3200 W. Lake St.
Minneapolis, MN 55416

Burger Jones

Neighborhoods: Cedar-Isles-Dean
Cuisine: American, American Burgers, Pub Food

Burger Jones is a American, American Burgers, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

chrisd1 photo

chrisd1

Saint Cloud, MN

Had a Nooner...

Been wanting to try Burger Jones since it opened. Was finally able to last week. It’s part of the Parasole Restaurant Group. I like the quirkiness of the menu and the staff’s attire (which is also for sale at the front door). I was pressed for time so I just ordered the lunch special….the BJ Nooner…. (remember the quirkiness??) It was a cheeseburger and fries… the meat had a great taste and the bun (although a little big) was fantastic. Burger Jones and most of the rest of the Parasole restaurants have their breads custom-baked at the local Parasole bakery. Loved the fresh-cut, skin on, thin fries. Can’t wait to get back when I have more time.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Burger Jones? Burger moans...

From day one I was skeptical. Stopped in one day to find there was an hour wait. Decided on Punch Pizza instead and found out later that if you’re going to spend 10+ on a meal in that area choose Punch.

I shouldn’t say it was all bad (that one day we finally got in), but if I had to choose a place for a burger, Burger Jones wouldn’t be on the top of my list. I’ve been there now a total of three times and after my last visit I probably will not return.

The allure of this place is apparent. It’s cool, trendy, uptown-y. All things that I am not, thus it makes sense why we aren’t best friends. The burgers aren’t horrible, they are just too expensive for what you get. The real deal breaker for me was the poutine. For those of you who don’t know what poutine is, it’s a pile of fries, greasy, sometimes cheese and other things, but most importantly GRAVY! I was more than ecstatic to see this on the Jones’ menu, but after a few bite I was sent on a harsh trip back to reality. Maybe that’s why MN doesn’t do poutine. The middle was cold, the fries were tough and crunchy (not in a good way), and the gravy left little to be desired.

I might go back to have a beer and sit on the patio, but even then all you get is a view of the BP across the street. I will most likely not make an effort to get back to Burger Jones anytime soon. However, Tom of Outrageous Foods, made the Burger Jones challenge look pretty cool. Who am I kidding? I’m not competitive food eater, but a girl can dream, can’t she?

L080100 photo

L080100

Owatonna, MN

Awesome, Awesome burger!

I am not Sure what the other two reviewers were thinking, but this place was awesome! I had the black and blue burger with a pint of Dead Guy Ale, and it was GREAT. My wife had the bacon cheeseburger and fries. The cheesecurds we had for an app were incredible! We certainly didn’t mind shelling out $50+ for a meal here! If you want hand formed, never frozen patties on a house made bun, this is the place.

We didn’t have poor service as the other reviewers indicated. Thanks Burger Jones!

Black and Blue burger

Bacon Cheeseburger

teresan69 photo

teresan69

Minneapolis, MN

Does not live up to the HYPE...

A couple co workers of mine & I decided to try Burger Jones as we were craving a greasy yummy burger, as soon as we walked in they sat us at our table and when we started reading the menu my friend had made a comment about the overhead..To make a long story short, I will NOT be going back to this place. If you want a good burger, I would suggest going elsewhere, I ended up paying 30.00 for two burgers, one order of fries and two sodas, we were all reading our tab and couldn’t believe that our burgers were $10.00 which didn’t include the cheese unless it was the government cheese, and you didn’t get fries with the burgers either. The taste of the burgers was not anything I would rave about, in fact, I told my friend that the next time we want a burger we are going to Five Guys in Edina. Next time I want burger and fries, I’ll go to McDonalds. I don’t think this place will stay open much longer as the prices are thru the roof and the food was not that good. I also did not want to even give this place one star but I had to in order to publish this review..

fuhrmann photo

fuhrmann

poor - pretentious - expensive

Quality: poor
Price: very high
Atmosphere: pretentious
Customer Service: poor

I have rarely (I don’t go back to those places) as dry a burger as their rarest burger.
Not a good meat flavor.

I had high hopes for a place with a little variety in an area with many single style food places. Applebees had variety and better food.
A group of friends are at the lakes regularly and eat at various places. Unfortunately, the choices generally only have narrow types of food which makes it harder to find a place that is good for a group that might want some choices.
I went to Burger Jones because most people will eat a burger and I saw a claim that they had good beer there. Boy was I disappointed.

They are trying to give this place an upscale atmosphere and charge for it. It doesn’t work if the food is poor. $10 for a sub par hamburger doesn’t do it.
They also need to have a few more good beers without charging more than the typical rate in the area.

A person of some status above the server/waitress level came over and asked for my opinion. I told her but got the feeling that she actually did not care what I said. “hope you will be back soon” isn’t really an appropriate response to a customer that has complained about the food.

American Good for groups American Burgers

Burger Jones  Restaurant Reviews

Burger Jones is located near the cities of Saint Anthny Vlg, St Anthony, and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Burger Joe's Minneapolis, Burger Joe's Minneapolis Mn, Burger Jones Reviews Minneapoli, Burger Jones Reviews Minneapolis, Burger Jones Reviews Monneapolis, Hamburger Joe's Minneapolis, Burger Joes Minneapolis, Burger Jones Calhoun, and Burger Joes Mn.