973 2nd Ave

mandeelish photo

mandeelish

Santa Clara, CA

Cupcake Wars - Buttercup wins

First thing I noticed at Buttercup was that there wasn’t a line out the door! Yay!

I tried the red devil cupcake, and ate it right away. The frosting wasn’t too sweet and the cake was moist. A few days earlier, I had Magnolia’s. There was a line, and I ate the cupcake later in the day. But the frosting was super sweet, and the cake was dry. I’m all for sweet stuff, but that frosting was too sweet. Hurt my teeth!

I also like how at Buttercup, someone gets the cupcakes for you. At Magnolia’s it’s self-serve…which means lots of bare hands touching cupcakes.

Next time I’m in NY, I’m hitting up Buttercup!

Red Devil Cupcake

Not too sweet with a moist cake. Yums.

I love sweets and I love cupcakes. The best...

I love sweets and I love cupcakes. The best part is the frosting. At buttercup I couldn’t get enough! I had the Red Velvet and the frosting is the most scrumptious frosting I’ve ever tasted! Melt in your mouth good…mmmm, just thinking about it is making my mouth water. I really want to go back and try all their flavors…yum!

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA

They serve the most amazing banana pudding i...

They serve the most amazing banana pudding i have ever tasted. It is like no other. The pudding is not thick but light and it is filled with lots of vanilla wafers and thin slices of bananas. The cupcakes are tasty, but it is the banan pudding that I go for everytime I’m in the city.

Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man

American in Midtown

Yakiniku Izakaya Riki

Asian in Midtown

2/15/2020

A diner from New York, NY tried Tudor City Steakhouse, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
awful food and service. never seen anything quite like it
2/15/2020

An Italian food lover from Boerne, TX tried Martini's Restaurant in Theater District - Times Square.

2/14/2020

A Sushi food lover from US tried Aki Sushi in Upper East Side.

2/14/2020

A dining patron from Xenia, OH tried Bunny Deli in Washington Heights, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Your basic diner take out spot, nothing special. No seating. BUT super cheap!
2/13/2020

A dining patron from US tried Peppermint Park (CLOSED) in Upper East Side.

2/13/2020

A dining patron from Bronx, NY tried King Wok in West Village.

2/13/2020

A diner from Zwolle, 15 tried Q Q Bakery in Chinatown.

2/13/2020

A Diner food lover from US tried Roxy Delicatessen in Theater District - Times Square.

2/13/2020

A food lover from MA tried Beef Steak Charlies (CLOSED) in Midtown Center.

2/13/2020

A diner from London, H9 tried Chez Bernard (CLOSED) in SoHo.

Bakeries Desserts Accepts credit cards
Mon-Tue 08:00AM - 10:00PM

Buttercup Bake Shop  Restaurant Reviews

Buttercup Bake Shop is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: Buttercup Bakery Cupcake Wars, 973 2nd Av Ny, Buttercup Bakery, Cupcake Delivery I'm Nyc, 973 2nd Ave New York Nyc10022 Near New York, Ny 10021, Buttercup.Bakery Midtown East, Cupcakes Near Second Ave, and Butter Cup Bakery On Second Ave Nyc.