Buttercup Bake Shop

Neighborhoods: Midtown East
Cuisine: Bakeries, Coffee, Breakfast

QB
    Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

mandeelish photo

mandeelish

Santa Clara, CA

Cupcake Wars - Buttercup wins

First thing I noticed at Buttercup was that there wasn’t a line out the door! Yay!

I tried the red devil cupcake, and ate it right away. The frosting wasn’t too sweet and the cake was moist. A few days earlier, I had Magnolia’s. There was a line, and I ate the cupcake later in the day. But the frosting was super sweet, and the cake was dry. I’m all for sweet stuff, but that frosting was too sweet. Hurt my teeth!

I also like how at Buttercup, someone gets the cupcakes for you. At Magnolia’s it’s self-serve…which means lots of bare hands touching cupcakes.

Next time I’m in NY, I’m hitting up Buttercup!

Red Devil Cupcake

Not too sweet with a moist cake. Yums.

I love sweets and I love cupcakes. The best...

I love sweets and I love cupcakes. The best part is the frosting. At buttercup I couldn’t get enough! I had the Red Velvet and the frosting is the most scrumptious frosting I’ve ever tasted! Melt in your mouth good…mmmm, just thinking about it is making my mouth water. I really want to go back and try all their flavors…yum!

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA

They serve the most amazing banana pudding i...

They serve the most amazing banana pudding i have ever tasted. It is like no other. The pudding is not thick but light and it is filled with lots of vanilla wafers and thin slices of bananas. The cupcakes are tasty, but it is the banan pudding that I go for everytime I’m in the city.

Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man

American in Midtown

Yakiniku Izakaya Riki

Asian in Midtown

9/19/2017

A dining patron from Freiburg, 01 tried Roettele A.G. (CLOSED) in East Village and liked it.

9/19/2017

A Noodles chowhound from New York, NY tried Tahan Sushi in Harlem.

9/18/2017

An Italian food lover from New York, NY tried Restaurant Riki in Midtown Center.

9/18/2017

A Chinese food lover from New York, NY tried La Preciosa in East Harlem.

9/17/2017

A dining patron from Jackson Heights, NY tried Las Delicias Peruanas in Corona.

9/17/2017

A dining patron from Brooklyn, NY tried 207 Boca Chica in Inwood.

9/17/2017

An American food lover from IL tried Coldwater's in Midtown East and liked it.

9/17/2017

A dining patron from US tried Wimp's Southern Style Bakery in Harlem.

9/16/2017

A Diner chowhound from New York, NY tried Cafe 71 in Upper West Side.

9/16/2017

A diner from Woonsocket, RI tried Cronies Restaurant in Upper East Side.

Bakeries Coffee Online Ordering
Tips
  • Magnolia Bakery is still going strong.
Mon-Tue 08:00AM - 10:00PM

Italian in Chelsea

Morimoto

Sushi in Chelsea

Buttercup Bake Shop  Restaurant Reviews

Buttercup Bake Shop is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: 973 2nd Av Ny, Buttercup Bakery Cupcake Wars, Buttercup.Bakery Midtown East, Buttercup Bakery, 973 2nd Ave New York Nyc10022 Near New York, Ny 10021, Butter Cup Bakery On Second Ave Nyc, Cupcakes Near Second Ave, and Cupcake Delivery I'm Nyc.