3105 Washington Blvd

Cafe Buna

Neighborhoods: Marina Del Ray
Cuisine: Breakfast, American, Bakery & Pastries

Overall
Pros
"Very people friendly!!! Great menu!!!!! And very, very good service. Priced right also. :)"
  • 7/01/2015

A Breakfast chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/02/2015

• 2/17/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 1/04/2014

A Breakfast chowhound from Downey, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/02/2013

A dining patron from La Mesa, CA tried it.

LAFoodGod photo

LAFoodGod

I WANNA LIVE... Bring on the Ostrich

Shockingly, I’ve never reviewed Cafe Buna. Odd. I was sure I had reguarding their breakfast, which is one of the best in the city. I’ll definitely have to do a breakfast review on them soon.

The other day I went for lunch. I was tempted to still order breakfast, but then I noticed the burger options. Now, I know. I eat way too many burgers and if I wanna keep writing about food I better cut back or I’ll die sooner than later. And that’s OK, I did just buy my first suit, so I do have something nice to be burried in… Ah… Me burried in a suit… Naw. That doesn’t sound comfortable or at all like me. I wanna be buried in some really expensive soft denim jeans and a soft comfy hoodie. That’s my style, maybe even a baseball hat…

What the hell is goin’ on here? I’m suppose to be writing a food review and I’ve gone off on a tangent about my funeral. Well it could be worse, I could be talking about that Donkey show dream I had the other night. It’s amazing what you can fit inside… Nevermind…

I was so tempted by the burgers I had to get one, but I was still torn… Then I noticed it, like the Original Jews noticed Moses coming down the mountain with rocks he claimed God wrote on. Cafe Buna sells an Ostrich Burger! That was the solution. If you don’t know, Ostrich is very lean, it’s not fatty like beef, but it’s more difficult to cook. If you over cook Ostrich or Buffalo another lean beef substitute, they quickly become very tough. I ordered the Blue Cheese Burger with Ostrich. Like a veggie burger, Ostrich or Buffalo can be a great substitute for Beef, but they do lack the fantastic flavor of Beef. In order to compensate for that lack of flavor, I like to make sure the toppings are extremely flavorful. The burger I ordered comes with Bacon, Blue Cheese, Avocado, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. A bountiful flavor overload. I 86’d the lettuce and pickles. They didn’t seem like they were necessary. In favor of health I also substituted the fries for my favorite veggie, Collard Greens.

When I got the burger it looked great, stacked high, tall and proud and to a layman it looked like beef. The bun looks cheap and bagged, but it’s Cafe Buna, an amazing breakfast spot not a burger place so I’ll give em a pass.

There wasn’t too much blue cheese, enough bacon for flavor, a good amount avocado, thick slice of tomato and onions. The Ostrich was a bit tough. Now, I like my burger cooked Medium Rare to Rare and I knew I wasn’t going to get that with Ostrich. It is cooked all the way through. So it was like eating a well done burger and if you like that, you’d probably love Ostrich or Buffalo. With all the toppings it was still enjoyable and I didn’t feel so weighed down afterward. The Collard Greens were great as well. Not as good as Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles, but pretty good. I’d definitely order them again.

Now every time I see my new suit I’m gonna be thinking, I don’t wanna die, cause I don’t want to live in the ground wearing something so uncomfortable. So when I’m craving a burger I’ll look at my suit and instead of getting a massive tasty fatty burger, I’ll go down to Cafe Buna and get an Ostrich or maybe even a Salmon Burger.

www.LAFoodGod.com

Breakfast American Takeout

Cafe Buna  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Buna is located near the cities of Marina Del Ray, Venice, Venezia, Cape May, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: Cafe Buna Menu, Cafe Buna Marina Del Rey, Cafe Buna Venice, Cafe Buna Marina Del Rey Menu, Cafe Buna, Buna Cafe In Venice Beach, and Cafe Buna On Washington.