2087 Rue Ste-Catherine O
Montréal, QC H3H

Cacao 70

(Between Rue Chomedey and Rue du Fort)

Neighborhoods: Peter-McGill
Cuisine: Desserts, Chocolate, Breakfast

Cacao 70 is a Desserts, Chocolate, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
  • 7/22/2015

A Desserts chowhound from Willimantic, CT tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/14/2014

• 4/16/2014

A dining patron from Toronto, ON tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/24/2014

A Desserts chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

a day for cocoa

I was here for lunch. It was a bitterly cold day and I was looking forward to a nice hot cup of cocoa.

The menu is HUGE and EXPENSIVE. There are sandwiches, salads, dessert pizzas, hot and cold beverages, ice cream creations, fondues… Hard to decide? There are combos available for one or two people. Still can’t decide? Come early enough and you also get a brunch menu, with waffles and crepes and French toast and other eggy decadence.

As tempting as it was to dive head-first into total chocolate overload, I wanted to pace myself. Cocoa and a non-chocolate item (yes those exist here), for starters. Something warm — a -27° day is not the day for ice cream! And something affordable!

It took a while to get the waitress’s attention, but once the orders were placed, the food arrived quickly. What I didn’t care for was that the dirty dishes stayed in front of us for a good hour. A large group (with a reservation) arrived mid-afternoon, and those people were left standing at the entrance for what seemed an eternity, blocking the way in and out.

I will probably be back, because there were a lot of interesting-looking things on the menu and I want to taste more. I’ll need a wheelbarrow of money though!

grilled tuna salad sandwich

The sandwich was made on whole wheat bread, and came with a pale slice of tomato. It was served on a long plate, all stacked on one side — as though subtly reminding me that I could have ordered a side item too. The sandwich itself was quite filling, but otherwise unremarkable.

Vintage cocoa, dark

This is the second-cheapest cocoa on the menu. You get a choice of dark, semi-sweet, milk, or white chocolate. The chocolate is puddled into the bottom of a mug, and a large bottle of steaming hot milk arrives with it. You have to put the two together, and stir A LOT otherwise the drink will be lumpy and streaky. All the other cocoa menu items come premixed in a much larger cup, so I was a bit annoyed about this. I liked the assertive chocolate flavor though, and it was nice and hot. But I have had better cocoa elsewhere.

cream cheese fondue

I had a taste of someone else’s fondue order. It was served in a large mug with a space in the bottom for a mini warmer. The semi-sweet chocolate and cream cheese have to be mixed together as you dip. For dipping, there was chunky fruit salad, a finger of brownie cut in cubes, and a quarter of a waffle.

I tasted the fondue when first served, and again just before I left. Over time, the fondue had thickened to the point of being practically spreadable. It was very rich. There didn’t seem to be many goodies to dip with.

Desserts Chocolate Breakfast

Cacao 70  Restaurant Reviews

Cacao 70 is located near the cities of Saint Laurent, Mont Royal, St Laurent, Mount Royal, and Mt Royal.
People found this by searching for: Cacao 70 Menu Breakfast, Does Cacao 70 Have A Brunch Menu, Cacao 70 Brunch Menu, Cacao 70 Menu And Prices, Cacao70 Best Dish, Cacao 70 Menu, Cacao 70 Review, and Cacao 70.