Buttercup Bake Shop

Neighborhoods: Midtown East
Cuisine: Bakeries, Coffee, Breakfast

QB
    Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

mandeelish photo

mandeelish

Santa Clara, CA

Cupcake Wars - Buttercup wins

First thing I noticed at Buttercup was that there wasn’t a line out the door! Yay!

I tried the red devil cupcake, and ate it right away. The frosting wasn’t too sweet and the cake was moist. A few days earlier, I had Magnolia’s. There was a line, and I ate the cupcake later in the day. But the frosting was super sweet, and the cake was dry. I’m all for sweet stuff, but that frosting was too sweet. Hurt my teeth!

I also like how at Buttercup, someone gets the cupcakes for you. At Magnolia’s it’s self-serve…which means lots of bare hands touching cupcakes.

Next time I’m in NY, I’m hitting up Buttercup!

Red Devil Cupcake

Not too sweet with a moist cake. Yums.

I love sweets and I love cupcakes. The best...

I love sweets and I love cupcakes. The best part is the frosting. At buttercup I couldn’t get enough! I had the Red Velvet and the frosting is the most scrumptious frosting I’ve ever tasted! Melt in your mouth good…mmmm, just thinking about it is making my mouth water. I really want to go back and try all their flavors…yum!

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA

They serve the most amazing banana pudding i...

They serve the most amazing banana pudding i have ever tasted. It is like no other. The pudding is not thick but light and it is filled with lots of vanilla wafers and thin slices of bananas. The cupcakes are tasty, but it is the banan pudding that I go for everytime I’m in the city.

Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man

American in Midtown

Yakiniku Izakaya Riki

Asian in Midtown

7/21/2017

An American food lover from New York, NY tried Sign of the Dove in Upper East Side.

7/21/2017

A dining patron from New York, NY tried Habanero Blues in Garment District.

7/20/2017

A diner from Denver, CO tried Sign of the Dove in Upper East Side.

7/20/2017

A dining patron from Irvington, NJ tried Peng Teng Restaurant in East Flatbush.

7/19/2017

A Lunch chowhound from Bridgeport, CT tried Slice Pizza in Washington Heights, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/18/2017

A dining patron from US tried Nelly's Pizza & Fried Chicken in Washington Heights.

7/18/2017

A Latin food lover from Brooklyn, NY tried El Nuevo Rincon in Fort George and didn't like it. They didn't like the food and liked the service.

7/18/2017

A Chinese food lover from Rochester, NY tried Hong Ying Rice Shoppe in Chinatown.

7/18/2017

A diner from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried Maria's Bakery in Chinatown and liked it.

7/17/2017

A dining patron from Brooklyn, NY tried 207 Boca Chica in Inwood.

Bakeries Coffee Online Ordering
Tips
  • Magnolia Bakery is still going strong.
Mon-Tue 08:00AM - 10:00PM

Steakhouse in Upper West Side

Del Posto

Italian in Chelsea

Buttercup Bake Shop  Restaurant Reviews

Buttercup Bake Shop is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: 973 2nd Av Ny, Buttercup Bakery Cupcake Wars, Buttercup Bakery, 973 2nd Ave New York Nyc10022 Near New York, Ny 10021, Butter Cup Bakery On Second Ave Nyc, Cupcakes Near Second Ave, Cupcake Delivery I'm Nyc, and Buttercup.Bakery Midtown East.