Deliciousness!!

This place is great! They have a great happy hour 4:30-7, then 10-midnight. Most of the apps are half off and the drinks are cheap too! My buddies and I enjoy hitting it up after a long day of golf. The service is really goo too. There are a bunch of cute girls that work there, so it makes dining there even better! Bully’s is known for their prime rib. I love the prime rib bits for an appetizer and the seared ahi is so good too. They always have sports on the t.v.‘s which gives the place a cool atmosphere. If you haven’t been, then what are you waiting for?!?!

Prime Rib bits

Tender, juicy and flavorful!

Nicole_L photo

Nicole_L

BULLY'S IS AWESOME!!!!!

My friends & I went to the State game & wanted to find somewhere to continue the party & eat. I was surprised when my friend suggested Bully’s because I assumed it wouldn’t be ‘fan friendly’. TOTALLY the opposite!!! Right when we walked in we saw a sea of Black & Red & there was sports memorabilia all over the place along w flat screens everywhere. Even better than the lively Friday night crowd was the amazing late night Happy Hour that last till closing. Gotta love a HH that doesn’t stop before the party does! We ordered blackened prime rib bits (best I have EVER tasted), seared ahi, & baked brie. Everything was so good & I liked that there was a huge range of items to choose from. Our server suggested a new beer on the menu, Magic Hat, which is now my new fave! On the way to the restrooms I noticed that the other half of the restaurant was full of couples & families dining. My friend later told me that Bully’s is family owned, which explains the cozy feel of the joint (completely dislike the cheesy corporate type places) . Total plus knowing this place appeals to ALL customers (bringing my parents in asap!). I was impressed to see that they also have a Facebook page that provided so much more info. Great prices, delicious food, friendly staff… HIGHLY recommended to everyone!

b_dephilippis photo

b_dephilippis

This is how Prime Rib is done

If you love a good steakhouse Bully’s is the place to go! This establishment has been around for 40 years, family owned & has always been a reputable place. I came in for lunch with a couple business partners and were happy to not only be greeted right away by their friendly attractive hostess (which I must add, so was our server), but also a handshake from the manager. It was a Wednesday & our server let us know that every Wednesday, all day, is their 11oz prime special that came w fries, a salad, AND dessert for only $15.95! So much food and everything was really good. Coming from a family who has been in the business for the past 60 years here in San Diego, I know that this is one of the last
places to find the perfect cut of aged prime rib (they way it should be done!), and at a reasonable price. Needless to say, my partners and I left full and satisfied. Our server also informed us of their weekend ‘Game Day’ brunch specials. Great service, atmosphere, & food. Definitely coming back to Bully’s to cheer on my team. GO CHARGERS!!!!

Wednesday Prime Rib Special

AMAZING!

eatdrinklove photo

eatdrinklove

San Diego, CA

What a Great Experience at Bully's East!!

On Friday night, I remembered LAST MINUTE that it was my dad’s birthday! (What an awful daughter, I know) But anyways, I immediately called him up and told him I had dinner reservations all set up and would pick him up around 6pm. THEN I called Bully’s East (His favorite restaurant) and explained the situation to the hostess who was so understanding and told me they would have a booth in the dining room ready for us at 6:30pm.

Well at 6:15pm (after a frantic rush to the store for balloons and a present) my dad and I arrived at Bully’s East. We were greeted by an adorable, blonde hostess who told us that our table was ready and that she could seat us right away, or if we wanted to we could take advantage of the happy hour drinks and appetizers at the bar. We chose to see what they had on happy hour since we were a little bit early anyways!

They had such GREAT happy hour speacials that we had never even noticed after years of coming to Bully’s East! We were promptly helped by another cute, blonde cocktail server who recommended that we try the Calamari Strips and Baked Brie. (Both were AMAZING!) My dad ordered the usual Karl Straus and I ordered the Dirty Bleu Martini. I LOVE bleu cheese olives!

Once we finished happy hour, the cocktail server let the hostess know, and they took us directly to our booth in the dining room as promised. We were told our server would be with us shortly, and moments later she arrived with a smile on her face, water, and bread!! She told us about the fish specials, nightly specials, soup of the night, and seasonal vegetables! Then she took our drink order: an Antioxidant and another Karl Straus (my dad is a creature of habit)!! We spent a few minutes talking over drinks and looking over the menu. We eventually decided on a Full Cut Prime Rib for 2 which comes with four sides! My dad chose a baked potato with EVERYTHING (Its his birthday) and asparagus. I chose anapotatoes and broccoli. They even split it onto two plates for us! The food came out quick and HOTT!

We decided on a bottle of the Uppercut Cabernet to go along with dinner, recommended by our knowledgable server who presented, opened, and poured our bottle with finesse. She even gave us a brief history on the bottle!!

Our server was very attentive and friendly throughout the meal, and we never felt neglected! AND the best part came as we were finishing up our prime rib!! Our server came and cleared our plates, only to return with a carrot cake topped with a glowing blue candle!! I had completely forgot to mention to the server that it was my dad’s birthday, but the hostess had remembered and told the server!! The look on my dad’s face was priceless (Especially since carrot cake is his FAVORITE!!) We were both pleasantly surprised, even though I tried to act like I had planned it!! The server said Happy Birthday and even wrote it again on the check!!

My dad shared a few bites of his carrot cake, opened his present, and we finished the Uppercut. It ended up being one of the best birthdays I have ever spent with my dad. He is still talking about what a nice evening we had almost a week later! I never expect anything less from Bully’s and I am never disappointed!!

Full Cut for 2 Prime Rib

Bully’s East has THE BEST PRIME RIB IN SAN DIEGO. Hands down. My dad and I came here for his birthday and shared the Full cut for 2 Prime Rib which comes with FOUR sides! We were so satisfied and FULL when we left, they could have rolled us all the way home!! Their Prime Rib is all from the Mid-west and corn-fed, at least that’s what the server said when we asked how the prime rib is so flavorful! They have so many delicious sides to choose from and all of their vegetables are always fresh and so yummy!! Highly recommend!!

StefanyG photo

StefanyG

San Diego, CA

Great place to watch the game!

My BF & I came here Sunday after the Charger game! The place was packed and everyone was happy. They had alot of great football/weekend food specials (wings, sliders, etc) going on. As well as drink specials(bloody marys, margaritas, lightening bolts)-lots of $4 ones!
One of the employees told us about the Wednesday night special. I guess you get an 11 oz prime rib with a salad, fries, and a dessert. All for like $16! So I think were going back in there tonight….

Prime Rib bits

AWESOME PRIME RIB!!!!!!!!!!!! Fun, but relaxed atmosphere...

AWESOME PRIME RIB!!!!!!!!!!!! Fun, but relaxed atmosphere. Supposedly for sport’s fans, but didn’t seem to be over the top to me. Pricey to try to go every week, but I will be back here. It closes at 12:15am! Yay another late night restaurant for SD!

American Reservations Traditional
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 12:15AM
Sun,Sat 10:00AM - 12:15AM

Bully's East  Restaurant Reviews

Bully's East is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Bully's East Happy Hour Menu, Bullys East Menu Prices, Bullys East Reviews, Bully's East, Bullys East, Best Dishes To Order At Bully East, Bullys Happy Hour, and San Diego Bullys Mission Valley.