1720 I St NW
Washington, DC 20006-3701

Cafe Asia - DC

Neighborhoods: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Cuisine: Japanese, Lunch specials, Chicken

Cafe Asia - DC is a Japanese, Lunch specials, and Chicken restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

autofoodie photo

autofoodie

Second Review: Sticky Situation

Adversity is something that all restaurants face by nature, sometimes more so than others. Restaurants’ customers can have issues with just about anything, there is a strict health code that needs to be followed at all times, plus the industry is just tough to compete in. That is why excellent customer service at an eatery is a unique accent to a restaurant that helps it stand out in my mind. The rare times that I actually have a problem with my experience at a restaurant, action above and beyond the typical service expectations for a restaurant can quickly make me forgive and forget.

Like the other day.

Café Asia is a restaurant I really like. It’s a place I happily go for lunch or dinner to get sushi, plus I love their Happy Hour. So it was a bit disheartening when there was an issue with the sushi I ordered there recently. It wasn’t really their fault, as it could happen to any fish in any sushi restaurant and maybe it was just a rough day for an otherwise consistent joint, but let’s just say it was a little unsettling. Their reputation was suddenly on the ropes for me.

As I beckoned to the first waiter I saw, I relayed the information to him and he promptly imparted me a stony look of understanding and removed my untouched plate. After some time he came back and apologized, indicating that he had made sure that it was taken care of and was taking over our table. He offered to bring me a new plate of sushi or to bring me a cooked entree and then assured me that this type of thing had not happened before to his knowledge. At this point I wanted sushi and I wanted to complete my investigation, so I asked him for the sushi. He brought it, and it appeared he had brought me the best whitefish and tuna that they had. And upon noticing the sheer size and quality of the sushi, I ate the best plate of nigiri I have ever had at Cafe Asia. Nice bounce back for them.

But it gets better. After apologizing another ten-ish times, comping us the whitefish nigiri, bringing a dessert “on him” and taking another twenty percent off the entire bill, I wasn’t even that upset when I left. I actually felt better about Café Asia.

One of my biggest fears is having a fish-related problem at a restaurant because I love sushi so much. I’ve heard that once you have a bad fish experience, there is no turning back. That is why I tend to only eat sushi at reputable places. To think that Café Asia was heading down that road but used impeccable customer service to even improve my opinion of their restaurant speaks more wonder about their restaurant than any great dish. There will be a next time at Café Asia for me, and I recommend that there be a next time for you too.

Read reviews for this and other restaurants plus my own recipes at my blog, autofoodography.com

eaterindc photo

eaterindc

Avoid

Great place to take your in-laws — if you hate them. Restaurant looks like a kiddies’ romper room . . . set up in an underground garage. The large room is loud. No, make that LOUD. And by that I mean REALLY LOUD. Itty-bitty stools and itty-bitty tables and not much else to the decor. Search in vain for a chair with a back. Sit underneath the exposed ceiling pipes . . . which drip water. Try to find a menu not mottled with food stains, or one that doesn’t have missing pages. If you’re a large party (as was mine), be sure to sit at the rickety round table in the corner. Laugh as your drinks lurch and spill across the table surface. No one in my group found the food worthy of even perfunctory mention. Or maybe we said something and were too deaf to hear?

so far everything on the menu has been really yummy! Try ...

so far everything on the menu has been really yummy! Try the japanese fried dumplings for appetizer, pad thai, sushi, or flat noodles for the main course, and coconut mango sticky rice for dessert. Relatively cheap prices. Great modern atmosphere. Bring a date or a friend!

orenjina photo

orenjina

Brooklyn, NY

I love the atmosphere of the whole place at night, during...

I love the atmosphere of the whole place at night, during the day…not so much. The food si really good though. If you’re going there for the first time, I would order a bunch of the appetizers.

Japanese Dinner Lunch specials
Dyepu4otqr3zyoaby-glfx
autofoodie

orenjina

Brooklyn, NY

Cafe Asia - DC  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Asia - DC is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Cafe Asia, Dc, Cafe Asia Happy Hour Menu, Cafe Asia Dc Menu, Cafe Asia Washington Dc, Cafe Asia Happy Hour, Cafe Asia D.C., Cafe Asia Dc, Cafe Asia Dc Club Contact Info, and Cafe Asia In Dc.