By-Th'-Bucket Bar and Grill

Cuisine: Italian, Seafood, Sandwiches

By-Th'-Bucket Bar and Grill is a Italian, Seafood, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Good food"
meythodrider photo

meythodrider

San Francisco, CA

Italian and seafood together

If you’re looking for a loud, fun, unpretentious restaurant for Italian food and get togethers, this is your joint.

Italian food and seafood are served in generous portions, hence the name “By th Bucket”

Th' Bucket Baked Brie

Very unique way of preparing Brie. The brie is baked with apples, pecans, cherries, and brown sugar and served with baguette pieces.

Th bucket Italian style cioppino at By-Th'-Bucket Bar and Grill

Th bucket Italian style cioppino

A bucket full of seafood delicacies: squid, scallops, fish, crab legs, octopus served in a yummy tomato based broth.

Channing photo

Channing

San Francisco, CA

This is the absolute worst restaurant that I...

This is the absolute worst restaurant that I have ever been to. It is worse than Denny’s, hell it is even worse than the Circus Circus buffet. It is not even an Italian restaurant as the description says, but more like a hodgepodge of dishes that don’t even taste good. The absolute worst part was the service.

They make you think soup and salad are included in the meal while ordering, and gave everyone the wrong dishes.

Worst of all, if you have a large party, they add the tip on after the tax and they round up various figures so they give themselves a 25% tip. The server was pretty indignant throughout the meal and never around anyways because he had his guaranteed tip.

Well suffice to say, we ended up only giving about an 8% tip, and this guy chased us into the parking lot, and was about to blow his top when the manager let us go. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

lowtech photo

lowtech

Cupertino, CA

OMG has this place gone down hill!!

I haven’t eaten at BTB for 15 years or so. I used to go there a lot back in the 70’s -80’s. Got a freebie for by birthday so we went. I had a Caesar with fried calamari, my wife had fettuccini with scallops. The calamari had absolutely no flavor, really .. Nothing!! I don’t know how you do that? The breading was too salty and spiced rather odd for squid. Had there been any flavor I don’t think it would have worked. The Caesar was alright, but a bit too much dressing and a bit too much vinegar, but passable. The scallops were the same, no flavor, just nothing! Like they were made from flower paste, except chewy. The sauce on the noodles was actually pretty tasty, but it did not taste like scallops and was too soupy. No one likes sloppy noodles, gets all over your face.

The French bread was good though, crisp and chewy. If you want to pay 50 bucks for some good French bread then this is your place….., but no olive oil and balsamic to dip it in :0(…..

Caesar with fried calamari,

Salad not bad, too much dressing and too much vinigar. The calammari was the worst I have ever eaten. First time in my life I have left fried squid on my plate!

fettuccini with scallops

Scallops had no flavor, didn’t bother to eat them, left them in the dish! Fettuccini sauce was not bad but soupy.

daisymae photo

daisymae

Poor marks

Ate here twice in 2 wks. Both time it was less than tasty. The person seating people was very rude and unhappy being there. No smile, no nothing. The waiter was about the same. Actually the water boy was the best “how are u” I hope you enjoy Is there anything else I can get for you !! Bravo water boy. The salad, soup and main course were surprisingly bad..not like the old days !!!

October 25, 2010

Large Menu, lots of choices, Good flavors, will try again

we stopped by last night for an early dinner. The selections are vast.....something for everybody including my mother who prefers "old style" dining. A lot of items that I would like to go back again and try. Especially SusieQCup's…
September 25, 2010

I need more SALMON

The polenta and salmon dish was AMAZING! I have it everytime I go.
August 14, 2010

Good, not great

I've been here a few times over the years when other people have suggested it, while I think the food is good, it's not great by any means. I think they're expensive for what it is too. You have to try the calms though.

In the U.S., sandwiches are as ubiquitous as they are delicious. But it turns out that sandwiches, in all of their various, glorious forms, are popular all over the world. From Danish smørrebrød to... read more

Italian Seafood Good For Kids
Tips
  • Nominated for best kid's restaurant for its easy atmosphere and big menu.
  • By-Th-Bucket is open late, so this is a great place to stop after a movie or concert.
Mon-Sat 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun 11:00AM - 09:00PM
thebrtnder

0 useful

Auetdqhwmr24m2abblkses
shaomai

By-Th'-Bucket Bar and Grill  Restaurant Reviews

• 4/29/2016 A diner from Oakland, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good food
  • 10/02/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 12/24/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 10/02/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 9/08/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/23/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/22/2014 A diner from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/13/2014 A diner from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 9/12/2013 A diner from Scottsdale, AZ tried it.

• 4/14/2013 A diner from Miami, FL tried it.

People found this by searching for: Buy The Bucket Restaurant, By The Bucket Menus, By The Bucket, Santa Clara. What Is Themdinner Menu?, By The Bucket Restaurant San Jose Ca Menu, Buy The Bucket Santa Clara Ca, Buythbucket, Buy The Bucket San Jose Ca, By Th Bucket Restaurant, and By The Bucket Santa Clara.