(Between Vicente St and Ulloa St)

Neighborhoods: West of Twin Peaks
Cuisine: Turkish, Mediterranean, Lunch

Bursa is a Turkish, Mediterranean, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 12/29/2017

A dining patron from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 6/07/2015

A Turkish chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

mourgos photo

San Francisco, CA

Popular Local West Portal Turkish Spot!

“Bursa” is not your shoulder, doctors, but a large city in Turkey, population 2.5 million. It’s also the name of a very popular restaurant the locals gravitate to on West Portal Avenue.

My father, brother and I dropped in for my birthday and were met by casually dressed waitresses with the tee shirts “Seven Deadly Zins”. Not sure what that means but they were cute.

We were seated at small tables, a simple yet full silverware set-up and menu. The wine list looked extensive but I was in the mood for eating. The prices are moderate.

The grilled salmon I had was a tiny bit dry but the sauces nearby the dish were just right. The vegetables and asparagus sticks were cooked lightly and crunchy to the teeth.

The Turkish coffee is poured in a tiny cup, looks like espresso with none of espresso’s bitterness — was a bit sweet, actually. And strong. I’m still awake!

The waitng staff was very attentive. My brother had grilled shrimp and my father I think had moussaka, bubbling in a hot plate.

There was quite a crowd outside, mostly couples who browse around the West Portal area, looking in windows and “restaurant shopping”. In this area, there are plenty of restaurant choices.

Make yours Turkish! And I’m Greek, go figure.

Parking is metered until 6PM and parking is tight.

Garlic Lemon Salmon

Perfect, crunchy veggies with asparagus, steamed, spiced rice shaped like a pyramid, an olive I pretended was King Tut, and slightly dry Salmon. Not bad.

Turkish Mediterranean Dinner

Bursa  Restaurant Reviews

Bursa is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Bursa San Francisco Menu, Bursa West Portal, Bursa Kebab San Francisco, Bursa Kebab West Portal Menu, Bursa Kebab West Portal, Bursa San Francisco, Bursa Restaurant West Portal, and Kebab Turkish W Portal Sf.