1800 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60613

Cafe 28

Neighborhoods: North Center
Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban, Mexican

Cafe 28 is a Latin American, Cuban, and Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Moonbm27 photo

Moonbm27

Chicago, IL

Cafe 28

My co worker went here and totally raved about this place and I knew I had to try it. I went to Cafe 28 on a double date last night. After reading the reviews, I was worried that we would be waiting forever to get a table but we arrived at 7pm and were seated pretty much right away. Our server was very pleasant and our food came out pretty quickly. Cafe 28 was a lot bigger than I expected, it expands out toward the back and is a great place for an intimate group for dinner. Everyone I was with really enjoyed their dinners. I did enjoy my meal at Cafe 28 but I am not sure it would be a place I dream about or crave. I would definitely recommend making sure you get something with the sweet mashed potatoes though! Those I think, I would dream about!

Honey Jalapeño Pork Chops

I had to order the honey jalapeno pork chops after hearing all of the rave about this dish. This entree definitely anounces itself when it arrives at your table! All you see coming at you are two large honey glazed porkchops on top of a bed of sweet mashed potatoes. The porkchops did not have any jalapeno flavor, they should have just stuck to calling it honey pork chops but the glaze was sweet and went perfectly with the sweet potatoes. I fell in love with the sweet potatoes and by the end of the meal, there were no sweet potatoes left on my plate! I wish the porkchops could have been a little more tender because they were a bit dry for me but the honey sauce really covers up the dryness.

Tres Leches Cake

Ok I am a HUGE fan of dessert and dessert can make or break a meal for me. Sadly this tres leches cake was a dissappointment. (good thing the sweet potatoes were so awesome!) Even with the three milks, this cake still tasted bland and somewhat dry. The coconut seemed out of place and this cake did not give a good tres leches flavor. I think I should have chosen the guave cheesecake instead!

hk123j photo

hk123j

Chicago, IL

Cuban and Mexican with a twist

I’ve been to Cafe 28 several times and each time I go there, I’m very happy with my total experience. The atmosphere is lively and fun, the food is delicious, and service is efficient.

My only qualm is that the wait is exhorbitantly long on weekends and they do not take reservations for parties that have less than 6 people.

Papa Rellenas

I loved this appetizer! Great flavor and texture.

Honey Jalapeño Pork Chops

The pork chops were overdone. Cafe 28 gives you two pork chops instead of one. It was way too much to eat but I liked taste of the honey jalapeno glaze.

Almond Crusted Halibut

The fish was perfectly tender on the inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside.

Latin American Cuban Mexican
Sun-Mon 05:30PM - 09:00PM
Tue-Fri 11:00AM - 02:30PM
Fri-Sat 05:30PM - 10:30PM
Sun,Sat 09:00AM - 02:00PM
Tue-Thu 05:30PM - 10:00PM

Cafe 28  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe 28 is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Cafe 28 Honey Jalapeno Pork Chop Recipe, Cafe 28 Restaurant, Recipee Cafe 28 Chicago Jalepeno Pork Chop Sauce, Cafe 28 Yelp Menu, Restauran. Cafe. 28, Honey Jalapeno Pork Chops Cafe 28 Recipe, and Recipes For Cuban Honey Jalapeno Pork Chops.