405 8th St Nw

VAFoodie

Alexandria, VA

Disappointing "Pub Food" Lunch

Disappointing “Pub Food” Lunch
Having dined here for dinner in 2008, I was looking forward to experiencing lunch. My husband and I were very disappointed to see what I call “Pub Food” of 2 of the 3 lunch entree options during Restaurant Week. Cuban ham & Swiss cheese grilled panini, Quesadilla or trout. My husband eats sandwiches for lunch daily in Crystal City & stated the sandwich shop he frequents was far more delicious than the greasy Medio Dia. Watching the faces of customers that received the trout proved to be entertaining. Let’s just say we were happy we did not order it, presentation wise.
Having dined at 4 restaurants throughout Restaurant Week, this is THE week for restaurants to shine; to entice new customers & showcase the finer side of dining. This failed.

collinw photo

collinw

Midlothian, VA

I had come and visited before, just to check...

I had come and visited before, just to check out the minibar upstairs and i talked a bit with the chefs. Later on that night, while the first sitting of the minibar was going on, I requested to sit at a table right near the minibar to be able to watch. I had already had dinner, so i wasn’t hungry but still wanted to try some of Jose’s creations. I first got the Grilled octupus with strawberry arugula salad and topped with a lime foam. This dish was great, the octupus paired well with the salad and the foam. The foam was great and had a very vibrant but no overpowering lime flavoring. To finish i had Coconut in Texturas, a bowl filled with coconut flan, topped with a scoop of coconut sorbet and some coconut shaving. This dish was great, the sorbet was perfect consistency and tasted delicious. The flan was amazing, tasted phenomenal. I can’t wait to come back here and have an actual meal.

Latin American Dinner Catering

Caf? Atlantico  Restaurant Reviews

Caf? Atlantico is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Medio Dia Sandwich "Cafe Atlantico", Caf Wasington Dc, Latin 20004, and Caf Atlntico (Washington, Dc.