445 S California Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94306-1832

Cafe Brioche

Neighborhoods: Evergreen Park
Cuisine: French, Catering, Californian

Cafe Brioche is a French, Catering, and Californian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

grubalicioussf photo

grubalicioussf

San Francisco, CA

underwhelming food and service

My family met with friends who were visiting from out of town and staying with relatives in the Peninsula. The relatives suggested we meet here, it is one of their favorite spots for brunch. There were ten of us, so it was nice to have seats outside on the sidewalk, and take in the nice weather.

Service was a little brusk, and our waiter, speaking in Spanish with one of our friends, advised against ordering the juevos rancheros because he didn’t like it, it wasn’t authentic. He pointed my way and indicated that it would be okay for us to have it, but non-native types would not enjoy it. I was a bit insulted, but obviously, he didn’t realize that I understand some Spanish.

The food turned out to be mediocre, I barely remember what I ate. I do remember that we had to go to Mc Donald’s drive through for my daughter who was still hungry after that meal. Maybe I should have ordered the burger, it looked pretty good and one of the kids we were with devoured it.

The place seems popular, it was really packed for Sunday brunch. In fact, it was a struggle for my daughter and me to make our way inside and to the back of the restaurant to use the restrooms. We had to fight our way past customers and the waitstaff.

Avocado, bacon, green onion, cheddar omelette

I thought I wouldn’t go wrong by ordering something simple like this omelette, especially since I was sharing with my daughter. It was really plain and my daughter ended up eating bread with butter the whole time. We had orange juice (not fresh squeezed) to go with it.

lvchan photo

lvchan

San Francisco, CA

favorite French sandwich spot

This is one of my all-time favorite places to go. I work in Palo Alto and whenever we’re heading off campus for lunch, this is the first place that springs to mind. Keep in mind that this place is small though and popular! So stick with small groups and arrive early! If you have to wait, i guarantee it’ll be worth it! I’ve been about a dozen times now. See below for my top picks. Tip: you don’t actually have to choose between salad or french fries—you can ask for half/half!

Jerk Crusted Tuna Steak

They give a really generous piece of tuna steak cooked just right!

Grilled Chicken on Foccacia with Mozarella and Pesto

Best chicken and pesto sandwich I’ve ever had!

Chevre Chaud

If you’re going for a salad, here’s the one I’d recommend.

French Reservations Catering

Cafe Brioche  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Brioche is located near the cities of East Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, Stanford, Menlo Park, and Mountain.
People found this by searching for: Cafe Brioche, Menlo Park, Cafe Brioche Menu, French Sandwich Palo Alto, Cafe Brioche California Ave Menu, Cafe Brioche Palo Alto Reviews, Cafe Brioche Yelp, and Star Brusk Kafe.