1011 Ne Alberta St

Spazz photo

Spazz

Hillsboro, OR

Hipster Heaven with Vegan Soul (Junk?) Food

If you don’t know that it’s a vegan bar, you wouldn’t be helped by the menu. Veggie meatballs are mentioned for the Meatball sub, but for the spaghetti, it’s just listed as “meatballs”. Also, there are many references to “cheese” with no indication that this would be a non-dairy version…but I have been informed it’s all vegan. It’s a small list of food items, which is kinda nice. There are bowls, sandwiches, spaghetti, and a few different sides.

I started out getting chips and salsa while we waited for more of our party to show up. I have to say the salsa was tasty and had a little bit of a kick to it. It’s only $2, so you can afford to try it whenever you feel the urge.

It is kind of loud with limited seating and sometimes poor service from the hipsters with an attitude behind the bar. Also, be aware that there’s smoking on the patio out back, not quite legal considering the proximity to the doors going in.

Vegan Meatball Sub

I had read the portion was generous and it definitely was. I dipped some of the tofu into the marinara and even forked some of the veggie meatballs to eat with the tofu. Once the sub was condensed to a smaller more edible version, I lifted it and took a bite. I think I would have preferred it on a softer bread, but other than that, it was quite good. I think the “cheese” and whatever else was at the bottom of the sandwich was just okay, so I might even opt to leave it off on my next visit. Will I visit again? Yes. Will I order the sub again? Yes.

Vegan Dinner Lunch

Bye and Bye  Restaurant Reviews

Bye and Bye is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Bye And Bye Menu, Calories Bye And Bye Portland, Bye And Bye Menu Portland, The Bye And Bye Portland Menu, Bye And Bye Portland, The Bye And Bye Menu, Bye And Bye Portland Or Menu, and Bye And Bye Portland Menu.